Air Jordan 7 “Flint Grey “ Spring 2021

Love my pair.
5F608AD1-42F7-4A8A-9744-7C24718CFA83.jpeg

The truth is these were garbage as OGs. The colorway never made sense. We were just dumb youngins who fell for the retro+ gimmick and we wanted every release no matter what and we didn't know any better. So now as grown men, it's easy to identify trash and pass on it.
This was the era of Peapods and Green Beans JB was going crazy

I bought these again, I have to say the dark shade of grade is exactly the reason I sold them... I had put sneaker cleaner on them when I originally had them and they turned that dark shade and I panicked sold them in HS and then ran to buy them again but they were sold out... this new retro just does not match what they were... this is the first time I am actually disappointed by a JB product, oh well.

I bought these again, I have to say the dark shade of grade is exactly the reason I sold them... I had put sneaker cleaner on them when I originally had them and they turned that dark shade and I panicked sold them in HS and then ran to buy them again but they were sold out... this new retro just does not match what they were... this is the first time I am actually disappointed by a JB product, oh well.
Lighten the nubuck like that other dude did.

*First time doing this so I don't know how well it will hold up over time*

This is what I used,

Screenshot_20210522-111633_Chrome.jpg

Rosin Bag Technique
"The rosin bag method is the most effective way to lighten suede. You can purchase rosin bags from many sporting goods stores. These bags contain a powder made from a plant extract, and are intended for use to enhance hand grip in sports such as tennis, baseball, and rock climbing. The powder works by absorbing moisture.

To lighten suede, simply pat the bag all over the fabric, and brush excess powder from the surface using a suede brush"

I suggest to do one layer at a time but make sure to count the amount applied to match each shoe.

Don't over do it, less is more.

The rosin powder goes everywhere so be sure to do it outside or near a window.

20210521_190332.jpg

As you can see it doesn't damage the suede

20210522_114952_1.gif

Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 16.59.18.png

Got my pair in from Stockx. Very happy with how they fit and feel. And the quality too. Great retro and slept on IMO. Made me love the VII again (the Bordeaux were my first ever Jordans in '92). Had the Citrus in '06 and I hated the fit and shape (sold them). These feel and look like how I remember the OG.

Did a lace swap with some laces I bought on Amazon. Shoe definitely looks MUCH better in my opinion.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 630
I dunno why but I feel the 7's are one of those Jordans that look more clean loosely untied compared to them being tied. I also feel having them loosely untied make them look less long on feet. What do you guys think?

7s are def one of the more unlaced-friendly AJs..

Back
Top Bottom