Air Jordan 3 "Fire Red" - White/Fire Red/Cement Grey - August 3rd (08-03-2013)

What elephant print do you want on the FR III's

• Dark elephant print (07's)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Light Elephant Print (OGs)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • WC Elephant Print (Katrina)

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
Seems like you answered your own question.
laugh.gif

saw a perfectly beat 2013 pair in the hood this weekend, idk y but i love a good worn look on jordans...
well certain jordans

Yeah I understand that but we don't know how many we're made so no one can really say whether people slept or not. A lot of people are bad mouthing the quality on these (which is great) just because they are still sitting. Some people are just never satisfied :smh:

But the main reason people are sayin people slept is because a lot of people did actually. This colorway has historically been the least popular out of the 3s and a lot of people don't like them. Before they were released (and before we knew how available they would be), there were a lot of people in this thread were talking down on them saying how ugly they are and how they are the weakest 3s (someone compared them to crimsons :smh: ). This specific colorway of the 3s reminds me of all the 8s (excluding aquas) based on popularity. Bunnies and playoffs sat because not that many people, especially this newer generation of "sneakerheads", like 8s. Hell, they are still sitting in some areas. Playoff 11s were MASS produced and they did not sit whatsoever, even after the countless restocks. Any 11 will sell out because that's the favorite for alot of people. I'm sure if these were as popular, they wouldn't be sitting. Even if they were as numerous as the playoff 11s. It all depends on popularity.

I'm glad these were an easy cop tho

We don't have to know exactly how many pairs were made to know that they released way more pairs than usual. I've said it before, all you have to do is look at how many retailers got the release. So many tiny, usually good for nothing Footlockers, Champs, etc. got the fire red 3's. I saw a Footlocker that doesn't usually get ANY retros get them. That is how you know that many, MANY pairs were released.

This is the sneaker culture that Nike/Jordan Brand have created in recent years. They created an atmosphere of craziness. They made it so hard to get so many releases for so long that now new "sneakerheads" believe that if a shoe doesn't sell out immediately, it must not be a popular release. They're not used to just being able to walk into a store a couple days after the release date and cop and it seems to freak them out, as though they're worried the shoe won't be as popular as they thought and no one will "break necks" looking at what's on their feet. When really, all it means is, they released more pairs so everyone who really wanted them could get them. The way it should be.

Last edited:
Not sure why there is an argument about the shoes being slept on. Initial reports was that something like 200k sold in the first week.

Can't sleep on a shoe that's pushing those numbers.

Slept on is turning into one of those hypebeast terms like, " for my boys"... If its not selling out on day one now its slept on... No one told people to buy, ungodly amounts of these to resell now u setting there, mad cause u waste your money

These cats think that if the masses don't camp and the resell is under $220 then the shoe is slept on... :nerd:
Create your labels, write your definitions. I don't care, I'm just gonna wear my shoes.

if everybody and their mom doesn't "like" them, then the shoe sucks and the materials is wack according to all the little hypebeasts that feed off each other. they just trying to come up with bogus reasons on why they shouldn't cop cause "everyone else" isn't. Kids used to be told to be themselves and not try to be like everybody else... now days we got pics of at least 1 group of 5 people with the same exact outfit on head to toe, or about 20 kanye look alikes for nearly every hyped release lol
mean.gif

My local hibbets has a size 12 sitting on the shelf.. Pretty surprised... I got my pair in this morning from D.S.G I am happy with them...

if everybody and their mom doesn't "like" them, then the shoe sucks and the materials is wack according to all the little hypebeasts that feed off each other. they just trying to come up with bogus reasons on why they shouldn't cop cause "everyone else" isn't. Kids used to be told to be themselves and not try to be like everybody else... now days we got pics of at least 1 group of 5 people with the same exact outfit on head to toe, or about 20 kanye look alikes for nearly every hyped release lol
mean.gif
But isn't that the fault of a breakdown of the family unit, thus being exploited by corporate america? i mean, people are all inherantly different, but society deems it so for like minded people to purchase and wear like minded gear, what do you have? those goofs on the internet with grape themed everything to go with their grapes standing by hundreds of pairs of, wait, you guessed it, grapes...You are not wrong by any means, but let's make sure we know where this is coming from, and then maybe we can change the outcome. Food for thought.

mean.gif

These cats think that if the masses don't camp and the resell is under $220 then the shoe is slept on... :nerd:
Create your labels, write your definitions. I don't care, I'm just gonna wear my shoes.
Exactly to both of y'all posts.

We don't have to know exactly how many pairs were made to know that they released way more pairs than usual. I've said it before, all you have to do is look at how many retailers got the release. So many tiny, usually good for nothing Footlockers, Champs, etc. got the fire red 3's. I saw a Footlocker that doesn't usually get ANY retros get them. That is how you know that many, MANY pairs were released.

This is the sneaker culture that Nike/Jordan Brand have created in recent years. They created an atmosphere of craziness. They made it so hard to get so many releases for so long that now new "sneakerheads" believe that if a shoe doesn't sell out immediately, it must not be a popular release. They're not used to just being able to walk into a store a couple days after the release date and cop and it seems to freak them out, as though they're worried the shoe won't be as popular as they thought and no one will "break necks" looking at what's on their feet. When really, all it means is, they released more pairs so everyone who really wanted them could get them. The way it should be.
That's not always a good way to tell because weren't the "toro" 4s from last month widely available at stores that usually don't even get retros? A lot of those were made and they were available damn near everywhere but they still sold out. And a lot of those stores only got one FSR or less.

But I agree with the other paragraph. I personally just wear whatever shoes I like. I wore these yesterday actually and I was still turning heads. Random people were asking me what they were called and where did I got them at. Even seen some (excuse me if I sound racist or affend anyone) regular Portland type white dudes in chipotle eyeballing them when I was getting a burrito :lol:

I think most people over 20 and a FEW of the more mature ones under that age just buy what they like, not giving two dambs about whether they sold out or if it was a limited QS type release. It's mostly the younger generation that only wants exclusive limited kicks because they feel better about themselves if they are rocking something that was extra hard to obtain for most people, not caring how the shoe looks. They feel it makes them cool. Oh if kanye wore them... Don't even get me started :smh: lol

Last edited:
... They feel it makes them cool. Oh if kanye wore them... Don't even get me started
mean.gif
lol
Basically 32 I can careless what attention whoring star wore a pair of shoes I like.  They wear them ok if they don't ok.  I like what I like and that is it, until they start giving me money on the shoes I buy I will remain the same.  Majority of the time the stars don't even wear the shoes right and almost ruin it for you.

if that's from release day, I would call and complain.
For real, that's just plain ridiculous! As soon as you get your order i would get my happy self on the phone and let loose on some unsuspecting phone operator, get some free shipping on next order, a gift card or something!

How many pairs were purchased? Nobody can say for sure, but a few hundred thousand pairs were made, right? So conservatively, a couple hundred thousand pairs were purchased?

Thats how the statement is ridiculous. Nobody slept on these. Be real. Just way more pairs available, so it feels like people slept. How come people dont understand this?

Thats what will happen now. Nike finally gives us more pairs and everyone will say "why was it such an easy cop," or "I can't believe these are sitting."

I see why JB makes shoes limited. Most of us want to be able to walk into a store 3 days after release and cop. But then consumers will think less of the brand if its too easy of a cop. NIke/JB isnt catering to those who have been copping for years and for those who could care less if a shoe is popular or not.
this was an easy cop because "fire red" colorways don't fly off the shelves like that.   This isn't a hyped up shoe of course, so they sat and pairs were widely available.  we know that.    just because they didn't sell out in seconds, i didn't mean that's why they were "slept on".    slept on meaning the fire red colorway doesn't get much love.    but hey,   buy what you like as the saying goes.  I personally think this color is clean.   A lot may hate the color or the Jordan 3 in general.   in my own opinion that's sleeping on a shoe i think is dope

Back
Top Bottom