Air Jordan 38

Hoping that gross looking green colorway hits a steep discount. I'll just buy them for the collection just to have the numbered jordan. :lol:

I hear ya and I share you guys' frustrations on this particular issue as stated in one of my previous posts here. In my eyes, such a basic flaw it is unacceptable. I haven't had the chance to try mine yet and it won't be for a while. And with what I've seen so far, why do I have the strange feeling that when I finally play in mine, the same thing will most likely happen!?!...lets just say it doesn't inspire me confidence right now will new cases that pop up on a daily basis. I might be as disappointed since it is a shoe I was really wanting to like, like so many of us here.

It think it's pretty unlikely people can/will do such a thing as a class action though. On what ground? defective product? While I fully agree it's really really REALLY REALLY disappointing, it doesn't really make sense and it wouldn't hold for the simple Nike does accept returns no questions asked within what, 2 months and even after for 2 years if it has a manufacturing defect, they will replace with an equivalent product.

It's not like it's a car that you ''cannot'' return and remain stuck with because automotive manufacturers 99.9% of the time don't accept returns or exchanges if you end up with a lemon. You miss work, maybe lose your job, lose money because of all the trips to the dealership, get stuck on the highway putting your life at risk, pay for tow trucks repeatedly, hire a lawyer, can't pick up your young kids after school, and be stuck driving for 3 months a lease car that's a third of the price of the car you paid for and etc. That's legal action material and the consequences don't fall in the same category as a shoe in my opinion.

What are the lawyers gonna claim? that it ruined some dude Friday night fun at your 40+ rec game at the local community center or your son had to change shoes during his AAU game? Did anybody get injured because of it? so mostly unlikely to happen I think.

If the product is inadequate for whatever reason, you return it. Nike even pays for shipping, so no big loss to claim on the customer's end.

I know it sucks big time, but you can always try to exchange your shoes too while supplies last. Maybe you'll get more lucky?Now if that second pair does the same get a refund and wait until they correct the issue or just boycott the product until they change to 39...much like people did with the 37, but for different reasons.

By now I'm sure Nike is well aware of the issue and I sure hope someones flew to the factory to investigate, inspect the production line or make a chemicals analysis of the pairs returned. Is it the factory's fault? defective machinery? production issue? bad glue batch? glue suppliers' fault? mix up? or did the factory owners try to cut corners and try to make more profit by substituting for a cheaper type of glue? diluting the mix...could be lots of things but it could also be a flawed design or bad glue selection.

I'm sure Nike got the message loud and clear with the 37 and they were probably not expecting any of it again with the 38, cause 2 strikes in a row is costly as hell and it's going to turn of people in years to come maybe if they keep lining various failures.

It is bad timing for them, for us. It shouldn't have happened in 1st place I couldn't agree more. It is frustrating, disappointing, plus the retail price as gone higher on top of that, so we should expect a better outcome, I get all that.

They could always pull out the existing products from stores, recall the next colorway before it hits the shelves or issue a fix between factory and the wholesale retailer...it's been done before. They could push back the release dates of some future colorways or simply cancel them...but since we're at the beginning of the shoe's cycle and if it wasn't for that they got a winner, I think they might simply issue a fix for upcoming colorways if it's a simple design or manufacturing flaw. For instance they could simply eliminate the ''V'' cuts on the outsole, or change glue type or cut flush the outsole part that flares out or make it go further up alongside the midsole and glue it from the side too(but less likely to happen since it's gonna require some new molds...)or do nothing and end the 38 early like they did with the 37 and release the 39 early...but honestly I really hope not. I hope they fix the issue so we can all enjoy the 38 first.

All that being said,

ok so what do we know so far?

1-from what we've seen, it seems like the issue affect at least 2 of the colorways out of the 3 sold...but the WNBA ones are in very low numbers yet.

2-seems to affect many shoe sizes from what I can understand.

How many of you here have bought the 38 and have played 10+ hours in them that have not got sole separation so far?

For those who's shoes had the issue, what is your shoe size? maybe we can narrow it down to a certain size sample?

Luckily I didn't get injured and we all know the return policies so there isn't any damage to claim for a class action.

I'm size 12 btw and again -- the fit, comfort and ride is amazing. It's just a shame the sole starts to separate so fast. I'll prob return for another pair but I feel as though this will just continue to happen...

You can get a voucher from Nike even if it wasn’t bought from NDC right?

Yes you can. The voucher is for the product and is under warranty.

Contact Nike, send in the shoes. They'll inspect them and if there's a quality issue with the shoes they'll provide you with a voucher.

I purchased a pair of Lebron's on eBay and they sent me a voucher for them.

If you buy from StockX or some other "non-authorized dealer" you won't.
and SX claims that they are directly in collaboration with Nike and authenticity of the products that go thru their site is verified because of such collaboration. what's the use of such guarantee if Nike doesn't even recognize SX as an authorized dealer. I'm beginning to think that such claim by SX ain't true at all.

I picked up the FIBAs over the weekend. I’m going to keep them since I wasn’t going to hoop in them anyway (I’m pretty much retired since I got tired of coming back from injuries).

Still, knowing that this model has such a major flaw tempers my excitement about them even though I really like the look of the shoe.

After 6 hours of playing time that happened.. that’s it?! Geez.. that’s like 2-3 pick up sessions/games

1694634835397.gif

Looks like whoever got the 38's for basketball will enjoy them until they decide to return them back to Nome because of the factory defect.

I enjoy mine wearing them today. If anything happens with them, I'm cool with a 200 voucher considering I paid much, much less.

really would like this pair to sit for a couple weeks.
Will be interesting to see if the issues so far, continues on this colorway as well. Already seen it multiple times on the fiba’s and fundamentals.

What’s the next colorway due out? Aqua’s? That’s a nice colorway, whenever it releases. Would be a shame for it to happen on those as well.

The young lady that wore these in college first, wonder if she had these issues? Or any other Jordan member or college team using them?

Absolutely inexcusable. I give jb/nike the benefit of the doubt in a lot of situations because they're a global behemoth but this is absolutely 100% a complete fail. Do you weartest the shoe at ALL?? FFS!

When UA had this issue with the Curry line they issued "sealed" sole versions. JB probably won't do it because of all the storytelling stuff they came up with.

Only way they save this model is by biting the bullet and fixing it for the lows.

InconTHEEVABLE!

Absolutely inexcusable. I give jb/nike the benefit of the doubt in a lot of situations because they're a global behemoth but this is absolutely 100% a complete fail. Do you weartest the shoe at ALL?? FFS!

When UA had this issue with the Curry line they issued "sealed" sole versions. JB probably won't do it because of all the storytelling stuff they came up with.

Only way they save this model is by biting the bullet and fixing it for the lows.

InconTHEEVABLE!
I remember the issue with 28s back then and the popping zoom. They came out immediately with those 28 se.

Back
Top Bottom