Air Jordan 5 Retro 'Fire Red' 2013 Vol: No 23

So to the folks who copped in-store today---what's the verdict on the quality?  
The quality of the leather is superb. No tumbled look, thank god! Hardly no glue stains and the paint is clean.

Finally held these in my hands today. The craftsmanship was ON POINT. No crazy glue stains, scuffs, crazy paint mistakes, etc. I have to say that I was impressed. But that "leather" though? I gotta disagree....that isn't quality material man. Maybe compared to other recent Jordan retros it is, but that isn't saying much. Compare it to the leather used on a Nike retro like the QS SC IIs and it really is lacking.

That said, I'm not even mad at folks copping and being excited. They look GREAT. They just don't suit my tastes as far as feel goes. Too stiff and plastic-feeling for $170ish after taxes, IMO. Came home and promptly canceled my NBAStore order, so look out for a sz 11 on there.

Got my pair relatively easy yesterday, just walked in to fl and got my size no crazy line, raffle, or whatever. I'm sorta surprised.

Man cant wait for these! My boy ended up grabbing my pair cuz I had to work. Excited to see for myself about quality, I kinda figure & am used to the recent qt

I was going to cop these yesterday.  The leather on these!!!!! Im sorry guys but the leather is terrible! I couldnt pay 172$ for these.

I was rockin jays when half of y'all were buster brownin and hittin fayva up for lite up la gears. As far as V's, the quality IS GOOD! The last release it was like newspaper, these seem more sturdy.... No hate tho

Champs Yardline in Wayne, NJ. Just sitting there...ridiculously easy release.

hate to be a bearer of bad news but of course he will say that. It's obvious that he never owned a pair of older retro 5s due to age or being new. I would too if I were in his situation

No hate. :D
Name 1 flaw

The quality of the leather is subpar.

Granted I still copped, but wish it was softer.

Oh well.

Btw, I know the Grapes will be the same type leather and those will be copped also.

:smile:

hate to be a bearer of bad news but of course he will say that. It's obvious that he never owned a pair of older retro 5s due to age or being new. I would too if I were in his situation

No hate. :D

Hate to break it to you kids...Jordan's have always had "workmanship" issues. Dating back to my first pair, which just happen to be grape 5's in 1990. Then I didnt get any until the 9's in 94. I remember the "23" on the back of my 9's were slanted horribly. I remember all the 11s I had cracked at the toe because of how thick the patent leather was instead of the creases you kids complain about and the inconsistent cut of the leather is nothing new to retros. I remember the jordan tab on my white and red 13s came upside down and the cover on the hologram fell off. Just because something is older, don't make it better. Get over it. Half the people here bought OGs second or even third hand...so how could you down another member?

So if the early release pairs have the "TWENTYTHIRTEEN" on them, what was the purpose of it?

I'm sure there's a reason.

I favor black tongues more than the 3m tongue fire red v's, having said that I still appreciate all og colored v's...just not the usual quality

Last edited:
Went to HOH Orlando today and they still have some.. Also Champs close to it, if anyone's interested.

:nerd: what?!

Wonder if the dudes passing on these for the "black tongues" are the same dudes that passed on the black/red 13s for lack of reflective side panels?

Alot of dudes didnt pick them up after the rsvp here in Santa Monica. I stopped by and took a look and kept it moving,. Just didnt care for these much. they were cool, but i didnt need them. I also didnt get black/red 13s, but not because of lack of 3m. I just wasnt feeling them either, and 13's are my favorites.

Not trying to jump the gun or anything but does anybody think these "sitting around" is a sign some of the JB hype is fading, or is it just this release?

^
the toebox on the new ones is messed up
same thing they did with the 4 retro...front should be sleek & slide over toes not boxy at a right angle
i think the toebox difference is what makes new ones identifiable from old ones at a distance

but still an awesome shoe & great idea to retro individually (& with no #23)

Back
Top Bottom