Air Jordan 2010 **UNC Black** (New Pics Added)

I dont care wat ppl say bout this shoes. They can say wateva they wan, i still will get em. Ya, its true, Air Jordan 2010 is a high performance basketballshoes. Its not for style or fashion. Ppl who wants to rock shoes with their jeans or wateva, just go & get other shoes. Nobody force you to buy this shoesanyway
happy.gif

Originally Posted by NomadicSole21

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

I mean, what do you want them to put out? This is innovative. It's a high performance BASKETBALL shoe. It's not MEANT for style. Air Jordan's never were. They've always been built on the chasis of performing for the best basketball player in the world.

Seriously, there's nothing wrong with this shoe. If you want to wear it with jeans and be casual, I can see why you wouldn't like them as much. I mean I would but I don't care either way. I just want these ON COURT. Everything i've heard has me very excited to get a few runs in with these. Between this and ZK5, I should be good through the spring going into the summer.

If you're looking for the casual shoe, you're looking in the wrong place...that's all i'm saying. If you want a high performance ball shoe, there's no way you aren't excited for this shoe...
QFT.

Don't yall understand that after the 14s, all the Signatures are all basketball performance shoes? Jordans were never meant for casual use in the first place, even the previous sigs were made for basketball.

This shoe is one of the many innovations Jordan Brand needs to implement on their shoes instead of re-hashed ideas.
Keep bringing Tinker back for Sigs, that man still KNOWS.

Personally im excited, for on and off the court use, these shoes will be really comfortable without a doubt.

But isn't this shoe the same thing? Look at side by side comparisons of this shoe and the 16.5. Finishline has a pretty good pic up. The patent toe, thepatent back in pretty much the EXACT SAME CUT. The gum sole, the XXesque MIDSOLE. The only thing I see in this shoe that is new is that ridiculous circle and if you look at some of the jumpman shoes from the early 2000's, you might even have to take that awayfrom them because some of those had circles too, they just had a jumpman in them and they weren't as big lol. Bottom line, everything on this shoe we haveseen before. It was pretty much the same with the XIV look-alike 2009's. They keep taking us places that we have been before and they need to take a pageout of Michael Jackson's book and take us somewhere we have never gone lol!

I don't care either way because if the shoe doesnt have a roman numeral next to it, it isn't a true "Air Jordan".

I mean, what do you want them to put out? This is innovative. It's a high performance BASKETBALL shoe. It's not MEANT for style. Air Jordan's never were. They've always been built on the chasis of performing for the best basketball player in the world.

Seriously, there's nothing wrong with this shoe. If you want to wear it with jeans and be casual, I can see why you wouldn't like them as much. I mean I would but I don't care either way. I just want these ON COURT. Everything i've heard has me very excited to get a few runs in with these. Between this and ZK5, I should be good through the spring going into the summer.

If you're looking for the casual shoe, you're looking in the wrong place...that's all i'm saying. If you want a high performance ball shoe, there's no way you aren't excited for this shoe...
QFT.

Don't yall understand that after the 14s, all the Signatures are all basketball performance shoes? Jordans were never meant for casual use in the first place, even the previous sigs were made for basketball.

This shoe is one of the many innovations Jordan Brand needs to implement on their shoes instead of re-hashed ideas.

Personally im excited, for on and off the court use, these shoes will be really comfortable without a doubt.
Sorry, but this is pure BS.

Jordan's since the XIX haven't even been comfortable. Maybe I would include the XXI's, but from no ankle support to rubbing of your pinky toe,I'm not sure how you can make that claim. You can get much better kicks for basketball for $80 from Nike. Most Jordan's now they throw on a gimmickto attract attention. I recently tried out my 2009's, same thing, cute gimmick that went over poorly that doesn't help them for basketball.

Jordan's are for style, since the XI, because you don't place a $175 sticker on kicks for basketball. What do you think the boxes or cases are for?

I don't think it's a coincidence that most players with JB wear team Jordan's or even older retros PE's instead

Originally Posted by Magic1978

QFT.

Jordan's since the XIX haven't even been comfortable. Maybe I would include the XXI's, but from no ankle support to rubbing of your pinky toe, I'm not sure how you can make that claim. You can get much better kicks for basketball for $80 from Nike. Most Jordan's now they throw on a gimmick to attract attention. I recently tried out my 2009's, same thing, cute gimmick that went over poorly that doesn't help them for basketball.

Jordan's are for style, since the XI, because you don't place a $175 sticker on kicks for basketball. What do you think the boxes or cases are for?

I don't think it's a coincidence that most players with JB wear team Jordan's or even older retros PE's instead
First off, i'm pretty sure it's been covered that JB players can't wear the sig shoes as they please. They are given team shoes topush them more.

The boxes etc are a premium that comes with the Jordan shoe. It's certainly part of the price but the tools implemented in the signature shoe are alwaystop-notch. The XX and XX2 are some of my favorite Jordans to play ball in. The XX1 was stiff to me but still a overall good shoe. I've never played in XX3so I can't judge them personally. The Jordan signature line is still one of the top notch shoes on the market. Saying there are $80 shoes better than theseis just obsurd. Jordan's for style since the XI? Be real. The XII was a PURE performance shoe in its day with the implementation of zoom air. The XIV stillto this day stands as one of the best performing shoes ever made.

Personally, I prefer the ZK series to play ball in these days because I enjoy what they're bringing to the table every year. I still do feel like thesignature line is making strides in the performance area. The 2010 is sounding VERY promising. Until I see otherwise from my own eyes, i'm sticking to myguns on the signature line being the best out.

QFT.

Jordan's since the XIX haven't even been comfortable. Maybe I would include the XXI's, but from no ankle support to rubbing of your pinky toe, I'm not sure how you can make that claim. You can get much better kicks for basketball for $80 from Nike. Most Jordan's now they throw on a gimmick to attract attention. I recently tried out my 2009's, same thing, cute gimmick that went over poorly that doesn't help them for basketball.

The XX3s and 2009s are comfortable to me.

QFT.

First off, i'm pretty sure it's been covered that JB players can't wear the sig shoes as they please. They are given team shoes to push them more.

The boxes etc are a premium that comes with the Jordan shoe. It's certainly part of the price but the tools implemented in the signature shoe are always top-notch. The XX and XX2 are some of my favorite Jordans to play ball in. The XX1 was stiff to me but still a overall good shoe. I've never played in XX3 so I can't judge them personally. The Jordan signature line is still one of the top notch shoes on the market. Saying there are $80 shoes better than these is just obsurd. Jordan's for style since the XI? Be real. The XII was a PURE performance shoe in its day with the implementation of zoom air. The XIV still to this day stands as one of the best performing shoes ever made.

Personally, I prefer the ZK series to play ball in these days because I enjoy what they're bringing to the table every year. I still do feel like the signature line is making strides in the performance area. The 2010 is sounding VERY promising. Until I see otherwise from my own eyes, i'm sticking to my guns on the signature line being the best out.

Compare the performance of Kobe and Lebron's line to Jordan's for performance, it doesn't even come close. You can honestly say the 2K9 was betterthan the Kobe IV or Lebron VI for basketball? And the XII's were not a performance shoe, despite Zoom Air. I have the playoff OG. Anyone who has the OGwill tell you how uncomfortable they are. Notice I said OG, and not retro. The XII's are probably one the most uncomfortable pair of kicks I've owned,and unlike many up here I didn't start getting in to kicks yesterday. Jordan's are for style, because I'd say that about 90% of the ones soldwon't ever even touch a basketball court. Can that be said about the hyperdunk or hyperize? How many people are going to mess up their $180 sneakersplaying basketball?

Like I said.. I'm all over these.. I dont mind that window in the middle. Some of you dudes complain about everything. If it was comfort you werecomplaining about, I could understand.. These are dope.
pimp.gif

I hate to say it.... but i'm almost on the verge of changing my mind on this shoe.

The window at the side is still one of the weakest gimmicks JB has ever thrown at us... but that, the translucent outsole with the visible zoom, and the patent(as played out as it is)
somehow seem to work, creating a shoe that (to my eyes) doens't look so bad.

Still wouldn't pay anything near retail for it though.

Jordan's since the XIX haven't even been comfortable. Maybe I would include the XXI's, but from no ankle support to rubbing of your pinky toe,I'm not sure how you can make that claim. You can get much better kicks for basketball for $80 from Nike. Most Jordan's now they throw on a gimmickto attract attention. I recently tried out my 2009's, same thing, cute gimmick that went over poorly that doesn't help them for basketball.

To some extent i would agree with this. It's a long time since Jordan's have offered a performance level that matches their price... if ever.

First off, i'm pretty sure it's been covered that JB players can't wear the sig shoes as they please. They are given team shoes to push them more.

The boxes etc are a premium that comes with the Jordan shoe. It's certainly part of the price but the tools implemented in the signature shoe are always top-notch. The XX and XX2 are some of my favorite Jordans to play ball in. The XX1 was stiff to me but still a overall good shoe. I've never played in XX3 so I can't judge them personally. The Jordan signature line is still one of the top notch shoes on the market. Saying there are $80 shoes better than these is just obsurd. Jordan's for style since the XI? Be real. The XII was a PURE performance shoe in its day with the implementation of zoom air. The XIV still to this day stands as one of the best performing shoes ever made.

Personally, I prefer the ZK series to play ball in these days because I enjoy what they're bringing to the table every year. I still do feel like the signature line is making strides in the performance area. The 2010 is sounding VERY promising. Until I see otherwise from my own eyes, i'm sticking to my guns on the signature line being the best out.

Compare the performance of Kobe and Lebron's line to Jordan's for performance, it doesn't even come close. You can honestly say the 2K9 was better than the Kobe IV or Lebron VI for basketball? And the XII's were not a performance shoe, despite Zoom Air. I have the playoff OG. Anyone who has the OG will tell you how uncomfortable they are. Notice I said OG, and not retro. The XII's are probably one the most uncomfortable pair of kicks I've owned, and unlike many up here I didn't start getting in to kicks yesterday. Jordan's are for style, because I'd say that about 90% of the ones sold won't ever even touch a basketball court. Can that be said about the hyperdunk or hyperize? How many people are going to mess up their $180 sneakers playing basketball?
Did you even read my post? I said I prefer the ZK line these days for basketball over these. That doesn't change my mind on the fact thatthese are still performance shoes. I don't like LeBron's at ALL. WAY too stiff and heavy. Ever since the II they've been trash.

You seriously just said the XII weren't a performance shoe? Maybe not by today's standards, but when they came out there wasn't much close to themat all. Jordan's have LONG been used for style, yes. That doesn't change the core idea of the shoe being made. The Hyperdunk doesn't have a jumpmanon it. People choose not to wear them for style as much. Jordan is the only shoe that is as casual as it is performance. That's not even a good comparison.
laugh.gif

You're really trying to good too hard and aren't even making sense with your argument. I don't see what you're trying to get at?

Compare the performance of Kobe and Lebron's line to Jordan's for performance, it doesn't even come close. You can honestly say the 2K9 was better than the Kobe IV or Lebron VI for basketball? And the XII's were not a performance shoe, despite Zoom Air. I have the playoff OG. Anyone who has the OG will tell you how uncomfortable they are. Notice I said OG, and not retro. The XII's are probably one the most uncomfortable pair of kicks I've owned, and unlike many up here I didn't start getting in to kicks yesterday. Jordan's are for style, because I'd say that about 90% of the ones sold won't ever even touch a basketball court. Can that be said about the hyperdunk or hyperize? How many people are going to mess up their $180 sneakers playing basketball?
Did you even read my post? I said I prefer the ZK line these days for basketball over these. That doesn't change my mind on the fact that these are still performance shoes. I don't like LeBron's at ALL. WAY too stiff and heavy. Ever since the II they've been trash.

You seriously just said the XII weren't a performance shoe? Maybe not by today's standards, but when they came out there wasn't much close to them at all. Jordan's have LONG been used for style, yes. That doesn't change the core idea of the shoe being made. The Hyperdunk doesn't have a jumpman on it. People choose not to wear them for style as much. Jordan is the only shoe that is as casual as it is performance. That's not even a good comparison.
laugh.gif

You're really trying to good too hard and aren't even making sense with your argument. I don't see what you're trying to get at?

I'm making perfect sense, you just don't seem to get it. Did you read the post above yours? Again, do you have OG XII's? Because if not you'retrying to argue about the performance of a pair of kicks you don't even have. Zoom Air and all, the XII were some of the most uncomfortable pair of kicksout of the 100 plus I have, and the many I've owned over the years. Jordan's cost more than Lebron's and Kobe's and they don't performbetter. Kevin Durant's are also better for basketball. You would be one of the few who would say over the past six years Jordan's have been better thanLebron's line on the court and for comfort. How exactly does a window increase performance? Patent leather isn't made for style? People constantly makethat excuse about Jordans, because of the crap they release now. They are performance, blah blah. Well how come you can get $80 Nike's that perform better?Jordans stopped being about performance years ago. These might be a little better, but you have everyone from Juwaun Howard and Quentin Richardson to Ray Allenand Michael Finley who don't even wear the latest Jordans. They wear team jordans and and retros. And you think that's not saying something? Yeah, youcan play basketball in them, heck, I can play basketball in some air max 95's, doesn't mean they're top of the line performance kicks. And for $175and $190 you don't think you should have the latest technology and not the latest gimmick?

