Air Jordan 38

Screenshot_20230523_211902_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230523_211944_Chrome.jpg

NO. This isn’t about what’s subjective. If you like the 37 more than the 38, good for you. It’s about the adjectives you used. Specifically “plain” , “safe” and “unease( controversial)”. You CLEARLY cannot grasp the ideas that come with the words YOU used. LOOK at that x plate that goes from the outsole to the midsole? HOW is that plain and safe? We’ve never seen that in a Jordan before. LOOK at the midsole of the 37. It’s a regular midsole. Speak specifically to the outsole /midsole of the 38. It cannot possibly be plain and safe compared to the 37.

I’ll go so far as to say beauty is objective NOT subjective. Great design is great design for a reason: it has an objective beauty that cannot be argued. Symmetry is objective.

Nice quoting me. I can think a shoe is nice upon the first couple of looks and then 9 MONTHS LATER, while analyzing the look and different color ways, realize that the design was not at a very high level for a jordan sig. And, the 37 is still better looking than a lot of other shoes out there, just not compared to the other sig
Your argument appears to be mostly about the subjective interpretation of shoe design. When you say that beauty is “objective” and not “subjective,” you may be misunderstanding the terms.

“Objective” refers to facts or realities that exist independently of individual feelings, interpretations, or prejudice. Objective reality doesn’t change based on what someone thinks or feels about it. In contrast, “subjective” refers to personal perspectives, feelings, or opinions.

If beauty were truly objective, that would mean there are universal standards for beauty that are accepted by everyone, regardless of personal feelings or cultural context. However, this is not generally how beauty is understood. What is considered “beautiful” varies significantly across different cultures, time periods, and individuals, indicating that beauty is, in many respects, subjective.

When you argue about the design of the Jordan 37 vs 38, you’re expressing a personal opinion or subjective perspective. Even though you believe that your view is correct and others should agree, it remains a subjective opinion because someone else might evaluate the same design features differently.

The confusion seems to come from the idea that design principles like symmetry are objectively appealing, but even these principles are not universally accepted as standards of beauty. They are trends we often see in what people find appealing, but they don’t dictate what everyone must find beautiful. Different people may have different perspectives, making it a subjective matter.

I'm not debating between the 37 and 38. I appreciate both pairs. My personal preference leans toward the 37, but I also find the 38 appealing, albeit in my opinion it is safe. I'm entitled to this viewpoint. Lol. I’m moving on.

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

Mark Twain

You win!

Your argument appears to be mostly about the subjective interpretation of shoe design. When you say that beauty is “objective” and not “subjective,” you may be misunderstanding the terms.

“Objective” refers to facts or realities that exist independently of individual feelings, interpretations, or prejudice. Objective reality doesn’t change based on what someone thinks or feels about it. In contrast, “subjective” refers to personal perspectives, feelings, or opinions.

If beauty were truly objective, that would mean there are universal standards for beauty that are accepted by everyone, regardless of personal feelings or cultural context. However, this is not generally how beauty is understood. What is considered “beautiful” varies significantly across different cultures, time periods, and individuals, indicating that beauty is, in many respects, subjective.

When you argue about the design of the Jordan 37 vs 38, you’re expressing a personal opinion or subjective perspective. Even though you believe that your view is correct and others should agree, it remains a subjective opinion because someone else might evaluate the same design features differently.

The confusion seems to come from the idea that design principles like symmetry are objectively appealing, but even these principles are not universally accepted as standards of beauty. They are trends we often see in what people find appealing, but they don’t dictate what everyone must find beautiful. Different people may have different perspectives, making it a subjective matter.

I'm not debating between the 37 and 38. I appreciate both pairs. My personal preference leans toward the 37, but I also find the 38 appealing, albeit in my opinion it is safe. I'm entitled to this viewpoint. Lol. I’m moving on.

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

Mark Twain

You win!
I won before you responded. And everyone in this thread wins when you stop talking basura. You still cant even comment about the 38 outsole/midsole vs the 37 midsole. It’s not arguing. You aren’t able to substantiate with any response, using artistic/design language, or intellectual language how the 38 is a ”safe” and “plain” design vs the “edgy” design of the 37. Wanna know why? Because factually its not.

And yes, symmetry is objective. There have been multiple studies on facial symmetry in human beings and it was found that people with more symmetrical facial features were considered more attractive. Also, animals in the wild with more symmetrical patterns/stripes, etc. breed more often because a more symmetrical pattern is seen as having greater fitness, therefore a better mate. Stop acting like your opinion is fact. It is not Mark Twain boy…

Last edited:
The 37 was edgy? That’s what we call garbage nowadays?

The 37 lows are significantly better than the highs and that’s not saying much lol.

Back
Top Bottom