Air Jordan 5 "Grape" MAY 4th, 2013 - $160

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember the days buying any early release kicks was frowned upon. These days seems like a lot copp early releases freely like it ain't no thing. :smh:

I remember the days buying any early release kicks was frowned upon. These days seems like a lot copp early releases freely like it ain't no thing. :smh:

It seems to be a cycle.

At first it was cool up here and you wanted to have them first, then the Sugar Ray XIII's and concords hit and it became taboo

A lot of the new age sneakherheads don't know any better and haven't caught on. They think they're doing something.

I've been collecting since 1990 and I am 35 years old. Far from a "new age" Sneakerhead. Where I am from release day pairs are impossible. Literally not an option. 24 pairs total in the mall if we're lucky and there will be 80-100 people in line starting 24 hours before the stores open. I have a family and a job and don't have time to camp out with the hypebeast kids. I will be able to secure 1 pair through an out of town connect so if I want a second pair one of these early pairs is worth trying. I took a shot and I got a perfect pair. Compared to my release day Fire Reds the quality is actually better. I only tried early release 1 other time and that didnt work out but in the current sneaker climate if you wanna keep collecting you are gonna have to buy early pairs and/or pay 3 times retail (ex. Royal 1s) after release date. I will put the pair I got from Sole Awesome up against my release day pair when i get it and I bet no one will see a difference.

I'd rather strike out on release day or pay reseller prices then try to have to sell off a shady looking pre-order. Just my 2 cents.

where did u get ur pair bruh?

Sole Awesome

I'd rather strike out on release day or pay reseller prices then try to have to sell off a shady looking pre-order. Just my 2 cents.

Does that pair above your post look shady though?

Here's another shot of em. They actually look better than my Fire Reds that came from Foot Locker on RD.

Oh and striking out is not an option for me. I been doing this for longer than some of these cats been on this Earth. I'm gonna get my kicks one way or the other. I'll bet anyone on this site that if they saw me rockin em they aint gonna know if they were release day or a little early. Trust me if they werent legit or perfect they would have went back in a second. I sent back 3 pairs of early release Concords cuz they were all crap. Swore I would not do early release again but Nike and their idiotic release tactics and all these kids now are ruining the culture. Its a culture not a "game" as so many like to call it.

Last edited:
Speaking of how may pairs stores get. each store where i'm at gets about 28 at the most if even that.. and we have 4 stores 

Last edited:
We have 1 mall with a Finish Line that usually gets 12 pairs and a Champs that will have 12 pairs. Foot Locker no longer carries Jordan releases because of rioting that happened on a RD once. The FNL will have a line the day before and the Champs sells everything to employees most of the time. Next closest place that we would have a chance will be to campout about an hour and a half away. Its terrible here trying to get releases. Now with all the stupid twitter crap and whatever else they do its not even worth trying online. The real collectors around here pay 300 and move on to the next one.

We have 1 mall with a Finish Line that usually gets 12 pairs and a Champs that will have 12 pairs. Foot Locker no longer carries Jordan releases because of rioting that happened on a RD once. The FNL will have a line the day before and the Champs sells everything to employees most of the time. Next closest place that we would have a chance will be to campout about an hour and a half away. Its terrible here trying to get releases. Now with all the stupid twitter crap and whatever else they do its not even worth trying online. The real collectors around here pay 300 and move on to the next one.

This is what it comes down to unfortunately. A sad time and an end of an era. People say adapt. But with jobs, families and other responsibilitys. Somethings are better left.

Damn I feel for you man. That's terrible.

lol at "the real collectors pay $300 and move on". If that is what you need to tell yourself good for you I guess. I'll pay reseller price if I have to but it will be less than 300.

People saying they shouldve used tumbled leather on the grapes..... you drunk brah?

Last edited:
lol at "the real collectors pay $300 and move on". If that is what you need to tell yourself good for you I guess. I'll pay reseller price if I have to but it will be less than 300.

I wasnt talking about these in particular. I mean any Jordan or other release we want. Thanks for your approval though.

Also, the only reason we can get DS shoes 5+ years after release is because of people who keep theirs on ice. So you cant knock dude who still has his 06 pair

You mean its not 3M? Thats right. Grapes did not have a 3M tongue.
Those look way off. Tongue looks like its stitched terrible. Sole looks way too light. Just looks wrong overall.
I'm sorry very unclear on my part. Are the grape tongues different in any way from the fire red tongues beside the 3m? It looks smaller maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom