Air Jordan 5 Retro 'Fire Red' 2013 Vol: No 23

Its a stamp or whathaveyou thats inside the shoes. Cant pinpoint, cuz I havent looked honestly. But I believe it's to differentiate between fakes/b grades/authentic pairs.
Correct me if I'm wrong anyone.
I asked this in the grape thread because I plan to cop early.
I can't confirm the reasoning behind the utilization of it, but its located on the tongue edges, stamped vertically along the length of the tongue and sits right below the lace thread holes so its not immediately visible. 

For those still looking, I just checked finishline's mobile site and they have a 10 and 12 on there. I need an 8 or 8.5 =[

So whats the general consensus with the quality of these versus the CDP version? What I find funny is that the Fusion version of these (and most other Fusion Jordans) the quality was insane compared to the versions we get now.

Might as well throw your money in the trash... Or Paypal it to me :tongue:

Nice pics homie.

Got one of my pairs in from DSG today. Impressed.
I'm more impressed with the hardwood (PAUSE).  Please tell me that's photoshopped.  
nerd.gif

They're alright the problem nowadays is that the leather is painted white not true treated white leather. **** chips so easily, noticed it on the 2012 4/s at first. These however seem more sturdy and less likely to chip. Cop em if you want em, they are the V's after all. Looking forward to the Grapes so I can give my 06's a rest.

I wouldn't count on these restocking after they eventually sell out. I remember somebody stating earlier in this thread that this would be a true GR & all the pairs that were produced would be shipped out come RD. I believe they said the only reason we have been getting restocks is because they've only been shipping part of the pairs they produce on RD & shipping the rest on a random date.

Got mine today, always wanted these when I was a Kid, now I can afford them and they are quality. Thanks Eastbay lol I saw the twenty thirteen stamp on the tongue. Sweet

Last edited:
I think the "Twenty Thirteen" is to differentiate it from past retros... maybe as a collector's thing.
Probably the same reason that none of the retros are the same from previous versions. There's always at least a minor difference.
At least from the ones I know of. If this is true, it makes sense to me because they do this in almost everything that's collectible worthy.
Re-released comic books, clothing, books... just a thought.

Still able to check out most sizes...
If only most releases were like this. You could come right before the  store closes on release day and get a pair in your size.... Some stores still have pairs, unlike most Jordan releases which sell out almost instantly on release. If you searched it wouldn't be too hard to get a pair of these for about retail. 

iam not rocking these kicks keeping them DS, any idea how to keep the souls from yellowing even though they blue tint my DS concords did yellow,so guys any tips?

iam not rocking these kicks keeping them DS, any idea how to keep the souls from yellowing even though they blue tint my DS concords did yellow,so guys any tips?
what I do is put a tiny amount of sea glow, just enough to coat the sole, then wrap the box with cling wrap, not the shoes, the box. Concords are still pretty icey considering I wore them 3 times.

Back
Top Bottom