Air Jordan 4 “Motorsport” Returning - Spring 2017

Was able to cop these at Undefeated SF for $114... I'm happy with that price... Hoping to cop the Alt Motorsport 4s for around the same price or cheaper.

Last edited:
Was able to cop these at Undefeated SF for $114... I'm happy with that price... Hoping to cop the Alt Motorsport 4s for around the same price or cheaper.

Nice.

Off topic, any retros that are also on sale? $114 for these is def a steal. Cheaper than what outlet prices would be.

Copped these for retail & still haven't worn them. What's the comfort on these like?

For me slightly stiff outta the box
But once broken in...it's money
For some reason these run slighter bigger for me
Very odd I just lace them up a little tighter

Last edited:
When people were seeing these for the first time and mentioning that the feel of the pleather was terrible, it scared me off and I didn't buy them.  My thought was, "Who wants to pay full retail for a piece of trash?"  I did that with the Mars IV back in '06 because I was afraid I would not see that colorway again.

But with the discounts that are out there now, I said what the hell and bought them.  I was pretty surprised at how good the feel was compared to what I was hearing.  These are better quality than a lot of the IV's that have come out in the last 10 years.  It is a little stiff out of the box, but it can be worked and broken in to have a nice feel.

First order of business is to apply a matte finish on that horrid shiny *** black paint on the midsole that they are using now.  Makes them look tacky in my opinion.

Glad I was able to get these at a little bit lower cost.  I am pretty happy with them overall.

Eh the pleather arguments are valid. Having the NA WC4 and these in each hand you can feel the quality is worlds apart. The WC4 is soft and has some plush when you push down in the leather. These on the other hand are made of your typical JB hard plastic stuff.

Still a good shoe at $120 tho. I'm happy with them at that price point.

Compared to the Mars and Military that released in 2006 these are decent quality.  I do agree that the WC that released in '16 is softer, but these aren't that far off from that.  Better out of the box than the TB3 for '16.  These are better than the 2's from '04 and '09 as well.

Are these some of the best that we have seen recently???  Absolutely not.  But no where near as bad as everyone is making them out to be.  But this is clearly a subjective thing, as everyone's "feel" is different. 

For me, they are decent.

When people were seeing these for the first time and mentioning that the feel of the pleather was terrible, it scared me off and I didn't buy them.  My thought was, "Who wants to pay full retail for a piece of trash?"  I did that with the Mars IV back in '06 because I was afraid I would not see that colorway again.

But with the discounts that are out there now, I said what the hell and bought them.  I was pretty surprised at how good the feel was compared to what I was hearing.  These are better quality than a lot of the IV's that have come out in the last 10 years.  It is a little stiff out of the box, but it can be worked and broken in to have a nice feel.

First order of business is to apply a matte finish on that horrid shiny *** black paint on the midsole that they are using now.  Makes them look tacky in my opinion.

Glad I was able to get these at a little bit lower cost.  I am pretty happy with them overall.

So which one has a better quality?
True Blue 3s or MotorSport 4s?

So which one has a better quality?
True Blue 3s or MotorSport 4s?
Out of the box I would have to say the Motorsport IV's are better.  They are not as stiff across the whole shoe, (except for the ankle collar - that is rock like, haha). To me the TB3 was hard all over the shoe.  It took quite a bit of working the material to get it to feel softer.  But once it was worked, it isn't bad. 

The MS4 is stiffer than the WC4 from '16 for sure, but not as bad as I felt everyone was making it out to be.  Glad I bought.

Reactions: PJS
Out of the box I would have to say the Motorsport IV's are better.  They are not as stiff across the whole shoe, (except for the ankle collar - that is rock like, haha). To me the TB3 was hard all over the shoe.  It took quite a bit of working the material to get it to feel softer.  But once it was worked, it isn't bad. 

The MS4 is stiffer than the WC4 from '16 for sure, but not as bad as I felt everyone was making it out to be.  Glad I bought.
Might double up for me, might not.

I bought mine second handed from PlatosCloset for $50, and been using as my rain shoes ever since.

I keep it clean though, using rubbing alcohol to clean it.

It's all good if I paid retail then that would of sucked
Could of doubled up at the outlets for $105
But passed...i gotta chill out a bit...and stop doubling up...lol

Meh. Looks like they raised it to 129.98 now on Ruvilla. Had an extra 10% off appreciation code that would have brought it down to 107 shipped (from that 119). Oh well. Money saved.

Motorsports were available for 30% off Friends and Family Nike Factory Store and they had Plenty also used my Military Discount came out to $94

Back
Top Bottom