AIR JORDAN 4 Black/Cement/Grey BLACK FRIDAY via COUNTERKICKS 03/08/12

need these in my life!
pimp.gif

I missed out so I need these bad. I'm starting to realize its not a game or hobby, it's an addiction!

Creases never bother me to much. It adds character to your kicks 
pimp.gif
But chipped paint is downright unacceptable!! My Cement Spizikes are horrendous 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I missed out on this colorway the last time they dropped in the cdp, so even though I already know the 2012 version will still be inferior in terms of good ol' fashioned quality I still need these.

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

I missed out on this colorway the last time they dropped in the cdp, so even though I already know the 2012 version will still be inferior in terms of good ol' fashioned quality I still need these.

This.
Let's hope its at least decent, which it should be.

The White Cement 4's were great.

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

This.

2012 WCIV's "Great"? Have you ever worn a pair of '99's or pre-2003 Jordans for that matter? I agree that the IV's came out much better than I expected, but I would not go so far as to call them "great."

Originally Posted by rojanjon

This.

2012 WCIV's "Great"? Have you ever worn a pair of '99's or pre-2003 Jordans for that matter? I agree that the IV's came out much better than I expected, but I would not go so far as to call them "great."
Yeah, the only recent J's that I'd classify as "great" quality wise are the Playoff XIII's and the Bordeaux VII's.

When we're throwing the word "great" around, comfort has to come into play as well, not just looks.

The White Cement's for a 2012 retro were a better than expected release, but the shoe is mighty stiff and will likely take several wears to break in.

They better durabuck my grails.

Originally Posted by Sneakerfan1

This.

Yeah, the only recent J's that I'd classify as "great" quality wise are the Playoff XIII's and the Bordeaux VII's.

When we're throwing the word "great" around, comfort has to come into play as well, not just looks.

The White Cement's for a 2012 retro were a better than expected release, but the shoe is mighty stiff and will likely take several wears to break in.

He's been calling everything with a jump-man logo great, take it for what its worth

Originally Posted by stevesteve72

I hope the paint is better than the CDP's. The paint on my pair chipped and started to flake off after two wears
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

10000% agree. Quality on CDP version is horrible.

Originally Posted by green rhino123

always in the conversation of best air jordans of all time
The only IV I even care about 
pimp.gif

These, Fire Red V's, Black Cement III's, Infra Reds, and Bred I's are classics. All grail status worthy sneakers. 

Originally Posted by TheprinceofDE

This.

He's been calling everything with a jump-man logo great, take it for what its worth

After you pointed it out, I began to notice it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by TheprinceofDE

After you pointed it out, I began to notice it
laugh.gif
Exactly yet I am wrong for stating the obvious 
eyes.gif
 ok 
laugh.gif

This.

Great is relative and to everyone it is quantified a bit differently.
I like them so that's why I said great, in my opinion.

Judging me on my opinion?

88-o.gif

This.

Great is relative and to everyone it is quantified a bit differently.
I like them so that's why I said great, in my opinion.

Judging me on my opinion?

88-o.gif
Ok, let's do this step by step, so nothing gets lost in the shuffle:

1.  Where was I "judging" you?  Perhaps you are referring to my actual serious question where I asked you if you had ever worn a pair of 1999 WC or BCIV's, or pre-2003 Air Jordans. That question was not a shot at you, it was a serious question.  You are on a sneaker forum, we are discussing sneakers and our opinions of sneakers.  There are comments from other members here in this thread that I can understand you stretching to interpret as you being judged, but I fail to see how I have "judged" you in any way.

2.  The fact that you, as well as the other tens of thousands of members on this board, are expressing opinions has not escaped me in the least.  And as you say, your opinion that the WCIV's are "great" is relative to a qualified opinion (not quantified, since we are not speaking of a quantity, but rather a quality, which cannot be quantified unless we are assigning a coding system to the points of the quality and score it as such).

So, I refer to my earlier question: What is your opinion that the WCIV's were "great" qualified by?  Your experience wearing 1999's?  or your experience wearing Jordans before the very noticeable quality dives that many of us have witnessed firsthand?  Or is it qualified by the fact that you have only experienced the most recent releases of the IV's?

3.  Critical discussion is what NikeTalk used to really be about, and somewhat still is.  Not just blind statements about how we hope they are "dope", or "good quality", or "copped", or "passed on", or "I makin dat money off deez kix"...

If you take a critical discussion as being judged, I think you could take a step back and see the true source of your defensiveness if you take the time to be honest with yourself and what you portray on this board.

If my comment was too harsh for you and I offended you, that was not my intention, and I apologize for that.  I always do my best to have fun here and be respectful. 

Actually I'm sorry.

I was referring to the 'judging' part of that comment to someone else.

I have nothing against you and highly value your comments.

I'm not here to make enemies, I'm here to have creative and influential discussion.

I won't make another comment on this behalf.

I now know what to expect from here on out.

Back
Top Bottom