Air Jordan 6 DMP "Black/Metallic Gold" April 18, 2020 | Price: $200

Releases were bad quality for the most part, OGs were bastardized (wrong material on Bred 12s, releasing 13s with no 3M, Jumpman Air), the beginning of packages and crazy price inflation etc. At least hype hadn't peaked yet, and resell was reasonable. I was in Middle and High School for this era.

When you guys say the dark times what you mean by that ? I wasn’t copping kicks around that time

shoes took a huge turn from 05-09
Those HORRIBLE AF1 x 12 etc fusion Jordan’s
They were running out of ideas, there was some dope shoes sprinkled in the mix but after the release of the space jams for me shoes were never the same
after that shoes weren’t the same anymore

I’ve always been a fan but I slowly moved to LeBrons more around 2010
My last Jordan purchase was the 2011 Cardinal 7s which I traded for a pair of Concords then eventually traded those same concords for a pair of South Beach 8s

Still remember the DMP release in oxon hill where dudes where getting robbed at gun point when they left the store to walk back to their car. Will cop a pair for nostalgia. Will wait for the XI to release someday

Dark times, I was in HS now there was a few solid drops in between

Tour Yellow 4s
Green bean, olives, burgundy, grape, stealths, laser 5s
Peapod 8s aquas men/women

Man.....don’t remind us of those flu games and 13s with no 3M ?

you are missing a few
CG 3
Mist blue 4
Unc 5
Citrus 7
Chambray 7
Flint 7

once the packages starting dropping in 2008, I went on a hiatus on the newer retros.... only copped 2005 retros and below

you are missing a few
CG 3
Mist blue 4
Unc 5
Citrus 7
Chambray 7
Flint 7

once the packages starting dropping in 2008, I went on a hiatus on the newer retros.... only copped 2005 retros and below

man remember me and my boy walked about 3 miles to our local shop to get the UNC 5s
We slowly finessed our way to the front of the line I’m holding the door and I’m like when this door opens I’m the first one in

these fools come out a back way and started to pass out tickets so if you’re at the end of the line you got em
I was beyond pissed

mist blues were nice wouldn’t mind having CG 3s today

citrus wasn’t bad but that permanent marker black suede was horrible after they aged

man but one shoe that strangely crosses my mind was those HORRIBLE low top brown and pink 8s
They remind me of the candy Charleston chew and I HATE those ?

what was the quality on the packs that dropped? cdp packs, dmp packs......

never copped any cuz of prices. but looking back now, they were steals lol

nice shoe, but the fact is that the pack in 06 was the 1st of it's kind and is what made this shoe so the legend it has become. not to mention the real shoe everyone wanted was the 11s. I'm good on these, but I remember 1/28/06 like it was yesterday... my little brother (R.I.P.) called me 1st thing in the am like, "Its DMP day!" i had $300 to my name and wound up passing. it wasnt long before I regretted it, but that was alot of money for a pack back then, or so it seemed. there was no way to know the packs would blow up in value the way they did.

looking back at it i do agree that those were dark times for releases but burgundy and olive 5s are classics to me i still rock my pairs same goes with flint 7s always get complements on those

Late 2000s was an awful time for JB, I like totally switched to nike b-ball shoes at that time. Nike was dropping some good stuff then at least to make up for JB.

Still remember the DMP release in oxon hill where dudes where getting robbed at gun point when they left the store to walk back to their car. Will cop a pair for nostalgia. Will wait for the XI to release someday
I remember hearing about that on here...
I'm sure I'll cop a pair of these new ones. It's hard to pass on a simple colorway 6

D5D62579-3332-4F6C-A176-5823AC10DC24.jpeg
Found this booklet today.. NT was going nuts around this release. Back then NT had all the release dates and pics on one thread. I was in the 11th grade. I had a $1000 saved and wanted two. My people back then thought this sneaker hobby was a phase I was going through and wasn’t having that. 13 years later and I’m still glued to this site. But could bought one and sold one. Flight club was selling packs for like $1200 and could of recouped my money back. Even though we’re a half size small, I wore them until they turned to dust. When the concords came out in2011 I wore them to the release and damn near broke the whole crowds neck. Dudes was like why you in line you got em already.. I’m getting my pair in Jan. But if they release the dmp 11 again. I hope they got Jordan on the eyelets sorry for the long post

Hoping for a disco.. thats only because my 06 pair is pretty fresh minus the gold JM on the tongue crackling away.

Whelp as I forecasted, dummy boy Gentry puts a blue clear sole on these. like how dumb of a person can you be to put that color on a black and gold shoe. I hate JB

Back
Top Bottom