Air jordan 2 raptors coming soon

I hate all red shoes, but aren't these almost identical to the candy red 2s minus the purple hits.
011322_01.jpg
just give me these already
jordan_og_ii (1).jpg

and while you're ar it throw in these
ajii-log--t.png

Already copped this retro, that's a pretty good one. I know I'm mostly in the minority, but 2s are a top 5 for me.
Air-Jordan-2-Low-OG-1.jpg

Last edited:
that render is awful, I hope they don't make them predominately red... but honestly I don't even care.

I hate all red shoes, but aren't these almost identical to the candy red 2s minus the purple hits.
011322_01.jpg
just give me these already
jordan_og_ii (1).jpg

and while you're ar it throw in these
ajii-log--t.png

Already copped this retro, that's a pretty good one. I know I'm mostly in the minority, but 2s are a top 5 for me.
Air-Jordan-2-Low-OG-1.jpg

same here.... top 5 for sure.

Been rocking the lows a lot lately. Super comfy
D3921CB5-CD32-4B38-AB7C-C335D43341B6.jpeg

The 2's are the only model 1-14 that I ain't feelin at all, og colorway or not. Never did like these and never will. I even like the 15's better and those were pretty bad.

best-air-jordan-2s.jpg
No..
Bring THESE back. lol

without the original mold (which was lost) 2s will forever be trash

So did they lose the '94 mold as well? Cause it was way better than anything after.

Unfortunately I wouldn't be interested in any Air Jordan 2's until they bring back the
Wht/Blk/Red high without the red rand but with decent materials and shape. No exceptions.

So did they lose the '94 mold as well? Cause it was way better than anything after.

Unfortunately I wouldn't be interested in any Air Jordan 2's until they bring back the
Wht/Blk/Red high without the red rand but with decent materials and shape. No exceptions.
I think the molds disappeared after 94...but someone verify when nike lost the mold pls

It costs like $500k+ to rebuild molds and that isn’t even including the research, etc. to make them as close to the OG as possible. There is simply no business incentive for Nike/JB to fix this now, especially given how 2s aren’t that popular.
Even then, you still won't get the mold exactly right. Once the mold is gone, it's gone.

Y’all really believing Nike lost the molds? Nike doesn’t want to recreate the “Italian leather” quality in this day and age. They’d have to charge more than the typical price of retro’s and with 2’s always being the black sheep of the game worn models from MJ, you see where Nike’s hesitation lies.

Inb4 JB announces a release date for the Slam Dunk pack after all these years :nerd: :nthat:

We’re always acting like NIKE can’t replicate these molds :lol:
This is a billion dollar shoe company that can do anything it wants, any way it wants.

i agree, the 2s are afterthoughts and pretty much always have been. I’d say then...get the shape right, make em limited, throw em on a few celebs and boom you just created the demand.

I will easily admit Im not the biggest 2 fan by no means. But if they want any $ from me at all, the Chicago colorway needs to be released before any other 2. I have never seen anyone going on and on about wanting the 2 in a plus type color style.

If every mold is that expensive, why the hell do they make so many different styles that barely move? Wouldnt you think they would invest in a correct foam mold? I know the answer to that and its no they dont have to due to its popularity. But the 2, is not popular really at all. The move to make a great mold might be worth making to potentially make that shoe more appealing.
They've made another mold already. The mold they have is what produces the current 2s you see today. Even if nike/Jordan decided that they want to get it right, There's no guarantee that it will ever be right.

Everything that nike makes sells. Us, as sneakerheads don't fool with 97% of the stuff nike makes, but that doesn't mean it doesn't sell.

They've made another mold already. The mold they have is what produces the current 2s you see today. Even if nike/Jordan decided that they want to get it right, There's no guarantee that it will ever be right.

Everything that nike makes sells. Us, as sneakerheads don't fool with 97% of the stuff nike makes, but that doesn't mean it doesn't sell.
That’s why I laugh when ppl say, why are they dropping 6 Rings etc... simple Because they do numbers

I will easily admit Im not the biggest 2 fan by no means. But if they want any $ from me at all, the Chicago colorway needs to be released before any other 2. I have never seen anyone going on and on about wanting the 2 in a plus type color style.

I liked the alt 87 2's and the "wing it's" for plus CW's but NOTHING I couldnt live without. Just looked like OG CW's. Agreed though there is only 4 OG CW's including lows. They've only made 1 real attempt at a legit retro, and no other rumours have hardly ever even surfaced. Just drop 1 OG high CW of the 2's and keep the other in the vault and I'd be happy. Jb shows no signs of ever doing this.

I think the molds disappeared after 94...but someone verify when nike lost the mold pls

Y’all really believing Nike lost the molds? Nike doesn’t want to recreate the “Italian leather” quality in this day and age. They’d have to charge more than the typical price of retro’s and with 2’s always being the black sheep of the game worn models from MJ, you see where Nike’s hesitation lies.

Inb4 JB announces a release date for the Slam Dunk pack after all these years :nerd: :nthat:

We’re always acting like NIKE can’t replicate these molds :lol:
This is a billion dollar shoe company that can do anything it wants, any way it wants.

i agree, the 2s are afterthoughts and pretty much always have been. I’d say then...get the shape right, make em limited, throw em on a few celebs and boom you just created the demand.

Replacing the molds is 100% a financial decision-same issue with the Foamposite molds. People are buying the product the way it is so they lack incentive to make these changes.

Honestly, if they REALLY wanted to remake the molds they could all they would need would be:

-A DS (or close to) pair of OG 2s (this might be hard with OG 2s notoriously having a penchant for crumbling).
-Measurements taken to the exact specifications of the pair and and scaled up/down to produce a FSR mold

Obviously, this takes time effort and labor/material costs in building the molds themselves and then sending them to factories to replace current molds. Nike/JB just don’t care enough to fix the tooling because they haven’t been financially incentivized to do so.

Back
Top Bottom