Air Jordan 4 Metallics

Leather is real nice

Attachments

• A99940F8-C36D-4F02-8EE8-9065E843BB97.jpeg
    A99940F8-C36D-4F02-8EE8-9065E843BB97.jpeg
    254.6 KB · Views: 827
It's interesting that earlier in the thread people were going on about how these weren't for them cos they were an all white shoe.

But ever since the pack got a wider release, the conversation has turned to something along the lines of I love (the shape, leather, etc on) these.

The tide has turned. :lol:

It's interesting that earlier in the thread people were going on about how these weren't for them cos they were an all white shoe.

But ever since the pack got a wider release, the conversation has turned to something along the lines of I love (the shape, leather, etc on) these.

The tide has turned. :lol:
Not imo. While the leather and shape is nice, these still look terrible, looking dingy out the box lmao. I had the purp and couldn't flip em fast enough. They will quickly get that yellowing look.

It’s true. I would just wear the shoe this summer if you really like it. Chances are in 3-4 years these will all look terrible. Would’ve preferred the Columbia style perforated leather over the yellow mesh.

Saying an all white shoe is going to look bad in 3-4 years or show wear is not exactly breaking news. End of the day it’s how you manage to take care of yours shoes. I have those columbia 4s and they’re bright white, but the tumbled leather on those was going to make them look worn regardless.

Saying an all white shoe is going to look bad in 3-4 years or show wear is not exactly breaking news. End of the day it’s how you manage to take care of yours shoes. I have those columbia 4s and they’re bright white, but the tumbled leather on those was going to make them look worn regardless.

How do you go about not exposing the netting to oxygen? That is what is causing the aggressive yellowing. If you shrink wrap the entire shoe, it can damage the midsole so that option is out (nor is it very feasible if you plan on wearing these more than once a year or whatever).

How do you go about not exposing the netting to oxygen? That is what is causing the aggressive yellowing. If you shrink wrap the entire shoe, it can damage the midsole so that option is out (nor is it very feasible if you plan on wearing these more than once a year or whatever).
Other than the WC4s (which is a pair where the yellowing of the netting doesn’t bother me), the fact that the netting yellows is why both the Bling 4s (2000) and the Columbia 4s are my favorite white-based 4s. I LOVE the leather perforated side panels on those pairs, and no yellowing.

Other than the WC4s (which is a pair where the yellowing of the netting doesn’t bother me), the fact that the netting yellows is why both the Bling 4s (2000) and the Columbia 4s are my favorite white-based 4s. I LOVE the leather perforated side panels on those pairs, and no yellowing.
Yea the design team back then actually did their job and thought about these things. Changes were made to improve rather than just changing to change.
It’s just so lazy to use that material when they know damn well the perforated leather is a better solution.

Yea the design team back then actually did their job and thought about these things. Changes were made to improve rather than just changing to change.
It’s just so lazy to use that material when they know damn well the perforated leather is a better solution.

To be fair, they did this again recently with the WNTR 4s or whatever they were called. That said, I think that release was the exception.

I also feel like between the Bling 4s, and even both the Columbia’s and Oreos (both “LS” versions) from 2015, it’s almost like those LS versions that use the perforated leather on both the side panels and tongue area (they also have a leather back heel tab), seem to also have pretty good quality leather. If you haven’t checked out the leather on those pairs you really should. The round laces are dope to me too. I’ve ALWAYS though this LS Lifestyle version of the 4 was dope, and underutilized. Had JB slapped the “LS” label on the Metallic pack, used that (what seems like at least) better LS leather, used the leather panels instead of the plastic netting, and even used the round laces, and the pack would definitely be better IMO. They’re still plain, but had they made them in that model, I feel like they’d stand out more, and just be more special.

Where did you cop the green pair, man?

-Drew
eBay through ID4Shoes

StockX actually emailed me today and said my account was good to go and sure enough I was able to buy them:rofl:

What I’ll most likely do is send the eBay ones back when they get here.

Back
Top Bottom