AIR JORDAN 4 Black/Cement/Grey BLACK FRIDAY via COUNTERKICKS 03/08/12

Guess I'll have to wait for a restock. If not, I'll have to pay a little more.

Anyway, I patiently await the porch pics.
nerd.gif

no shipping confirmation from FNL, they havent taken the money from my account either :rolleyes

got the order confirmation when i placed the order, but im sweating right now

yeah you telling me right??? lol so i think with this new connect we could be set for 11's imma make sure i'll keep dropping by and hook him up with some things he mentioned to me today for a lockdown
laugh.gif
doesn't hurt to have one on the inside.
Now that's whats up!! Good work! Doesn't hurt at all 
glasses.gif

Went to footlocker at 6 and the guy said to come back in 30 minutes because they were deciding if they were gonna do another raffle or just sell them. I come back 25 minutes later and they already sold out of everything but a 12 and 13. Guess I'm gonna have to wait for the restock.

What's good, NT?  I am a long time lurker (I am talking years), but decided to finally register to tell my tale of copping these.

I live in Charleston, WV. You would not think it is a sneaker hotbed, but it has became quite difficult to cop kicks over the last year or so.  I used to be one of the only sneakerheads in town and could get whatever I wanted when I wanted it, but times have changed.  We have one mom and pop shop that has been an institution in our city.  They have a great Jordan account and get most releases.  I don't mess with them for Jordan releases because they charge $100 and over for Jordan retros and Foams, but they more then make up for it for the 20% off you can get on pretty much any other release that isn't hypebeasted over.  So, for my J's I stick to your everyday spots.  Champs and Footlocker gave out their tickets upon request throughout the week, so I showed up to FNL at about 11 o'clock because they stuck to handing their tickets out at midnight.  There was a small line, nothing crazy.  We waited until after midnight to get out tickets because their register malfunctioned and they wouldn't lift the cage until they got it fixed.  It was weird because noone was paying for the shoes until they picked them up after 8 the next morning.  The two people in front of me were a father and his teenage son.  The father was decked out in JB and looked to be a collector.  The son looked like he was going deer hunting the next morning.  Pops wanted a 10, son wanted an 11.5.  I needed an 11.  We get up to line and pops gets his 11.  Son's 11.5 is gone (our FNL is weak, only got 12 pairs).  There is one 11 left.  Son backs up and is like "nah, you take it".  I felt bad and was told him to go ahead and get it, he had been there longer.  All that is left for me is a ticket for 8.5 or 13, so I pass.  I walk out and the son and pop are waiting on me.  Son tells me he was getting the shoes for someone else and was only supposed to hold that person's spot in line, so since they didn't show up and I actually wanted the kicks, he gave me the ticket.  I was actually touched and offered to give the kid a few bucks.  He said no, so I promised to pay the deed forward.  Fast forward to about 9 AM the next day.  I didn't feel the need to show up right at 8 cause my shoes were held.  I get there and am told there was never a second 11.  They went right off of their invoice that said they were shipped two 11's, but really only got one.  I proceed to flip out.  The workers sat there laughing at us waiting for over an hour.  I explained that I couldn't understand why they didn't check what they had in stock before actually writing the tickets.  They only had 12 pairs so it would have taken seconds.  If I had known there was no other 11 I would have gotten up and went to the next city or hit up the one other local spot that gets very limited runs of J's.  I said they should give me an 11.5 or 12 that hadn't been picked up yet, and they said they couldn't give me shoes that were promised to someone else.  I couldn't understand how they had no problem telling me I couldn't have my pair, but wouldn't do it to someone else.  After making a bit of a scene I called around the stores in the mall in the next city that is about 45 min. away.  The FNL in that mall tells me they have a 12 that they will hold for me if I come right then.  I jet, make the drive in about 30 min and grab the twelve.  Later in the day I decide to hit up the Champs in my local mall that got over 40 pairs and gave out tickets all throughout the week.  They tell me they have an 11.5 that no one ever came to pick up, so I grab it also.  So, I luck into having two pairs.  I have called all my friends and told them I have a 12 that I will sale for retail if they missed out, but no one has jumped at the offer.  I am debating on taking them back to FNL, but I might just keep the second pair to trade at a later date.  I have no interest in saleing at a higher price. 

Now, I was so upset before I came upon the 11.5 that I called FNL corporate and filed a complaint.  The manager of the FNL has been really good to me in the past, but he was out of town for Thanksgiving.  So, I don't want to get him in any kind of trouble.  The district manager is supposed to call me in 1-3 business days.  I might try to use this to get a pair of the XI's for sure reserved.  Moral of the story is that I am sitting on two pairs and haven't decided what to do with the second.  If anyone needs a size 12 I am open for a trade.  I was so upset because this could have been easily avoided.  We watched these employees sit around and laugh and talk for over an hour.  There was no one in line to do anything other than get a ticket for these shoes.  They should have done everything in their power to make sure things worked out.  All they had to do was check their stock before handing out the tickets.  I can't be too mad when I ended up with two pairs, but I was upset I hadto drive 40 miles and waste gas to get my first pair.  The second that I will def. keep was just an unexpected bonus.  Sorry for the rant, just needed to get it off my chest. 

'

What's good, NT?  I am a long time lurker (I am talking years), but decided to finally register to tell my tale of copping these.

I live in Charleston, WV. You would not think it is a sneaker hotbed, but it has became quite difficult to cop kicks over the last year or so.  I used to be one of the only sneakerheads in town and could get whatever I wanted when I wanted it, but times have changed.  We have one mom and pop shop that has been an institution in our city.  They have a great Jordan account and get most releases.  I don't mess with them for Jordan releases because they charge $100 and over for Jordan retros and Foams, but they more then make up for it for the 20% off you can get on pretty much any other release that isn't hypebeasted over.  So, for my J's I stick to your everyday spots.  Champs and Footlocker gave out their tickets upon request throughout the week, so I showed up to FNL at about 11 o'clock because they stuck to handing their tickets out at midnight.  There was a small line, nothing crazy.  We waited until after midnight to get out tickets because their register malfunctioned and they wouldn't lift the cage until they got it fixed.  It was weird because noone was paying for the shoes until they picked them up after 8 the next morning.  The two people in front of me were a father and his teenage son.  The father was decked out in JB and looked to be a collector.  The son looked like he was going deer hunting the next morning.  Pops wanted a 10, son wanted an 11.5.  I needed an 11.  We get up to line and pops gets his 11.  Son's 11.5 is gone (our FNL is weak, only got 12 pairs).  There is one 11 left.  Son backs up and is like "nah, you take it".  I felt bad and was told him to go ahead and get it, he had been there longer.  All that is left for me is a ticket for 8.5 or 13, so I pass.  I walk out and the son and pop are waiting on me.  Son tells me he was getting the shoes for someone else and was only supposed to hold that person's spot in line, so since they didn't show up and I actually wanted the kicks, he gave me the ticket.  I was actually touched and offered to give the kid a few bucks.  He said no, so I promised to pay the deed forward.  Fast forward to about 9 AM the next day.  I didn't feel the need to show up right at 8 cause my shoes were held.  I get there and am told there was never a second 11.  They went right off of their invoice that said they were shipped two 11's, but really only got one.  I proceed to flip out.  The workers sat there laughing at us waiting for over an hour.  I explained that I couldn't understand why they didn't check what they had in stock before actually writing the tickets.  They only had 12 pairs so it would have taken seconds.  If I had known there was no other 11 I would have gotten up and went to the next city or hit up the one other local spot that gets very limited runs of J's.  I said they should give me an 11.5 or 12 that hadn't been picked up yet, and they said they couldn't give me shoes that were promised to someone else.  I couldn't understand how they had no problem telling me I couldn't have my pair, but wouldn't do it to someone else.  After making a bit of a scene I called around the stores in the mall in the next city that is about 45 min. away.  The FNL in that mall tells me they have a 12 that they will hold for me if I come right then.  I jet, make the drive in about 30 min and grab the twelve.  Later in the day I decide to hit up the Champs in my local mall that got over 40 pairs and gave out tickets all throughout the week.  They tell me they have an 11.5 that no one ever came to pick up, so I grab it also.  So, I luck into having two pairs.  I have called all my friends and told them I have a 12 that I will sale for retail if they missed out, but no one has jumped at the offer.  I am debating on taking them back to FNL, but I might just keep the second pair to trade at a later date.  I have no interest in saleing at a higher price. 

Now, I was so upset before I came upon the 11.5 that I called FNL corporate and filed a complaint.  The manager of the FNL has been really good to me in the past, but he was out of town for Thanksgiving.  So, I don't want to get him in any kind of trouble.  The district manager is supposed to call me in 1-3 business days.  I might try to use this to get a pair of the XI's for sure reserved.  Moral of the story is that I am sitting on two pairs and haven't decided what to do with the second.  If anyone needs a size 12 I am open for a trade.  I was so upset because this could have been easily avoided.  We watched these employees sit around and laugh and talk for over an hour.  There was no one in line to do anything other than get a ticket for these shoes.  They should have done everything in their power to make sure things worked out.  All they had to do was check their stock before handing out the tickets.  I can't be too mad when I ended up with two pairs, but I was upset I hadto drive 40 miles and waste gas to get my first pair.  The second that I will def. keep was just an unexpected bonus.  Sorry for the rant, just needed to get it off my chest. 
'

aint no body reading that homie :lol:

'

WTF, nobody cares
mean.gif

Last edited:

'

Welcome to NT

Eh, I read it, somewhat interesting. Definitely not the worst post ever or anything, adds just as much to the thread if not more as someone saying "GOT MINE" or "DAMN FNL" or the usual "**** resellers"

Just got home from work and dealing with all the Black Friday madness; Salute to all those who work retail and survived the day. Anyways decided to check on NDC to see if my order was shipped and it seems a label was created, tracking number and all :smokin. So heads up to those who ordered this morning from NDC.

I am happier with this release than any in a long time, feels good to feel like you spent your money well.  Happy holidays to all!

Eastbay was acting strange. Finish line was super easy to add to cart,but checking out seemed glitchy. I was able to pay and got an order number. Reading the last few pages had me worried. I logged onto FL and they already have a UPS tracking number. Hopefully that means I got lucky. The malls here in Phoenix sold out instantly. Almost all tickets were redeemed. Scavengers were waiting deep for any unclaimed pairs. Nothing left.

Back
Top Bottom