Air Jordan 5 Retro 'Fire Red' 2013 Vol: No 23

also im sure this has been answered but why did they remove the 23? just curious it doesnt matter to me i still bought them

lovn this retro box! cant wait to get off work my bro is picking mine up with a gaurenteed ticket for my 9.5!

also im sure this has been answered but why did they remove the 23? just curious it doesnt matter to me i still bought them
If MJ can wear a pair without the 23, I'm ok with my pair. 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Struck out online this morning because my first priority was the Oregon Turf Jets (Which I was able to get).  Strolled into my local DTLR around 1pm and walked out with my size.  They still had plenty of sizes in both Crimson and Memphis Penny V's, as well as BHM Lebrons and KD's.  

The V's are really nice in person...I wasn't able to get the CDP pair when they came out

So are these officially fire reds or varsity reds? Because on the early pics the shade of red was the typical darker varsity red (like the 2012 fire red 4 which were actually varsity reds too).

is it weird that this is the only pair of jordans im ever going to wear that i bought, and even then its only around my house on rug and hard wood floor?

shoes are like stamps to me.... i collect them things

Congrats on the carpet cleaning shoes

Last edited:
Picked up a pair from work this morning, and here's some comparison pics with my CDP pair.
Sorry for all the pics.
CDP left, '13 right.
2qcp6s4.jpg

1j2a2t.jpg

110b1w0.jpg

oktp3a.jpg

Overall, I'm happy with these and glad that I only had to pay $118 for 'em.
Looks like everybody that wanted them got 'em too. :nthat:

Your seriously happy with that shiny pleather? Your CDPs look 10 times better than these crappy plastics

Lol at vacuum cleaning shoes. For real man you gotta rock your ****, if you hold on to retros like these they just lose value since theyll probably get retroed again in 3 or 4 years (less it seems these days) and you dont wanna die with a closet full of unworn kicks on some hoarder **** lol

I've found sizing on Jordan's to be a little bit all over the place. I think if you wear a bigger size, like a 13, it's probably more consistent but mid-range sizes seem to always be a little off. Only copped 5 pairs of Jordans in the last few years:

CDP XI and XII pack: Copped a half-size up and the XI's were still tight and extremely uncomfortable, XII's were noticeably big. Not HUGE but my true size 10 would have been good.

True Blue III's: went down a half size on these and I don't regret it, but they're just a tiny bit snug. I knew I'd be wearing the laces loose on these. A size 10 would fit fine if I were tying them up.

White Cement IV's: got a half size down and I'm glad I did. They would have been noticeably too big in my true size 10.

Bordeaux VII's: Went half size down and they're good, almost still a little bit loose.

I heard the Black Cement IV's fit more true to size or even a little snug in some cases. I just wish they could keep some consistency in the sizing, considering they sell so many pairs online.

Lol at vacuum cleaning shoes. For real man you gotta rock your ****, if you hold on to retros like these they just lose value since theyll probably get retroed again in 3 or 4 years (less it seems these days) and you dont wanna die with a closet full of unworn kicks on some hoarder **** lol

this rock your kicks !!!

I've found sizing on Jordan's to be a little bit all over the place. I think if you wear a bigger size, like a 13, it's probably more consistent but mid-range sizes seem to always be a little off. Only copped 5 pairs of Jordans in the last few years:

CDP XI and XII pack: Copped a half-size up and the XI's were still tight and extremely uncomfortable, XII's were noticeably big. Not HUGE but my true size 10 would have been good.

True Blue III's: went down a half size on these and I don't regret it, but they're just a tiny bit snug. I knew I'd be wearing the laces loose on these. A size 10 would fit fine if I were tying them up.

White Cement IV's: got a half size down and I'm glad I did. They would have been noticeably too big in my true size 10.

Bordeaux VII's: Went half size down and they're good, almost still a little bit loose.

I heard the Black Cement IV's fit more true to size or even a little snug in some cases. I just wish they could keep some consistency in the sizing, considering they sell so many pairs online.

I can usually fit a 9.5 in all of them. But the Metallic 5s I have I feel like I should have gone 1/2 down lol, they were a little long.

So to the folks who copped in-store today---what's the verdict on the quality?  

If you own the WC 4s from last year, then the quality is the exact same.

Stiff/harder leather than the other 4s of that year.

Has a bit of a shine to the leather.

However, craftsmanship was perfect on my pair.

No extra threads, scratches or glue anywhere.

got mine .. and more

hype in the mall for em and imho they are nicer in person than i thought they would be ...

the thirst is real, 100 pages

Back
Top Bottom