Air Jordan 5 "Grape" MAY 4th, 2013 - $160

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear you, I'm just saying because blue works into the shoe (unlike the FR5s).
I just hope they lighten up that tint because it looks too dark.
Thought it was suppose to be faint.
Yeah they def should tone the blue down if possible.

Tried to make a photoshop so you guys could get a idea of what the icy soles would look like on the grapes.
I know everybody hates change but that honestly doesn't look bad at all. It goes nicely with the the emerald green "shark teeth." However, make the sole any darker and we've got a problem.

I don't know why it amazes me to this day the way that people feel about others copping multiples.  If someone decides to cop 2 pairs or even 20 pairs who gives a damn?  Their bread, more power to them.

Was probably one of the few pairs that was impossible for me to secure during those times.

^I agree
I am just unsure of the logic behind someone who has dozens of pairs of sneakers copping multiples when you know damn well you have to wear em all to death before they deteriorate. Like I said I will cop multiples of my faves if I got my money right and they do the rerelease justice. But I see some of you doubling and tripling up on every fourth release. Makes no sense.

Tried to make a photoshop so you guys could get a idea of what the icy soles would look like on the grapes.
Oh this is nice...

May 11th 2013 can't come fast enough.
By the way that date was just a guess on my part

nice put me down for one pair. 2013 is a long time from now hopefully the shape and color doesnt change much.

Last edited:
* rubs hands together* 
smokin.gif

^I agree
I am just unsure of the logic behind someone who has dozens of pairs of sneakers copping multiples when you know damn well you have to wear em all to death before they deteriorate. Like I said I will cop multiples of my faves if I got my money right and they do the rerelease justice. But I see some of you doubling and tripling up on every fourth release. Makes no sense.
Same can be said about any other hobby though.  There are people who purchase vehicles strictly for collection/showroom purposes.  They never drive them.  Live and let live.  If someone wants to cop multiples, hold their shoes in their sleep, take a piss in their shoes, etc. it's their prerogative.  May not necessarily agree with it, but it is what it is.

That PS from the last page is decent, but the blue tint would definitely need to be a bit lighter.  I still don't get JBs switch to the blue tint.  Somehow Reebok manages to make shoes with clear icy soles that REMAIN icy.  You'd think Nike/JB could figure it out.

I'm not diggin' the icy blue soles, throws of the contrast between the grape and emerald green. And who was talking baout the 2006 version having bad leather quality? My 2006 pair are rediculously nice.

I don't know why it amazes me to this day the way that people feel about others copping multiples.  If someone decides to cop 2 pairs or even 20 pairs who gives a damn?  Their bread, more power to them.
Maybe because that means less pairs for everyone.

Maybe because that means less pairs for everyone.
If it were that simple then sure, but if some random person in a desolate area hits up a few spots and cops multiples, how exactly is that affecting how many pairs the next man can land?  You see someone posting a pic of their 4 pairs, are you thinking in your head "one of those are mines, I would've driven 500 miles to cop!"

Stores should impose limits so that there's enough pairs to go around or so that said person who wants multiples has to work a little harder to land them.  If a store doesn't enforce limits that's one thing, but when they do, do your homework and you'll get your pair(s).  No one's going to hand you anything.

Those pairs wouldve been sent back to the retailer warehouse and sold online. But point made.
But know, that you cant just "do your hw" in places like Chicago without connects. People get shot/stabbed/beat up for em. People line up for almost a day at least, etc.

But like i said idc what they do. I just want to know the logic behind copping multiple pairs of every release. Ill just stick to well done grails and trade bait items.

^I agree

Same can be said about any other hobby though.  There are people who purchase vehicles strictly for collection/showroom purposes.  They never drive them.  Live and let live.  If someone wants to cop multiples, hold their shoes in their sleep, take a piss in their shoes, etc. it's their prerogative.  May not necessarily agree with it, but it is what it is.

That PS from the last page is decent, but the blue tint would definitely need to be a bit lighter.  I still don't get JBs switch to the blue tint.  Somehow Reebok manages to make shoes with clear icy soles that REMAIN icy.  You'd think Nike/JB could figure it out.

THEY DON'T WANT TO FIGURE IT OUT.

WHAT INCENTIVE WOULD YOU HAVE TO RE-COP WHEN THEY RE-RELEASE IN 2015?

:lol:

Those pairs wouldve been sent back to the retailer warehouse and sold online. But point made.
But know, that you cant just "do your hw" in places like Chicago without connects. People get shot/stabbed/beat up for em. People line up for almost a day at least, etc.

But like i said idc what they do. I just want to know the logic behind copping multiple pairs of every release. Ill just stick to well done grails and trade bait items.
Yep and in those cases it's pretty much a crapshoot as far as you getting your pair unless you stalk NT.  To me it's all about how important you make material stuff.  Shoes, while one of my bigger hobbies is just that, a hobby.  It's not as serious as some wanna make it.
^I agree

THEY DON'T WANT TO FIGURE IT OUT.

WHAT INCENTIVE WOULD YOU HAVE TO RE-COP WHEN THEY RE-RELEASE IN 2015?

laugh.gif
Sad but true.  That's how they get the majority of customers to continue to purchase the same shoe over and over.  I'm typically good with one version, no need for me to own every version that drops.  Yellowing on the V's doesn't bother me as much as it bothers most.  Just a bit of a nuisance to go through so many preventative measures to maintain the shoes.

If it were that simple then sure, but if some random person in a desolate area hits up a few spots and cops multiples, how exactly is that affecting how many pairs the next man can land?  You see someone posting a pic of their 4 pairs, are you thinking in your head "one of those are mines, I would've driven 500 miles to cop!"

Stores should impose limits so that there's enough pairs to go around or so that said person who wants multiples has to work a little harder to land them.  If a store doesn't enforce limits that's one thing, but when they do, do your homework and you'll get your pair(s).  No one's going to hand you anything.
I'm with you but like the homie sunshineblotters said you ain't getting multiple pairs in chicago form different stores. It's just not happening. The only way you can is if you take a few homies with you to one store and they buy some shoes to. I do that frequently. I take my lady with me and she scoops the extra 12 for me lol.

People are lucky to have girls who would do that for you. I havent met a single girl who i think would camp up for me even if we were in a serious relationship. Also i only have one sneakerhead acquaintance. My best bet is to hope dude works in the morning of a release, saves me a pair, i get a pair from camping, and one online from my phone. Never has any combination of those things happened.

People are lucky to have girls who would do that for you. I havent met a single girl who i think would camp up for me even if we were in a serious relationship. Also i only have one sneakerhead acquaintance. My best bet is to hope dude works in the morning of a release, saves me a pair, i get a pair from camping, and one online from my phone. Never has any combination of those things happened.
Yea bro I'm very lucky. She's out there every release with me faithfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom