Air Jordan 38

What are you talking about? I wear the lows to play in. I always get 1 pair of the flagship to keep in the vault. Is a decent box with some thought put into it too hard to ask for?
Well same applies to the mids. Is a decent and reliable shoe too much to ask? I believe that carries more weight compared to the box. Having said that, having a nice box is nice but I wouldn't trade a good shoe for a beautiful box.

Well same applies to the mids. Is a decent and reliable shoe too much to ask? I believe that carries more weight compared to the box. Having said that, having a nice box is nice but I wouldn't trade a good shoe for a beautiful box.

You’re doing too much now. I just would like a good box for my kicks like just about every pair ever released has had.

Beauty shots -
493674FD-1D46-4FDA-AB11-C1A4F3498A70.jpeg
E2D999F7-76F3-4EE7-ADCA-F6D6E62DC925.jpeg
F3BAF8F7-E1C9-4FCC-93B1-4BFB0788D037.jpeg
7F5025D8-9488-450C-B66C-69E61351B09B.jpeg
F449DBA9-CAF7-48A2-AA7D-D3B810C81273.jpeg
462B989E-9363-4627-B0F6-49FBA713EA07.jpeg

They need drop the price with that generic box. Lol. JB gonna send us the 42s in biodegradable bags and charge us $245.
They could make a box out of bone. A nice rib cage could hold a pair of shoes or maybe fashion some kind of box out of a pelvis. That stuffs just sitting around in them graveyards doing nothing.

Have you always gone half size up on the Jordan signature line? That's my case because they always cut those things so narrow.
If they fit like XXXVI, I might have to go a full size up.
For the record, I fit size 10/10.5 in Jordan I and XII, size 10.5 in III to VIs, size 11 in Jordan VII and XIII and XIV and size 11.5 (XI and XIII have gotten small to me the past few years)

If they fit like XXXVI, I might have to go a full size up.
For the record, I fit size 10/10.5 in Jordan I and XII, size 10.5 in III to VIs, size 11 in Jordan VII and XIII and XIV and size 11.5 (XI and XIII have gotten small to me the past few years)
You need to book a consultation with the good Foot Doctor Zach my guy. Something wrong with your feet.

Think the 38 will go over retail two years from now like the 28,32,34 did?
hmmm...interesting question.

Short answer: only time will tell. My guess is yes because of the lack of success of the 37 so far, but we don't know yet what the 39 will have to offer. I think you have to look at what comes before and after.

Long answer: here's my analysis of the situation: it's a bit complicated at times, so I'll try my best to illustrate it because there has been many crossovers in the last 10 years or so each time people have been really turned off by a model, the general public reaction in the years that followed has been somewhat mitigated before things took off.

Following the 2009(24) which were a general failure , the 2010(25) were more or less of a success because of their looks...even though people later discovered they were very good on court, then then 2011(26)and 2012(27) looked cheap, were a bust and you could find them for next to nothing for 5-6 years after. Following the poor public response, JB went all in with performance and the tech, but they produced low numbers of the xx8 because they had to build back up their customer base as far as the latest model was concerned and earn players trust and respect again...indeed the XX8 were slow to take off at first except for the initial colorway before they became almost nowhere to be found for a few years, even the 29 were slept on at first until word got around that the XX8 and XX9 the were absolute beasts on court and then everybody wanted them.

Then the XXX paid the price in part because of that and were slept on by many there were plenty of XX9 floating around for a good while and even the xxx1 were still impacted by that at first for almost 2 years...then word got around again gradually, so the xxx1's success started to show at about half cycle and picked up well after, .into the XXX2

XXX2 and XXX3 benefited from the XXX9 and XXX1's rep in a way but initial sales were hampered at the same time for different reasons, one of them being that many xxx9 and xxx1 were still easily available at ridiculous prices because of the domino effect that had started with the 2009(24), 2010(25), 2011(26) and 2012(27) which affected sales of the XX8 negatively even though the XX8 were later found to be very worthy...so at first the xxx4 ''payed the price'' a bit because of the XXX2 and XXX3 which had flaws in some respects , but word got around very quickly this time and with reason. that the XXX4 were spot on again. The rest is history!

XXXV benefitted namely from the XXX4 rep at first but were so so for many people and sales were then impacted negatively because some people had issues with the arch,looks and etc, so people rushed on the remaining XXX4.

After all the ups and ''downs'' and all the complicated domino effect, by the XXX4 the Jordan signature line had created enough momentum since the XX8 and the XXXVI were so much of a huge success that the XXXVII suffered because of that AND the fact that they were not very well acclaimed, arguably, meant bad news for the XXXVII and they were considered a big failure. Personally I don't think the shoes per se are as bad as some people make' em out to be...on court they do the job just fine. As for the rest yeah they remind me of the 2011 and 2012 era J's in many respects.

I think the 38 will suffer a bit at first because of the 37 awful public reception and the fact that there will be still enough 36 around at first, but I believe the XXX8 are well on the footsteps of the 34 and 36 as far as future success is concerned.

Last edited:
I’ve been TTS on every pair of Jordan’s….ever :lol:

Yeah, dudes just have wide feet. They're cut fine. They're basketball kicks and they aren't supposed to be loose.

I've been TTS on most Jordan's new and old. It's just some back in the day that used to be big like 4's and 8's that they seem to have corrected.

I don't think I had to change sizes on anything higher than a 13.

TTS, somewhat narrow so I can see why if your picky you might want to go a half size up but I'm a 13 and didn't feel like they'd be an issue (I'm a wide footer). If you tried on the 37 low, the toe box feels similar in narrowness IMO.

Back
Top Bottom