AIR JORDAN 4 Black/Cement/Grey BLACK FRIDAY via COUNTERKICKS 03/08/12

If you have the Cavs IV or the Metallic V, you know this 2011-12 Nubuck picks up everything, but the one thing i realized is the only thing that makes them look horrible is when you constantly touch them. This material sucks the oils from your fingers, in turn causing the Ashy Larry effect. Then again, these joints are made to be worn, so many of us just put them on and beat em. But for those of you who like to keep em looking DS, it's simple, don't touch the Nubuck. I know it's difficult to NOT touch the Nubuck, but it's possible. And if you can manage that, they stay crispy. I know this is a lil beyond OCD, but my Vs and Cavs are mad clean (the pairs I've worn, at least).

Metallic V's and Cavs aren't ashy to me. Ashys the VI's.

No ashy is like the dark charcoal 7s og and 2002 retro It should really be only a few people on here complainin if that
because most of yall havent even had the OGs or the first retro alot of yall prolli dont even own the CDPs so just go sit down
and wait for these to drop and stop talkin bout the quality imo the quality of jb shoes are getting better

It's safe to say that JB will never give us a perfect retro ever again.
They got the shape right, color blocking correct, clear colored air pockets, but they couldn't give us damn durabuck :smh:
1 pair for me.
can't agree more. the nubuck just kills the shoe but i'll still will get a pair. i'll end up throwing it in the back of my closet and wait years before wearing them. even though i hate my cdp's because of the constant paint chipping and banana shape, at least it's the correct material. these and the black/red xi's i can live without but will get for future trade bait.

It's safe to say that JB will never give us a perfect retro ever again.
They got the shape right, color blocking correct, clear colored air pockets, but they couldn't give us damn durabuck :smh:
1 pair for me.
Making it easier to bow out soon. They pulled me back in by dropping so many colorways of my favorite numbered Jordan (IVs), but with every grail that they play games with, they lose me more and more. Just give me the Fire Red 3M tongue V's, Grape V's, Royal I's, and Black Toe XIII's and I'll be able to wave bye and go back to NSW.

Last edited:
The leather they used on the Nike Air More Uptempo black/volt looks (just what i've seen from reviews) seems WAY better than this nubuck, seriously I just don't get the inconsistencies.

Yall will soon appreciate these jus like yall appreciated the 99 retro which looks alot different from the og

this the material from the OGs they tryna give them the OG feel just like the White Cements they didnt look anything like the 99 but they look
very close to the OG 1989 pair

nothing at all like the 1989 OG, i have a pair of OGs that ive been sole swapping and the durabuck on them can fool u into thinking its leather.
these look okay, hate the material change but this is my favorite shoe. ill cop a pair and throw in the closet for a couple years.
no need to wear em yet since ill have wearable ogs to go with my cdps. now all i need is a 99 pair

Last edited:
You guys who cling to your yellowed sole/midsole shoes and then complain about the new ones amaze me. I remember people bashing the CDP IV hard. Infact, that was one of the first JB releases that really took flack about being bad quality. Now dudes are "passing" on these and praising the cdps as if they are good quality. As I remember it, the material used on the cdp was the main complaint about the shoe. :smh: At least the 2012 actually look clean. Have you guys ever heard the term "change for the better". Sometimes things actually do change for the better, including Jordans/Nike. I like the jet black nubuck look vs the greyish dull looking durabuck that shows it's age easily over time. It was alway my durabuck shoes ie. 2000 blk/infr VI that had that "ashy" look after a few wears. My Blk/infr VI from the pack for example does not. But yeah, it's the same complaint, different release with yall dudes. Five years from now same dudes complaining and critiquing these will be the same dudes "grailing" these when the next one come out.

Last edited:
does anyone know how big the lines will be at the king of prussia house of hoops, do they usually draw big crowds for Jordan releases?

Still 2 pairs of my grails. I wish I picked up two pairs of the 5s.... I am not gonna complain. They got everything else down. More than you can say for 90sum% of reretros

Metallic V's and Cavs aren't ashy to me. Ashys the VI's.
The Vs were not Ashy when I picked up, they are now. But that is because I wear my 5s in the snow. Don't care about the oxidizing sole. Vs keep my feet nice and warm. I will not bust them out this winter tho. My Cavs are still DS, so IDK. but these IVs are ashy out the box

Last edited:
does anyone know how big the lines will be at the king of prussia house of hoops, do they usually draw big crowds for Jordan releases?

it will be more than likely a crazy line because its black friday you better off going to 69th street upper darby or in the hood
the lines dont get the big in the hood

this the material from the OGs they tryna give them the OG feel just like the White Cements they didnt look anything like the 99 but they look
very close to the OG 1989 pair
I owned and beat a pair of OG's into the ground when I was a kid. It definately is NOT like the OG's. This material is the same as the CAV IV's...a nubuck with a lot of nap to it. The OG's had no nap at all. Durabuck is a lot more like what the OG's were. I have no idea where you are getting your information from.

Already starting to stress for this release. Going hard since these are my grail and my cdp pair are cracking

Back
Top Bottom