Air Jordan 38

Just ordered my pair. After waiting months for these things to drop, I got busy in the office right from the jump this morning and completely forgot they dropped. Maybe they’ll reach discount at some point, maybe not. Used 8 pct on Rakuten to lighten the hit. Too bad it’s not still at 15 like it was recently. Oh well. And if NDC ever discounts them, Ill buy another pair and return the full price pair. Really, really looking forward to these.

Anyone play basketball in their pair yet?
Played Monday and Tuesday, total of 10 games of full. They are… good? Traction is awesome even on a dusty court (wiped twice total). Fit feels perfect - tts had about half a thumb width extra length. The cushioning is plush and smooth but not a lot of bounce like the 36 and 37. The Cushlon 3.0 kind of mutes the Zoom feeling. The sole feels flat, and almost feels like my heel is lower than my forefoot (think Freak 3 and 4). I need a little more time in them but I will say - damn they look good.

Played Monday and Tuesday, total of 10 games of full. They are… good? Traction is awesome even on a dusty court (wiped twice total). Fit feels perfect - tts had about half a thumb width extra length. The cushioning is plush and smooth but not a lot of bounce like the 36 and 37. The Cushlon 3.0 kind of mutes the Zoom feeling. The sole feels flat, and almost feels like my heel is lower than my forefoot (think Freak 3 and 4). I need a little more time in them but I will say - damn they look good.
I second everything mentioned by duke here. in addition, they feel lower and much stable to the ground. transition seems smooth. back part do feel lower and denser (maybe because I'm suffering from Plantar Fasciitis as of the moment) and might need some further break-in time. cushion does feel muted but plush. the red rubber could be the Cushlon 3.0 and it is extremely soft to the touch which somehow reminded me of Lunarlon. biggest positive about the shoe : AESTHETICS !

Now that’s what I wanted to hear, thank you for the breakdown and detailed review!

IMG_2548.jpeg
Meh i dont ball anymore, Id rather cop a good pair of Double Nickles over these

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills cause I think these look kinda atrocious.
I don't know if its the fundamental colorway but man, these def. don't hit for me.
Just something about the design language doesn't mesh with me. I also don't like that big radial jordan logo at tongue.

Back
Top Bottom