Air Jordan 13 Tinker 2018

Can you not read? It has the Schoeller material on the upper. (the part with the 3m in it)

Also the same suede. Except now it has Kobe style tpu strands running through it apparently.

Not sure what J Gas is though. Jordan farts?

One thing we can all be certain of though,

this shoe will be trash no one cares about.

I have to say, Tinker did an excellent job of drawing a clear outsole pod thing. Except the one at the arch I suppose.

I feel like Jordan is going to cut serious corners and just slap a Vapormax sole on these and say close enough.

giphy.webp

nah. we gave y'all a pass on the tinker 3. don't do this on every model for money grab. smh

Attachments

• untitled-2.png
    untitled-2.png
    445 KB · Views: 86
  • untitled-2.png
    untitled-2.png
    445 KB · Views: 69
lol, maybe. If its missing the strap.

“It doesn’t need a strap. Let’s not put anything on it that it doesn’t need.” - MJ
https://www.google.com/amp/s/theund...black-cat-changed-the-game/amp/?source=images
Damn, that was a dope read. Thanks bro

To whoever questioned the sketch;

"There are 127 sketches of the Air Jordan XIII — at least those that have seen the light of day. For every shoe he designed for Jordan — his first was the Air Jordan III, released in 1988 — Tinker completed between 100 and 200 sketches, all of which he signed and dated."

Potentially, they dont ever need to design another new release again. Just keep releasing these Tinker sketches lol.

And Im all in. Im past done with these new tryhards trying but always failing to come up with something good. You can go to all the design school your ears and eyes can handle, you cant teach the intangibles. You either have the eye for it or you dont. Very few people are blessed with it and people need to realize that Tinker is basically the Jordan of (sneaker) design. Thats why this whole thing is so magical.

I say keep releasing what keeps it all real and do so until you die real.

Even if a new "Kobe" type designer comes up in the future that can carry the torch (We havent seen it yet though, just a few one hit wonders), Id say let that man work with the next Jordan of basketball (god willing) to start the next magical thing.

Its going to be real hard finding a new Jordan/Kobe for the NBA though when you consider how the game has changed and how soft this new generation is/is going to be.

I'm just glad that this was not the final product that Tinker produced. Easy pass on all of them.

The 3 made sense, 30th Anniversary, they release an alternate 3, I get it.

But these hit the cutting room floor for a reason and now were slated to get a 3,6,13,10 who knows how many more all in the same year.

Just going too hard in the paint with the "Tinker" shtick too fast. I mean the guy did design all of the iconic Jordans so I dont understand the whole Tinker thing, as if its an outside designer putting his spin on a classic J. Its just the same dudes throwaways.

The 3 made sense, 30th Anniversary, they release an alternate 3, I get it.

But these hit the cutting room floor for a reason and now were slated to get a 3,6,13,10 who knows how many more all in the same year.

Just going too hard in the paint with the "Tinker" shtick too fast. I mean the guy did design all of the iconic Jordans so I dont understand the whole Tinker thing, as if its an outside designer putting his spin on a classic J. Its just the same dudes throwaways.
I look @ it a little different. Kina like cars. Prototype cars are usually always different from the puplic release. Usually stripped down versions for various reasons. Doesn't necessarily mean the public release is better, just means changes were made. Sometimes for form, sometimes for function. For example, if jordan didn't like the patent leather on the 11's we might have gotten a shoe w/o the pl and then tinker would release a prototype w/ pl & alot of ppl would prolly b like, wtf? Sometimes it's hard 2 imagine something different from what it was, & always has been. Personally, I like the idea of releasing tinker prototypes, but just as ONE release per shoe tho. A one time chance to buy a prototype, & a piece of history.

That being said, I never liked the strap on the original Nike Air Trainer 1 & could never rock this shoe.

I look @ it a little different. Kina like cars. Prototype cars are usually always different from the puplic release. Usually stripped down versions for various reasons. Doesn't necessarily mean the public release is better, just means changes were made. Sometimes for form, sometimes for function. For example, if jordan didn't like the patent leather on the 11's we might have gotten a shoe w/o the pl and then tinker would release a prototype w/ pl & alot of ppl would prolly b like, wtf? Sometimes it's hard 2 imagine something different from what it was, & always has been. Personally, I like the idea of releasing tinker prototypes, but just as ONE release per shoe tho. A one time chance to buy a prototype, & a piece of history.

That being said, I never liked the strap on the original Nike Air Trainer 1 & could never rock this shoe.

Yeah im not opposed to them doing 1 model a year in 1/2 colorways but lets not just pump them out.

Its good to leave things in the vault. Were already getting banged over the head with retros every week.

Yeah im not opposed to them doing 1 model a year in 1/2 colorways but lets not just pump them out.

Its good to leave things in the vault. Were already getting banged over the head with retros every week.
lol, most definitely. Things r bad when I'm starting to second guess my cable package.

Back
Top Bottom