Air Jordan 5 OG “Black Metallic” Returning 2025 !

Newer retros will always trump the older versions for me. Why? Because I wear my shoes. Unlike some of you, who only break out shoes for the IG flex and NT debates about the slant of the toeboxes. A fresh pair is always better than my worn pair.

And for the record - taking pics of you wearing the shoes while you’re inside your house doesn’t qualify as wearing them. Y’all embarrassing yourselves in the WDYWT thread with that. Lol

2016 toe shape wasn’t great but it’s been worse on all 5s since then. Even given recent improvements to 3s, 4s, and 13s, blindly assuming this 2025 release will be better than 2016 is a huge leap of faith. Plenty of other Jordan molds are worse now than the dark days of 2006-2014.

Newer retros will always trump the older versions for me. Why? Because I wear my shoes. Unlike some of you, who only break out shoes for the IG flex and NT debates about the slant of the toeboxes. A fresh pair is always better than my worn pair.

And for the record - taking pics of you wearing the shoes while you’re inside your house doesn’t qualify as wearing them. Y’all embarrassing yourselves in the WDYWT thread with that. Lol
I feel the same way generally, though nothing wrong with wearing your shoes inside imo. But yea I can’t spend this much on shoes and not wear them (multiples are the exception ofc but I intend to wear those one day after I beat the first pair).

Am I here just in time before the remastered boyz start clowning on the OG heads for still keeping their 2016 pairs? What will the new heads get triggered about this time? The tongue length? Toe shape? I’m sure they will start to trickle in from the Bred 4s and black cement 3s thread.

Tuned in to find out :smokin

White laces

IMG_0047.gif

^^2016 sucked dude. Looking down on them was like dump trucks or something man. Totally removed any and all Tinker shape from the equation. Didn’t look like Air Jordan’s at all.

I didn’t love the 2006 release, but at least I could take the Birds Eye view on those.

Somebody just post the link to the 2016 retro thread and read the comments, they were gushing over that release months after RD, and people talking about copping multiples etc. The evidence is there lol.

I'm not holding out hope for anything going back to "OG specs", it's never going back to that in any form or fashion imo, so I been stop expecting it, whether it's shape bigger air bubbles etc. Nike/JB are like "you're gonna take these retros, pay the increase and like it", complaints be damned. Just vote with your wallet as usual. Buying, then getting mad and re-selling the shoe doesn't count either lol.

Tongue on latest retro 5s suck balls. Horribly stiff. I had the 2000 blk mets and 1999 grey tongues they were pillowy soft. I assume it was the same for the originals in 1990.

In 2006, someone at Nike decided to make em hard and stiff and it’s been like that ever since.

Bring back the soft tongue Nike tf

Last edited:
Reflective material they’ve been using for a little while has been cheeks, that goes for all pairs. 5s, pennys, 13s, 6s, etc… BUT it reflects really bright, so I guess that’s a small plus.

That was my biggest gripe on the 2016s. Held off on buying for a while, but ended up caving. No regrets.

Back
Top Bottom