Air Jordan 38

Screenshot_20240415-142150_X.jpg

Why do they keep making the adults lows and kids high? Every colorway they did that with the kids looked better.
Dude, the kids' version of the Fundamentals should've been the adult high version. I love the one that released for us grown ups, but the kids' "low" colorblocking is on another level for a white/black/red Air Jordan.

Last edited:

He’ll certainly wear them in practice and pregame but not in games.

Out of this model completely at this point. Not interested in the lows due to the fit. Wore the Chinese New Year pair for 3 sessions while on the shooting machine. Basically spot shooting at different positions on the court. No running/cutting. No issues. Was thinking we got something as far as a pair that works.

Wore them to play in competitively tonight and they did the same thing my Aquas did after the first run. Separated on the X-Plate. Left and right shoe. I was hoping with this pair being the last of the mids that are available for retail, and a different compound on the outsole, they would hold up. But no go.

Whatever the 39’s are, I hope they hold up and they product test them.

He’ll certainly wear them in practice and pregame but not in games.

Out of this model completely at this point. Not interested in the lows due to the fit. Wore the Chinese New Year pair for 3 sessions while on the shooting machine. Basically spot shooting at different positions on the court. No running/cutting. No issues. Was thinking we got something as far as a pair that works.

Wore them to play in competitively tonight and they did the same thing my Aquas did after the first run. Separated on the X-Plate. Left and right shoe. I was hoping with this pair being the last of the mids that are available for retail, and a different compound on the outsole, they would hold up. But no go.

Whatever the 39’s are, I hope they hold up and they product test them.
I have tried to hoop in my FIBAs several times but always switched at a timeout or halftime to a more trusted shoe. For me it’s the heel lockdown, but maybe I just need to wear some thicker elite socks. They just done feel right and somewhat clunky. The 37 is better but that upper material sucks and scrunches up too much. They have been my go to shoes for the past couple years though. JB needs to step it up for the 39… I just want a great all around shoe like the 28’s again. Wish we could get a retro of the 28 SE Christmas. That were a perfect shoe.

This model is extremely ugly to me. Extremely. Worst looking Jordan in quite some time.

I still have multiple pairs of 34s deadstock. I have a pair of Zion 35s DS and a couple 36 lows DS. Didn't like the 37s( (looks/cushion set up) and heard about them splitting. With that being said, JB did a really good job with 34-36. Talk about a huge step backwards with the 38.

Who is the guy who sold all of his 34s for these monstrosities?! Rainking? Either way, what a crazy decision. I remember that individual was so gung ho on the 34s... then he saw THESE and sold his 34s? Insane. Yellowing can be fixed easily, but my DS pairs of Chicago's still haven't yellowed.

Back
Top Bottom