Word of Warning. There are pretty exact looking fakes going around of this shoe. I mean they Look dead on, even the tag. Buyer Beware. Unless it's fromMarqueeSole, or whatnot, be careful. RealTalk. Hopefully this helps people out.

Crazy EBW wrote:
Did you even read my post? I said I prefer the ZK line these days for basketball over these. That doesn't change my mind on the fact that these are still performance shoes. I don't like LeBron's at ALL. WAY too stiff and heavy. Ever since the II they've been trash.

You seriously just said the XII weren't a performance shoe? Maybe not by today's standards, but when they came out there wasn't much close to them at all. Jordan's have LONG been used for style, yes. That doesn't change the core idea of the shoe being made. The Hyperdunk doesn't have a jumpman on it. People choose not to wear them for style as much. Jordan is the only shoe that is as casual as it is performance. That's not even a good comparison.
laugh.gif

I'm making perfect sense, you just don't seem to get it. Did you read the post above yours? Again, do you have OG XII's? Because if not you're trying to argue about the performance of a pair of kicks you don't even have. Zoom Air and all, the XII were some of the most uncomfortable pair of kicks out of the 100 plus I have, and the many I've owned over the years. Jordan's cost more than Lebron's and Kobe's and they don't perform better. Kevin Durant's are also better for basketball. You would be one of the few who would say over the past six years Jordan's have been better than Lebron's line on the court and for comfort. How exactly does a window increase performance? Patent leather isn't made for style? People constantly make that excuse about Jordans, because of the crap they release now. They are performance, blah blah. Well how come you can get $80 Nike's that perform better? Jordans stopped being about performance years ago. These might be a little better, but you have everyone from Juwaun Howard and Quentin Richardson to Ray Allen and Michael Finley who don't even wear the latest Jordans. They wear team jordans and and retros. And you think that's not saying something? Yeah, you can play basketball in them, heck, I can play basketball in some air max 95's, doesn't mean they're top of the line performance kicks. And for $175 and $190 you don't think you should have the latest technology and not the latest gimmick?
Yeah, I have had "OG XII"'s and thought they were okay. By TODAY's standards, I don't like them. I'm not talking aboutNOW. I'm talking about when they originally released, they were changing the game as far as performance is concerned. There weren't many shoes whenthey dropped that could stack up for them pound for pound. Seriously, stop reverting back to them. Why are you even talking about them? Now they are morestylish, just like ANY retro shoe. It's brought back for style, not for pure performance.

As I stated earlier, JB players aren't allowed to wear the signature line during games whenever they please. They are encouraged to wear the TeamJordan's because it's how they promote the shoes. The signature Jordan promotes itself. It's always only been worn by the players at All Starweekend for a WHILE now. You think that is just coincidence? No. Do the players like the Team Jordan's more than the Signature Jordan? Maybe. Maybe not.That doesn't have anything to do with the fact of them wearing them during NBA games.

Next. Yes, I do think in the past 7 years that overall the signature Jordan line has been better than the LeBron line. I'm definitely not in the minoritywith that. The Bron III was a very clunky, bulky shoe that a lot of people didn't like. Obviously the IV was one of the heaviest basketball shoes that hasever been put on the mass market for basketball. The V did improve a little but didn't do anything revolutionary as far as the line is concerned. Yousaying you like "x" shoes better than "x" shoe is just an opinion. I'm not basing what i'm saying to you on opinions, i'm justbringing facts. You're trying to argue things that do not make sense, that's all. You may think that the Kevin Durant is better, but that's justyour opinion versus mine, so we could argue about that all day.

The window is supposed to allow more breathability and hug the midfoot better. Do I know yet if it's going to be super functional? No, but I sure as hellthink it's something new and innovative and not just a "gimmick". If you're saying the signature line isn't a gimmick, are you reallygoing to try to argue that LeBron isn't using rehashed gimmicks of older Nike's. Flywire, 360 Bubble, Shrouds, Foamposite, etc.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, because obviously you aren't understanding anything that i'm saying or getting at sir.
smile.gif

I would disagree with you on your post..

The Jordans that have been released in the past 3-4 years have been very comfortable for basketball purposes..the technology has improved dramatically in thelatest models..the XX2's were my favorite for basketball because they were durable and offered me the ankle support that i needed to perform on thecourt..the Zoom Air pod worked the best for me because you could actually feel the cushioning system and it was great..

Back
Top Bottom