Air Jordan 3 "Fire Red" - White/Fire Red/Cement Grey - August 3rd (08-03-2013)

What elephant print do you want on the FR III's

• Dark elephant print (07's)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Light Elephant Print (OGs)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • WC Elephant Print (Katrina)

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
I may pass on this one. I think they look nice but I have 2 pairs of white cements to burn through at the moment. They are just pretty similar and don't think it's necessary to buy a pair. Definitely after some fire red V's though, those are one of my all time favorites.

I like them will cop but wont wear mine, until i find out if the fix the cracking on the midsole (even if that means siting them on ice a few months). If they dont fix it ill just sell it or give it to my brother for his birthday or something since he loves 3's.

^^^^ I've tried those in my Bred 4's, still got some chipping, but it definitely reduces it a tiny bit.

I had to repaint my BC3's from 2011, but because i wore them, the midsole got use to what kind of impact it was taking, and since re painting them, they haven't chipped.

Last edited:
Bit of a tangent, but this is the only III thread going, so am posting in here. Was going through my shelves today and pulled out the Stealth IIIs. Couldn't figure out why I they drove me nuts, then realized that it was the white laces, since there's so little white on the shoe. Dropped in the extra red laces from the Dave White Is. Think they might warrant a second look.

Thoughts?

View media item 465285

Bit of a tangent, but this is the only III thread going, so am posting in here. Was going through my shelves today and pulled out the Stealth IIIs. Couldn't figure out why I they drove me nuts, then realized that it was the white laces, since there's so little white on the shoe. Dropped in the extra red laces from the Dave White Is. Think they might warrant a second look.

Thoughts?

View media item 465285

View media item 465314

Those IIIs were an insult to fan of the IIIs everywhere. I feel offended and I am not a big III fan. Even on sale I wouldnt pick em up as beaters.

laugh.gif

does anybody know if these will be in store release or just online? I missed out on the retro 88s in may so i need these!

Another view of an apparent 2013...
this is a photo of the 07 pair.  you can tell by the method they are factory-laced.  the crossing lace overlaps from medial to lateral.  look down a couple posts from OP and you'll see, along w/all other recent retros, the lacing overlaps lateral to medial.  source: i still have a factory-laced pair.

also, compare the "fullness" of the lower tongue/toe area on the 07s.  the flaps that contain the eyelets sit more snug against the tongue on the 07 pair.

Last edited:
this is a photo of the 07 pair.  you can tell by the method they are factory-laced.  the crossing lace overlaps from medial to lateral.  look down a couple posts from OP and you'll see, along w/all other recent retros, the lacing overlaps lateral to medial.  source: i still have a factory-laced pair.

also, compare the "fullness" of the lower tongue/toe area on the 07s.  the flaps that contain the eyelets sit more snug against the tongue on the 07 pair.
i believe you .. i didnt have a chance at getting these previously

but you missed me with that lateral medial talk lol

Those IIIs were an insult to fan of the IIIs everywhere. I feel offended and I am not a big III fan. Even on sale I wouldnt pick em up as beaters.
I feel you. Im not one of those guys that only likes OG colorways but as far as the 3s go all the newer colorways are absolutely awful. The flips, jokers, dtrt, stealth all underwhelming. With that said just because I dont like em doesnt mean they arent the next mans favorite kicks.

i really REALLY hate the dark print on these. might skip if the print in person looks jet black

^^ People could have done Katrina customs when the 2011 White Cements came out.

Same light elephant print, color blocking on the upper and inner tongue.

These will be a welcomed edition to the III family after letting the 07 go due to paint chipping.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom