Air Jordan 14 Retro - "Black Toe" White/ Varsity Red/ Black ~ Summer 2014 RD: 9/20/2014

You guys have to realize your memory has probably faded and you remember when these were broken in.

Are you sure you guys are lacing them up tight and to the top?

Lacing them sloppy like kids do it these days is a no no on these. Gonna have you feeling like your shoe bout to fall off

Nah, I wore my Blk/red OG to play ball outdoor until 2012 and then a year of sitting made the paint on the teeth sticky so I tossed them. They didn't need break in. My black toe OG tho popped an airbag way back when. I also had the 2004 wht/red that I played outdoor until early 2013. None of those needed break in. Just tie them up and go play. I tried on the new retro and the side is very stiff and the cushioning isn't there, so I passed on them.

People still ball in new retros? Do you guys not like being able to walk?
NBA players ball in them as well....
eyes.gif
and then fall apart during the game
nthat.gif

Y'all dnt need em.

People still ball in new retros? Do you guys not like being able to walk?
NBA players ball in them as well....
eyes.gif

and then fall apart during the game
nthat.gif
Yeah but that happens to 9yr old shoes. Glue dries up.

Honestly they're made for casual wear idk how ppl ball in retros
no, it happened to new 10s. the infrared 10s with Lowry, forgot who but the powder blues wit someone on the Sixers. someone else too i think last season.

What are you talking about? It was Tony Wroten last season and they were the White & Red 10s, which were around 10 years old. And Lowry never had a shoe malfunction. Please inform yourself. A simple Google search does wonders.

What are you talking about? It was Tony Wroten last season and they were the White & Red 10s, which were around 10 years old. And Lowry never had a shoe malfunction. Please inform yourself. A simple Google search does wonders.
ah my bad, I'm trippin then. Seen Lowry play in them, got mixed up I guess. Really could had sworn I seen someone's powder blues blow out in a game tho

the xx has a air pod in the heel and podulon for the rest. 

the xviii was great for basketball btw. just don't play in the suede version. the leather version and the xviii+ had better support.
Yep. I remember when they first came out. I couldn't decide between the white/blue leather and blk/blue suede. I preferred the look of the suede but I needed them for ball so the I got the leather. Good thing since I found the suede a few months later at an outlet for 70 bucks. Those were the days. Still have and they're still holding nicely. I'd wear them if I could still fit in them

I think it's the age that separates those who feel these and those that don't.

At 35 myself the 14 was the last sig shoe I bought and I didn't even care for it that much, a lot of Jordans lovers my age stop at the 13. Those in that 5-15 age group when these dropped LOVE them.
The blk/reds were my first Jordans at 14 so I love them. Was pleased when they retroed them 3 yrs ago since I still had the OG to compare them to

At 35 myself the 14 was the last sig shoe I bought and I didn't even care for it that much, a lot of Jordans lovers my age stop at the 13. Those in that 5-15 age group when these dropped LOVE them.

The blk/reds were my first Jordans at 14 so I love them. Was pleased when they retroed them 3 yrs ago since I still had the OG to compare them to

Yea man, I've got a lot of feedback on that post and everyone feels pretty much the same way. It's so funny how the 14 stops/starts right around the age group I mentioned as far as those who Love/Hate them.

Good stuff my dudes

Last edited:
Quote:

Yup, seems like it.  Most people who where in high school and below have founder memories of 14s and up. 

I was in 7th grade when the 14s dropped.  I had no clue about MJ having his own brand of sneaker line from Nike (that's how oblivious I was at the time to shoes and shoes in general).  An upper classmen that I was very close with had 11s, 12s, 13s and 14s, and I had to have them.  They just looked so cool.  Compared to the 11/12/13 the 14 had that sleek styling and the 'teeth' on the shoe for an odd reason pulled me in like crazy (no I didn't know these shoes where styled after the Ferrari F355 some other mags state it the Ferrari 550 Maranello).  Went out and purchased my 1st Jordan's ever being the Air Jordan 14 Indiglo and wore the poor things to the ground.  The 'teeth' ended up coming off and exposing a soft white foam and the metal aglets took a beating and so many marks/bends in them when all was said and done.  But damn where they soft, plush and probably some of the best sneakers I owned in that era.  I miss them so bad... 

Don't know what possessed me to purchase the 15s however...god looking back on them they where some ugly shoes.

The xv is one of my favorite jordans especially the original black/red colorway maybe because its designed after my favorite fighter jet.

Theres always gonna be people disliking a jordan design. I remember kids talking crap about the black infrared vi and how they looked like space boots. Also the white black xiii looking like they had maxi pads on the side and of course the xv that people said looked elf boots :lol:

Last edited:
Nice, got a pair of DSG, one of my fav pairs to release the last few weeks and was disappointed I was out of the country the day if release......what are ferraris going for?

Looking at the black toe wonder if Nike is willing to do a more black with a white toe option so we can call it the Orca Whale

Dude for real? You've been in the thread boss..
You can probably pick your favorite site still.

FSR at DSG and FNL

http://m.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=41854966

No 9.5 b

Man you might try Hibbetts.com
http://www.hibbett.com/mobile/new-releases.html
You won't be able to buy Retros online but that link will locate your surrounding stores that have them in stock.

:smile: I just located a WTL. It was 1 sz to big but I'm going to size swap it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom