Air Jordan 38

1E4F788C-0DF5-4BE4-ADCA-7EFC227F2651.jpeg

Is that Chinese or Vietnamese?

Chinese

I'm a huge shoe head. I've been thinking since I saw these that those side pieces looked odd, unless they were some sort of new tech. So, they're doing a more 360 degree approach to zoom--a new sort of "unlocked" where it is now being used to lock in and stabilize the foot in the shoe. You can tell by zooming in (pun intended) that those are long zoom bags, as you can see the seam on the borders. So it's kind of like what they've done with recent Lebrons with air transfer, or what Adidas DMX originally did, just in a more dynamic way.
Screen Shot 2023-05-03 at 5.21.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-05-03 at 5.22.02 PM.png
. They're taking the original idea of the cross strap and flipping it on its head, where now the cross meets on the bottom of the shoe.

I don’t think those are zoom units. They look like a reconfigured isoplate like they used in the Luka 1 for lateral stability

Money shot

012A6559-F710-422C-9DB1-2C38274CE6EB.jpeg

Ummm, yeahhhhhh. I truly don't even know what to say about the people on NT and on IG etc. that keep calling these "terrible," "horrible, "hideous," etc. These are effing legit. Certainly will need to see in person but these are gonna look great when I rock them with sweats LOL. I'm starting to think these are the best Jordan, looks-wise, since the 23. Till now it's been the 34s for me, but these are starting to look like they're on another level. Leather toe again, as well? Freaking finally.

If that's Zoom on the sides and it's working as speculated (I have no idea if it is that or something else as B Boardman thinks), man--that would be a big, fun something else, even if it's a BS gimmick :lol:

These are looking pretty certain to be a Day 1 buy for me, just for fun if nothing else.

These are terrible for casual. 🤢🤮🗑
They look like they will perform well on court tho.

I will say, they look worse in those pics than in the newer pics. But regardless, I just like the proportions and weird midsole (whatever is going on there) and the colorblocking/composition on this white/black pair. Curious to know what those various patterned side materials feel like, as well.

Joints LOOK like a Jordan and that's what I like the most about the new flagship pairs when they get it right. But they def look like a 21 and 22 mix :lol:

That's the same thing I'm getting from them from what I see. Back in the days of the classic OGs, they were a bit over the top and wild. Take the VIs, for example. With everything that's come and gone since then, you see them now and they don't seem particularly fancy or anything. But I remember when they dropped in '91, those things WERE polarizing and flashy. I got the black/reds a few days after release and I assure you there were people in my school seriously questioning those shoes (and not necessarily in a good way) when I turned up rocking them the next day :lol:

just saw pix of these.

These are dope man. Lol

These are like a return to what a “jordan shoe” is supposed to be. Every couple of years they drift away from that but they always manage to bring it back after a couple of misses.

If you can see the gawd doin a turn around fade in em, theyre a real jordan. Lol

Also, i like the fact theyre an original design. Move the brand forward by cookin up NEW 🔥. Enough diggin up the past.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom