Air Jordan 5 Retro 'Fire Red' 2013 Vol: No 23

Jordan's are junk, they always been junk. They are nice looking shoes from a design standpoint, but they are junk. I remember the OG 14's I had back in 1999, my wht/blk/blue pair had 2 different soles. Even the original 10s that had the reverse jumpman depending on what Nike factory made them was actually a defect come to think of it. No quality control what so ever.

Last edited:
Jordan's are junk, they always been junk. They are nice looking shoes from a design standpoint, but they are junk. I remember the OG 14's I had back in 1999, my wht/blk/blue pair had 2 different soles. Even the original 10s that had the reverse jumpman depending on what Nike factory made them was actually a defect come to think of it. No quality control what so ever.
5's (and many J's) are artwork that you can wear. Fabulous design that was groundbreaking 20+ years ago and still hasn't been matched for pure aesthetic beauty. These shoes will still last alot longer than my $160 Max Airs or $160 Mizuno Wave Creations, or (enter your shoe here). I understand this is a forum, and you can piss and moan all you want. But "junk" these will never be...

Another off centered jumpman victim........ >:
And should've gone a half size down as well........ :frown:
Let's hope I can find a sz 10.5 in retail......... :D
you know the head is supposed to be in the center and not the ball right? Pure comedy

From a quality standpoint there's shoes better in quality than Jordans these days no doubt but that don't bother me I'm just happy I can get the shoes I wanted that I couldn't afford as a kid. I was too young to get these when they released in 1990 now I got them and I'm satisfied :smokin

that jumpman looks fine to me. Mine looked the same but one side of shoe is smashed down from being in box. Open it up or put the shoe on it will look centered

Probably because they have fashion sense and realize that they are being "had" by inferior products that are never TTS etc. My Thunders came to me and the midsole was coming detached out of the box.

The reason is that most europeans dont live out the hype much compared to americans or asians.
Also, the amount of jordan fans are less.

So i Just traded my pair of thse Fire Red 5's for a pair of DS Olympic 7's. So I will be looking for another pair soon. I just figured that trade made sense...

Greetings all. Been out of the sneaker game since 2002. Got back in about a year ago so need some help with these newer retro releases.

So I ordered a size 12 of these 2013 V's from FinishLine and bought a size 11.5 from a local mom n pop shop. Here's my question: the tongue on the size 12's (from Finishline) is bigger and taller than the tongue on my size 11.5 (from local shop). The Jumpman logo on the tongue is also noticeably larger on size 12 than on size 11.5. And the mesh netting on the side of size 12 also appears to be bigger than on size 11.5. Another difference is that the ridges on the tongue right below the Jumpman are more defined and deeper on size 12.  Now I know that 1/2 a size difference in a shoe should not vary the overall look of the sneaker, I'm just wondering is this something that typically happens with these newer releases, is this a manufacturing defect or is it possible that my local sporting goods store sold me a variant or a defective product or some early prototype release of this sneaker. Pictures included below. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.   

Size 12 on the outside, both 11.5 on the inside

11.5 on the left 12 on the right

12 on the left, 11.5 on the right

size 12 near, and 11.5 behind it

12 on the left, 11.5 on the right (plastic netting looks much bigger on size 12)

size 12 next to 11.5

Was able to get two pairs at retail. Kind of fatigued from my issues with FNL and failing on NDC. This was definitely a Good GR, hopefully, everyone who wanted one got a pair.

Hopefully, the Grapes are just as easy but knowing Nike, smh.

I ended up getting 5 pairs myself. 1 on Nike, 2 on Eastbay, 1 at a Champs and 1 at a FinishLine. Also got an infant and toddler size for a little one we dont have yet. 
glasses.gif

The 5s were my favorite of all Jordans with the FR being my favorite color way. Love them.

I ended up getting 5 pairs myself. 1 on Nike, 2 on Eastbay, 1 at a Champs and 1 at a FinishLine. Also got an infant and toddler size for a little one we dont have yet. 
glasses.gif

The 5s were my favorite of all Jordans with the FR being my favorite color way. Love them.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

damn... got a size 10.5 but it fits too big:frown::frown:

The quality is a lot better than i thought though..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom