Air Jordan 5 "Grape" MAY 4th, 2013 - $160

Status
Not open for further replies.
red lace lock is terrible if they really gonna sell them with the red lace lock ima take them off.

Hopefully I can scoop a pair for retail.. Those look beautiful other than that red lace lock.

what is this fnl mobile biz?
my inbox is rdy

Same here fambs.

I was too young to cop in '06 but I shall cop multiples this time around.

Lol, back in like 2nd or 3rd grade one of my YMCA summer camp leaders had hundreds of Jordans and Nikes. I would always ask him about his shoes and one day he showed me his OG grapes. Instantly fell in love with them and ever since then I have always wanted grapes. One of the reasons I started collecting.

this shoe just looks horrible. the shape is all wrong, the jordan logos aren't embossed right and the red lace lock. this shoe is just done wrong. i'd pass on these. all jordan 5s from the 2011 metallics on are horrible. wolf grey was the last good one.

air-jordan-v-grape-2013-retro-06-570x377.jpg
air-jordan-v-grape-2013-retro-07-570x377.jpg
air-jordan-v-grape-2013-retro-04-570x377.jpg
air-jordan-v-grape-2013-retro-05-570x377.jpg
air-jordan-v-grape-2013-retro-02-570x377.jpg
air-jordan-v-grape-2013-retro-01-570x377.jpg
air-jordan-v-grape-2013-retro-03-570x377.jpg

First pics
http://sneakernews.com/2012/12/23/air-jordan-v-grape-2013-retro/

can't complain sold my 06 pair/ now I get a chance to copped again 2x for sure hoping its not a Limited Release cuz last time it was difficult to obtain IMO

Can't wait to scoop em up sold my 06 pair. I can deal with the lace locks. Will see how the release turns out

They won't really come with red lace locks will they?

I went through heck to get my pair in '06. I kinda wish these weren't coming out again. :D

I'm gonna pick up 2 pairs of these. I don't care for the red lacelocks like most people..but I still have my vnds 06 pair, and if/when my 06 pair ever becomes beat or unwearable, I'll just throw the black lacelocks on the 06's on these new joints....

but I gotta admit...those red lacelocks are very unnecessary. Who comes up with these idiotic ideas to put red lacelocks on a shoe that has absolutely NO red on it...:stoneface:

Last edited:
Oh my god a red lace lock!!!!! Pass... :x

Def grabbing a pair of these and switching the lace locks to black instead. Just in time for summer :smokin

Yeah i agree with everyone else here. those red lace locks were completely unnecessary. I'm almost positive those are just a sample pair and the retail pair won't have the red lace locks. But if they do i still have the lace locks from my grape fusion 5's that are purple with the green jumpman on them. Mos def will be putting those on these come release day.

Still got my 06' pair using some SOLE SAUCE on mines to clean up the minor yellowing besides that mines are good so I mite pass on them but what is up with that tinted sole?? Anybody else notice that?? I ain't feeling that at all man & of course the red lace locks are trash can I agree with what homie said all the 2011 V's are doo doo...

so stop mentioning it. lurkers will forget. you guys just dont get it. stop talking about the methods
Always wonder why on RD when something goes quicker than before and the same types of posters are upset.  People are selective with hookups to their connects, NT fam should be just as selective with this info, granted its not as unique as a connect nor a guarantee, but it still gives you an edge over others.  "Those who know don't tell and those who tell don't know" 

Last edited:
I hope these are readily available so that everyone who wants one can easily get a pair, resellers won't be able to charge rape prices, and no kid gets held up for them.
Why would you want them to be rare? Knowing all the extra foolishness that will come along with that

this

Exactly, but that doesn't drive the machine my friend. It's too easy to satisfy a loyal customer. The new marketing strategy is to drive you crazy scrambling for a shoe that you will have little attention span for in a month and do it all over again. JB/Nike is printing money :smh:

People passing because of a red lace lock? Hilarious :lol:

I'm thinking they just slapped on a red lace lock for the official pics. I don't see them releasing like that, but if they do, won't bother me one bit.

Icy soles on these look good, I just don't understand why the air units are clear on these but on the Fire Reds, they are yellowed? *Unsolved mystery*

And who gives a flying (you know what) if everyone has the opportunity to buy these, if you want to rock exclusives, buy some PE's or BIN or whatever other limited shoes are out there. You're not special.

This is why I miss the old days, no one cared that shoes were widely available, in fact, people were genuinely against limited releases.

Hypebeasts.

Last edited:
How is the shape "all wrong" on these?

I really don't see it. I think these are the best 5s to drop since the Wolf greys. Hell. This might be the first pair of Jordans I double up on. They look that good to me. I knew the red lace locks were just a sample.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom