Air Jordan 5 "Grape" MAY 4th, 2013 - $160

Status
Not open for further replies.
people always have to blame something for their failures. if you lost you lost it's no one else's fault but yourself
Nah man. I got a pair. I stood in line and reserved a pair. I just thought the meme was funny. With that said- If you dont think bots tilt the scales unfavorably in its customers favor then we're not on the same level regardless. 

How come in NY to get tickets is in about 7-8 hours and no one did raffles on these? FTL, FA, and Champs said no raffles on these.

Yeah. I usually stop by the mall during my lunch break and by the time I came by, the guy said they did the guaranteed tickets, had about 125 pairs. He said they were all gone within 10 minutes so I assume dudes lined up for a while. This thing is so disorganized it is funny. Champs in Topanga did their raffle tickets on Monday-Tuesday while Champs in Northridge did theirs today
laugh.gif

I'll try my luck online, can't hang with the young guns lining up anymore.
duuude same thing happened to me, i go to pierce so right after class at like 11 i went to hoh topanga expecting to get my tickets as usual just to lose lol and they told me they did reserve tickets yesterday. and dude this is a routine thing for me, every release i grab tickets from shiekh/hoh in topanga then FTL/shiekhs northridge sometimes SP and champs. and ALWAYS LOSE. never win. did you see the whiteout foams in a 7.5 just chillin on the counter at hoh? **** had a doodoo stain on the sock liner. 

I'm just saying, a 32 year old threatening a 21 year old and challening him to a fight over a mall disagreement, followed by saying he's going to send his goons after me to put in some work is far over the top. Come on now, why would I initiate a physical fight with someone I don't even know...on the internet...about malls
laugh.gif

But I hear you g, I'm off it now. Back to these grapes. Hope all in here who wants to get a pair does. What's the over/under on the amount of grapes y'all gon see at a function/in the club this weekend
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
You sound afraid... 

Are these really going to be that hard to obtain????? earlier bro told me that i shouldnt move my fighter jets for these cause theyll be plenty to go around...

duuude same thing happened to me, i go to pierce so right after class at like 11 i went to hoh topanga expecting to get my tickets as usual just to lose lol and they told me they did reserve tickets yesterday. and dude this is a routine thing for me, every release i grab tickets from shiekh/hoh in topanga then FTL/shiekhs northridge sometimes SP and champs. and ALWAYS LOSE. never win. did you see the whiteout foams in a 7.5 just chillin on the counter at hoh? **** had a doodoo stain on the sock liner. 
Haha, yup. Last week they has a size 9 too. Someone returned it. The shorter guy at HoH is cool though.

I think I'll be alright online. Haven't failed yet, knock on wood. Worst case scenario is I don't get a pair. They're just sneakers after all.

Ps is there still a FootAction at northridge? I haven't gone except for the restaurants at the end. It appears they want to make the mall more modernized but failed.

The odds are really against you or us or well anyone. These stores only got one to two FSRs and they have average about 200 tickets :lol:

Last edited:
according to footlocker unlocked these will be available in Puerto Rico... these cant be that hard to get... i wanna try to cop... but the way this thread jumped makes it seem like there wont be enough to go around or ppl are just being greedy and wanting 2-3 pairs.

Nah man. I got a pair. I stood in line and reserved a pair. I just thought the meme was funny. With that said- If you dont think bots tilt the scales unfavorably in its customers favor then we're not on the same level regardless. 
i wasn't directing my comment at you i was just saying that people will blame anything because they couldn't get the shoe. yea bots make it a little harder but not impossible, many people on here successfully rsvp'ed without a bot. if you know that you're not quick enough just get a bot or just pay someone to rsvp for you, if you really want the shoe, an extra 20 dollars is nothing and it takes the stress out of copping the shoe

Bruh, that @Ronsweedroom guy on here just threatened to have people put in work on me over this
laugh.gif
had no idea the mall was that serious.

People need to chill out man
Uh oh, we have to beware here, he's a hardcore e-thug I guess. What kind of work, a virus or spam in your inbox?

Dudes are thirsty for these damn shoes, saturday cant come soon enough.

Last edited:
You sound afraid... 

Are these really going to be that hard to obtain????? earlier bro told me that i shouldnt move my fighter jets for these cause theyll be plenty to go around...

Man whatever, I don't care about that no more :lol: and there will be plenty of these to go around, plus multiple restocks.

Ahhh, very insightful post. I just learned a lot about LA lol. So next time I go, I know where to find "better looking ratchets". What the mall all the rappers/celebrities shop at then?
Ghetto @ss chicks are not sexy period, real talk. There's no such thing as better looking than the other, they're all one in the same, let's be realistic.

The malls in the L.A. area you can see or run into stars are Fox Hills Mall and Beverly Center. They go there the most. Fox Hills since its literally down the street from LAX, and Beverly Center since its near Hollywood and Beverly Hills with nearby hotels or industries relevant things.

You can see rappers or stars in random malls in various areas as well. I heard some stars go to malls in the Valley part of L.A., but I'm hardly in that area since its out of my radius. I heard most of them go to Topanga Mall in Canoga Park from various mall employees there. Topanga Mall is the best mall in the Valley, its upper middle class to white collar, its the marquee mall out there. It caters to young bucks and old folks. Check that mall out if you're in L.A.

I actually met Terrell Owens the day after Christmas last year at Sherman Oaks Fashion Square. Its a slow, smaller mall though. That's the only time I ran into a star whenever I was in the Valley. Its a nice upper middle class to white collar mall, but the selections don't cater to a younger demographic like Topanga Mall does. Its more for older folks.

I've never seen anyone in Northridge Mall, then again its further out so I would understand no one wanting to go out there. Its a decent, middle class mall. Its north of Topanga Mall. Its definitely a young peoples mall.

I would say Panorama Mall is the most ghetto mall in the Valley, you wouldn't be missing anything by not going there. Its so small, your trek in there is complete within much less than 10 minutes. Its in the middle of a predominantly Latino/Hispanic area of the Valley. Its like a Little Mexico in that mall. But the Foot Locker manager who just got transferred there recently is cool because I've dealt with him at a different mall over a year ago.

Sherman Oaks Galleria off the 405 and 101 interchange is not even a mall, don't peep that, its all business spaces and restaurants, a movie theater. There's not any real retail there. I heard it used to be such an awesome, bomb @ss mall during the 80s, peeps from L.A. used to go out there on weekends. But I was way too young during that period to even know. You could see the old indoor version of that mall in old, classic movies like Fast Times At Ridgemont High, Commando, Terminator 2, and other movies filmed there as well. It opened in the very early 80s and was cool throughout that decade. Its decline began in the early 90s. The 1994 Northridge earthquake was the catalyst for its decline. When it reopened later that year, stores started departing. By 1999, it closed officially and reconstruction began. It reopened as the current outdoor incarnation minus retail spots in very early 2002. I wish it was still indoors with the retail, but times and managements change.

The Valley is considered a part of Los Angeles city.

Crenshaw Mall is ghetto, you're not missing anything by not going there. I doubt anyone famous will go there. Its also in a somewhat quieter, secluded area not accessible like that.

Westside Pavilion is more for white collar type of clientele. Nothing for young peeps in that mall. But I actually met Dr. Dre there back in summer 1999.

Century City Mall, same as Westside Pavilion, but its even much more white collar.

To the south of L.A. city is South Bay Galleria in Redondo Beach. Its not that cool, its overrun by kids on weekends because there is a movie theater there and many different bus lines that pass through a terminal there. Since kids can't drive, either they're not old enough, their parents can't afford to buy a car for them or the parents are smart to not buy a car for them to wreck, they can only rely on the bus for transportation. That's why many kids from different areas frequent that mall. But its in a nice area, near many beaches.

Further south down the street is Del Amo Mall. That used to be the bomb @ss mall in the 90s. Peeps from L.A. used to go there on weekends because we were burnt out by ghetto @ss Fox Hills Mall. It used to be worth the drive, the mall was practically full occupancy with stores. It was crowded on weekends. Matter of fact, Jackie Brown was filmed there. But its decline began immediately after 1999. It got a little ghetto now. There's many vacancies and really not crowded despite the fact its one of the biggest malls in America. You wouldn't be missing anything there.

The Game frequents Fox Hills Mall, I've seen him a few times since late 2003. I've seen many recognizable peeps in that mall, I done lost track.The coolest rapper I ever met in my life was Method Man back on March 20, 2001. He was really cool.

Many famous people frequent Beverly Center. I've seen a few myself. Parking there is a b!tch. I just park on the streets and walk in to save money.
my turn

there actually arent any malls in Detroit

Randomly Saw Mario Williams at the Galleria in Houston today but I got my pair on deck.. Just got hide em from wifey till around my b-day... Lol

Last edited:
Dillard's carried certain CWs of Jordans back in the day. They definitely had the Grapes in 1990. For some reason that really sticks out in my mind. I don't remember too much of what else other stores had. JCP might have had some stuff, don't think Sears had anything. What else did we have... Montgomery Ward? Don't even remember.

But yeah, bottom line was that they were readily available. When I'd get a new pair for Christmas or whatever, my parents didn't have to go camp out or win a raffle. 
happy.gif

I remember getting my jordan fire red V's from JCP when I was only 7 back in 1990. lol, JCP even carried other shoes up till about the late 90's. Got my Penny 2's, Pippens there etc. JCP use to be the undercover spot
LMAO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

dude has a good memory, i didnt care about none of that stuff when i was little so its in the recesses of my mind, but hudsons changing into marshall fields changing into macys is clickin right now, dam bro

i remember i couldnt say pennys right, i would say JCPanties for some reason, not even on no funny ****, just a hood baby couldnt talk right

but yea, my parents got us the jays we did get from JCP, never stepped foot into footlocker as a kid

Are you serious? You quoted blee23's post and said "ops. I (as in you, yourself) meant GRAPEICE." It's pretty straight forward, not really analysis.
Originally i type "It's #GrapePIECE not #GrapePEICE"

Then i look again to edit, oops..it's #grapeICE. What's wrong with that? Stop being meticulous rather than being helpful.

Do me a favor, go google "bibOo" see if you can tie any to blee23 as one person. If you could, I'll send you $100 for reward. If you can't, you owe me an apology. Deal?

You're waste of human breath in this thread! SMH...

Last edited:
Fox Hills Mall is one of the worst, best and Fox Hills Mall should never be used in the same sentence. Ironically, its in a decent area, but when you go inside, its a whole different world. Its like going through a warp zone, coming from a decent area on the outside, then going indoors to a ghetto. Oh don't worry, you'll get your fill of Trukfit gear in ghetto Fox Hills Mall, my guys in the Footaction there do have a vast selection of Trukfit stuff visibly displayed for sale.They told me they slang the hell out of it too.

I really don't consider Beverly Center one of the best, its overrated, over hyped, its only a name. Its too bougie for me. I only go there to deal with peeps I have to deal with. 

Northridge isn't worth the trip, like I said, its further out, nothing to really see because its an atypical mall really.

That Little Mexico mall, Panorama is a joke, its only a hallway as one member described, the lunch area is teeny as well, don't waste time there. If you really want to see a Little Mexico type area, you won't have to venture afar, they practically have one in every city, even your town perhaps, especially a big metropolitan city. Its practically common knowledge that Latinos/Hispanics are much higher in population/demographic numbers everywhere in USA.

How you from L.A. and being the falsest1 with the replies?
Fox Hills is FARRRR from how ghetto you're painting it.
Baldwin Hills isn't in a secluded area either. It's off 2 of thee most famous streets in L.A., Chrenshaw and MLK.

Ignore everything he said: If you out of towner NTers come to L.A. here is the breakdown
Fox Hills (Target, Bestbuy, and regular mall shops) a sushi spot that turns into a club at night on weekends also have Lucilles, BJs and Olive Garden Great looking women who CAN be ghetto)
Beverly Hills (HOH, and higher end shops. the "be seen" mall) CPK, Chipotle, Grand Luxe Cafe -the women are bougie but oh so fine.
Baldwin Hills (If you need something from Walmart and want to get a girl same day pregnant)- Women range from fine *** ratchets to straight out ratchets)

Valley visiting? Topanga
SouthBay visiting? Southbay and Del Amo. Both have theaters and plenty of food options.

If you want to see Mexican and Latina women primarily go to the Citadel in commerce or the Montebello Mall
If you find yourself further south east in the downey area...go to Lakewood
If you're into Philipinas and other Asiatic females go to Cerritos Mall.
If you're into the Middle Eastern delights you go to Glendale Galleria/Americana and Burbank.
im likin these mall breakdowns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom