Air Jordan 2009

oh man, more trash... doesnt anybody feel bad about the wasted materials? and all the energy it took to make it?... straight caca i tell you!

Originally Posted by brendanmaguire

is there even a jordan sign on these?
09sigcloseupnttd5.jpg

ok so ur drawings were spot on dude...

but yup i see a mix of the 14's, m5's and 13 (hologram) imprints on these..... but as i said in the other topic with the sample pics as the mantopic....will reserve comments until final product is out....as for now....the price sucks (especially in these hard times....way to go JB) and the shoe, apartfrom not livin up to the price aint all that spectacular....

i guess it does achieve not fallin in the numbered line i.e #24...

Those look like absolute garbage, like some disgusting And1 or Reebok atrocity. Trying hard with the detailing, like the thick dark gray stitches across thetips of the pointy elements. But just because you add some details doesn't make it a great shoe. You can't polish a turd. And that chrome finish on themidsole looks stupid. Real chrome metal looks good (obviously not suitable for a shoe midsole) but fake, plastic chrome effect looks terrible.

Any what is with the chunky shoes Jordan Brand puts out lately. How high is that toe area? Back in the day it was all about being light weight and low profile.The XXIII fit that bill at least but had awful cushioning, a clunky, inflexible outsole and poor padding in the ankle area. That shoe looked cool butperformance wise was a mess.

All their designs lately seem to be too much rooted in trying to make something look good rather than perform well but their aesthetic choices are often tackyor misguided. Take the embroidery on the XXIII. Cool idea to embroider all over but the pattern used on the Titanium, black/red and motorsports is tooabstract, the MJ pattern on the all-stars is too loud and makes it look like a clown shoe or fishnets a prostitute would wear, and the MJ pattern on the blacksand stealths is barely recognizable since the M and J are in completely different styles.

XXII was a nice looking shoe in my opinion but had too many different pattersn on it - like 3 different ones on the outsole alone - and there were too manylayers of thick material overlapping where the toe box meets the end of the tongue.

So many garbage team shoes. Even though the B'Loyals looked ok the sculpting of the midsole was chunky and lacked refinement

Garbage clothing. Garbage quality retros.

Then look over at Nike basketball. Hyperdunks are ok but the Kobe IV and LeBron VI are just derivative Air Force 1 rip-offs. Other shoes just rip-offs of early90s Barkleys. Nash has an Air Max 90 rip-off.

WHAT IS WRONG AT NIKE????

And if I see ONE MORE LAME LOGO which is just someones initials and a number mashed into some stupid geometric patternI'll..........I'll.............wait what could I possibly do? Nothing.

Want some examples of how NOT to design a logo? See Chris Paul, Kevin Durant, LeBron James, Steve Nash. Just GARBAGE I would not even expect from a first yeardesign student.

RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nike need to fire 80% of their designers, reduce their product line by about 90% and stop pumping out rubbish. Go back to the 1991 or 1992 levels where therewere far fewer products and the best shoe in each category was an absolute classic with the others were not far behind.

Sigh.

I wish my rants could be 1/10th as classy as Method Man's.
nerd.gif

nike and jordan. gimmick after gimmick. this one weaker than many, when jordan of all gimmicks should be the best. inspirations seem lackluster. when saw thisreminded of this shoe
AirZoomVapor3.jpg

i still can not believe this is what we get after wee all support JB with 310 a pack time a million packs times 11 months is a whole lot of support forsneakers that already went through research and development and you spend our money to research and develop this. it is like you support BMW and they give ussomething worse than the year before. shame on JB.

Originally Posted by Air Elijah

Those look like absolute garbage, like some disgusting And1 or Reebok atrocity. Trying hard with the detailing, like the thick dark gray stitches across the tips of the pointy elements. But just because you add some details doesn't make it a great shoe. You can't polish a turd. And that chrome finish on the midsole looks stupid. Real chrome metal looks good (obviously not suitable for a shoe midsole) but fake, plastic chrome effect looks terrible.

Any what is with the chunky shoes Jordan Brand puts out lately. How high is that toe area? Back in the day it was all about being light weight and low profile. The XXIII fit that bill at least but had awful cushioning, a clunky, inflexible outsole and poor padding in the ankle area. That shoe looked cool but performance wise was a mess.

All their designs lately seem to be too much rooted in trying to make something look good rather than perform well but their aesthetic choices are often tacky or misguided. Take the embroidery on the XXIII. Cool idea to embroider all over but the pattern used on the Titanium, black/red and motorsports is too abstract, the MJ pattern on the all-stars is too loud and makes it look like a clown shoe or fishnets a prostitute would wear, and the MJ pattern on the blacks and stealths is barely recognizable since the M and J are in completely different styles.

XXII was a nice looking shoe in my opinion but had too many different pattersn on it - like 3 different ones on the outsole alone - and there were too many layers of thick material overlapping where the toe box meets the end of the tongue.

So many garbage team shoes. Even though the B'Loyals looked ok the sculpting of the midsole was chunky and lacked refinement

Garbage clothing. Garbage quality retros.

Then look over at Nike basketball. Hyperdunks are ok but the Kobe IV and LeBron VI are just derivative Air Force 1 rip-offs. Other shoes just rip-offs of early 90s Barkleys. Nash has an Air Max 90 rip-off.

WHAT IS WRONG AT NIKE????

And if I see ONE MORE LAME LOGO which is just someones initials and a number mashed into some stupid geometric pattern I'll..........I'll.............wait what could I possibly do? Nothing.

Want some examples of how NOT to design a logo? See Chris Paul, Kevin Durant, LeBron James, Steve Nash. Just GARBAGE I would not even expect from a first year design student.

RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nike need to fire 80% of their designers, reduce their product line by about 90% and stop pumping out rubbish. Go back to the 1991 or 1992 levels where there were far fewer products and the best shoe in each category was an absolute classic with the others were not far behind.

Sigh.

I wish my rants could be 1/10th as classy as Method Man's.
nerd.gif
AMEN!! Chu-uuch!! Preach on AE! Even on a positive note, why are Nike retroes 10000x better than Jordan retroes. JB heads are just full ofthemselves thinking they are revolutionizing the sneaker industry, but in turn it is just a bastardization of this culture I love.
ohwell.gif

On a second look it seems the midsole is not so much chrome as perhaps some marble effect. On one picture the left shoe looks pretty silvery and shiny though.I don't know, I liked the plastic on the 17's and 23's but I'm just as happy with plane foam. The plastic on the 23's seems too stiff for amidsole. The 17's is flexible.

This cushioning pod under the hell on the 2009 looks bad to me. I want a smooth cushioned transition from front to back. What ever happened to full length airor zoom air? Where did the "Air" in "Air Jordan" go?

Back
Top Bottom