Air Jordan 5 Retro Grape NRG - Fresh Prince

Im pretty sure jazzy jeff got the gold f&f pair.

350x700px-LL-0c374b4a_tumblr_m3qcqlkXa51qj47y6.gif

You do know that's Alfonso Ribeiro (Carlton) that is holding the pair in the photo

That pair was given to the woman on the left. She was the winner of the contest
Carlton asked how many were made and will said 23 lol he was thinking about the gold pair prolly nerves all over the place before the huge fall. Surprised this wasn't on tv it had a nice set up

Honestly I cannot believe they didnt do a special box for these, especially how hyped up nike made this who will smith birthday release, and they give us a STOCK box, WTF nike

It is kinda like an easter egg, they could of did some other things with it but they left the places where the holes would be

When they were all sitting around the table discussing this shoe, they knew damn well there would be disappointed ppl with the non lace treatment

Keep in mind they are not catering to the adults anymore, sure we get OG metallic v's and maroons, but look at all the gimmicky colorway shoes we've been getting

It is what it is, dont know if ill be punching out holes in my pair, gotta see how they look on others first

All I ask at this point is to do the white/neutral grey 1 with OG treatment, and those seamless white/black 14 samples, they can do whatever they want just give me those 2 shoes lol

Honestly I cannot believe they didnt do a special box for these, especially how hyped up nike made this who will smith birthday release, and they give us a STOCK box, WTF nike
They put some nice touches on these like the insoles and Nike written on the bottom instead of Jordan, I’ll take it

They put some nice touches on these like the insoles and Nike written on the bottom instead of Jordan, I’ll take it

Not going against the point of your post at all but I dont think they would put Jordan on the sole and NA on the back (anymore- I know the 88's had it).

Man i refuse to believe they made these so you can punch holes in them? Why? Jb gonna have random folks messing up their kicks trying to punch holes in them lol. It makes no sense. They didn't even include lace locks or laces.

When have you ever had to punch holes in sneakers to add laces?

Last edited:
Man i refuse to believe they made these so you can punch holes in them? Why? Jb gonna have random folks messing up their kicks trying to punch holes in them lol. It makes no sense. They didn't even include lace locks or laces.

When have you ever had to punch holes in sneakers to add laces?

They didn’t. You have to remember we’re in NT, we’re not representative of the general population. The normal consumer isn’t going to try and customize their sneaker, especially if there’s a strong possibility of ruining them.

They didn’t. You have to remember we’re in NT, this isn’t real life.

Exactly, people will damage these shoes doing this. The 5's have plastics around the lace holes for a reason, you will wind up with a ****ty looking pair of shoes if you punch them in the long run.

On another note, I’m rocking my pair and they’re so tight on the top of my left foot. I really hope they break in, and quickly.

On another note, I’m rocking my pair and they’re so tight on the top of my left foot. I really hope they break in, and quickly.

My right is bigger than my left by just a tad so I hope I don't have the opposite problem. They show up tomorrow.

Hecka tight and not feeling how resrictive they are mid foot. Otherwise liking the og look

Pics? Also, this is what I was saying the issue will be. If you're a wide foot guy or heavier set these will not look or feel right. You may not even be able to get these on feet with or without smushing the back of the shoe down. You may not be able to get them on feet at all. It's not as easy as punching holes and calling it a day. Cooker has the resources to have it done professionally and without flaw. This gimmicky release is one of the lamest things ever. I love Will but these 5s are trash. It's disappointment this idea and rollout even came to fruition.

in a few weeks, we gonna start seeing pics of peoples pairs with janky stretched out lace holes due to the fact that they took franks advice and just holepunched....u gotta put support there for it to hold up longterm.

All the people complaining about worn out lace holes and stretching the Lace holes are a little funny to me. I don’t choke my shoes let alone tie my 5s that’s what the lace locks are for. Most normal ppl won’t notice the plastic missing and if you casually wear these there’s nothing to worry about. A lot of ppl panic because they can’t customize shoes.

I watched Seth Fowler complain for 10 mins about not having laces while someone like Retrosnickers, John Monalo Vick or Sneakerheadinthebay are going to do the hole punch tutorial. They might even glue some plastic lace reinforcements on.

I’ve collected shoes for years and Jordan brand quality was so trash that I learned to fix factory issues. THIS IS JUST A FACTORY ISSUE to me.

Back
Top Bottom