Air Jordan 7 Retro “Hare” - May 16, 2015

My pair showed up with flaws, as expected. Here's how my chat with Nike went...

Joseph : Hi, my name is Joseph. How may I help you?
Stephen: So I buy a pair of Jordan 7 Hares from Finish Line, they come riddled with defects.
Stephen: Is Jordan Brand serious with this nonsense?
Stephen: These were supposed to be part of a "remastered series"
Stephen: AKA a wake to sell the same lesser quality product for a higher markup

Right there I would have closed the chat with you. What would everything you're saying have to do with me in regards to JB?

-A FNL rep doesn't care about "remastered" series

- They only sell the product. Not make it

Lmao After this chat, that dude Joseph probably put himself on aux and made himself a coffee Kermit style...."but that's none of my business"

My pair showed up with flaws, as expected. Here's how my chat with Nike went...

Joseph : Hi, my name is Joseph. How may I help you?

Stephen: So I buy a pair of Jordan 7 Hares from Finish Line, they come riddled with defects.

Stephen: Is Jordan Brand serious with this nonsense?

Stephen: These were supposed to be part of a "remastered series"

Stephen: AKA a wake to sell the same lesser quality product for a higher markup

Joseph: Hi Stephen, I can definitely take your feedback on this! I do apologize for any defects your shoe has come with. Would you like me to get you our claims info so you can return them for a refund?

Stephen: I'm not looking for a refund

Stephen: I'm looking for accountability

Stephen: JB is taking advantage of people

Stephen: I have thousands of dollars worth of shoes from both Nike and JB

Stephen: this is an insult

Joseph: Well I can definitely let my team know your feedback on this. We expect the best from our products and I can assure you we take your feedback very seriously!

Stephen: I'm not sure they do, though

Stephen: I can't even tell you how many times this has happened to me now

Stephen: this remastered series was supposed to change things

Stephen: but it didn't

Joseph: I totally understand where you are coming from. I do apologize for this Stephen, I have informed my team of this!

Stephen: Now what do I get for having to deal with this?

Stephen: I mean, if I send them back, then I have no chance at having a colorway I've long sough after

Stephen: but keeping them means I took an L, and JB wins

Stephen: "Every pair produced under the Retro Remaster regime will pass through over 100 sets of hands before it gets boxed up and unleashed to eager sneaker consumers at retail. As the shoes go from one step of the intricate process to the next, each person that handles them wears white cotton gloves to keep the product as pristine as possible. Whether it’s cutting materials, lining up edges, or molding the shape, everything has to be absolutely perfect before it can get the green light to move on to the next stage of production."

Stephen: this is a flat-out lie

Stephen: http://sneakernews.com/2014/08/29/r...s-inside-air-jordan-retro-remaster-program/2/

Stephen: "Whether it’s cutting materials, lining up edges, or molding the shape, everything has to be absolutely perfect before it can get the green light to move on to the next stage of production."

Stephen: If that were true, my shoes wouldn't have creased midsoles, glue stains, small stains on the leather, holes that weren't fully punched

Joseph: Well we are sold out of this model at the moment, I was unable to get a pair myself. But I can help you get a full refund for them through our claims department. I'm very sorry about this Stephen. I will be sure to let multiple departments know of the flaws!

Stephen: does Jordan Brand even bother with B-grading anymore?

Stephen: at least you'd get them at a discount price if you managed to obtain a pair

Stephen: then it wouldn't be as insulting after dropping over $200 on a pair of shoes

Joseph: As far as the B-grading goes, this model does not. But I can definitely understand your frustration Stephen. If you are unsatisfied with our products we will gladly take them back for a refund. I know that is not the route you want to go, but we hate for you to keep something you are unhappy with.

Stephen: I hate to send something back that I'll be unable to obtain again

Stephen: wow, so you're telling me they didn't B-grade a single pair of these?

Joseph: Totally understandable, but B-Grade merchandise is only available at Nike Factory Stores. If you are interested in seeing if they are available you can contact your local store. But as far as Nike.com goes, we don't have any left at this time.

Stephen: Right, but what I'm trying to say is that I find it doubtful B-grades exist if my pair and plenty of others I've seen were able to pass inspection to the general retail market.

Joseph: Well I have sent your feedback on this directly to my launch team as well as my operations team. I personally am unaware of any B-grades in existence as well. I do know we don't have them on Nike.com though.

Joseph: Would you like the claims info just in case you change your mind?

Stephen: nah

Stephen: I just want Jordan Brand to stop messing with its customers

Joseph: Totally get it, I will be sure to make sure my team gets its eyes on the feedback I sent up. Was there anything else I could assist you with today Stephen?

Stephen: That'll be all, thanks.

Joseph: No problem at all, have a great rest of your day! Thanks for chatting in with me today!

Lmao After this chat, that dude Joseph probably put himself on aux and made himself a coffee Kermit style...."but that's none of my business"

I'm saying tho.... We gotta keep quoting the whole chat?
mean.gif

I understand ppl being mad about paying 200+ for shoes that are defected but lets keep it real yall act like the og jordans came perfect out of the box everything. I have brought plenty of og 's back in the 90's with defects its nothing new, ppl didnt care really bc we balled in our shoes.

Then Jordan Brand should've been more careful about how they marketed this remastered series BS. False advertisement is illegal...

"Every pair produced under the Retro Remaster regime will pass through over 100 sets of hands before it gets boxed up and unleashed to eager sneaker consumers at retail. As the shoes go from one step of the intricate process to the next, each person that handles them wears white cotton gloves to keep the product as pristine as possible. Whether it’s cutting materials, lining up edges, or molding the shape, everything has to be absolutely perfect before it can get the green light to move on to the next stage of production."

I understand ppl being mad about paying 200+ for shoes that are defected but lets keep it real yall act like the og jordans came perfect out of the box everything. I have brought plenty of og 's back in the 90's with defects its nothing new, ppl didnt care really bc we balled in our shoes.
This. Honestly boggles my mind as to why people complain about this stuff man. I get people spend money on these shoes and they want them to be perfect but these things are massed produced and made by hand in China :lol: some pairs are gonna be bad and slip through QC because Nike/JB or any company won't waste that much effort on trying to examine all these shoes. They probably look through one pair of a few hundred batches and send them off to retailers and some of them are gonna be bad but what can you do. and to be real most people complaining about defects aren't really even defects just people blowing minor "flaws" out of proportion.

Idk man but I wouldn't be surprised if JB came out and said that not EVERY release falls under the 're-master' program, only select models.

Joseph probably just closed your window and forgot that the conversation ever happened, and to be fair he is just some minion answering the Live Chat, it isn't like HE had anything to do with the production and assembly. I feel your pain, though, my pair just arrived via UPS and I'm scared to open them because of fear of disappointment. I'm seriously scared to see what I paid $200+ for in a pair of sneakers. The 'remaster' really was as joke, I haven't seen any real discernible upgrades in the sneakers released since the 'remaster'. I'm sure they didn't B-Grade any pairs otherwise they wouldn't have had enough to meet the outrageous demand online. JB knows they can get away with it because the demand is literally built in to the market. Not only is that demand built in to the market now but that same demand and hype only grows with each release as more and more people enter the game.

I'm not saying it was his fault. It is however fault of the company he works for, and he's the middleman who has to report these issues. If no one speaks up, nothing will ever change.

This. Honestly boggles my mind as to why people complain about this stuff man. I get people spend money on these shoes and they want them to be perfect but these things are massed produced and made by hand in China :lol: some pairs are gonna be bad and slip through QC because Nike/JB or any company won't waste that much effort on trying to examine all these shoes. They probably look through one pair of a few hundred batches and send them off to retailers and some of them are gonna be bad but what can you do. and to be real most people complaining about defects aren't really even defects just people blowing minor "flaws" out of proportion.

Again, it's called false advertisement...

"Every pair produced under the Retro Remaster regime will pass through over 100 sets of hands before it gets boxed up and unleashed to eager sneaker consumers at retail. As the shoes go from one step of the intricate process to the next, each person that handles them wears white cotton gloves to keep the product as pristine as possible. Whether it’s cutting materials, lining up edges, or molding the shape, everything has to be absolutely perfect before it can get the green light to move on to the next stage of production."

lol i had some og bred 11's with holes in the in the p leather....

i remember getting in trouble for messing my shoes up at school the first day with em on.. i was like they came like that..... my dad came in and saved my life and said hes right they came messed up got a 25% off for it 

so og's do come messed up ..... at times tbh....

still they wont give u a disco now in days 

fyi the hole was small but on the toe box so noticable to say the least 

Shoutout to @MJO23DAN for providing another quality video comparison of the OG hares VS the 2015 retro. Im a fan of your videos brother i always look forward to your work by providing us true knowledge of Jordan memorabilia and of course his sneakers. Again thank you so much fam
nice comparison of the details, but would have liked to seen a comparison of the silhouettes/profiles and overall shape.

It's not false advertisement man that right there that you keep quoting is just PR talk which is mostly BS tbh. Other companies do the same thing besides Nike/JB to make people fall into the hype and continue to buy their products. There are gonna be errors espicially when these shoes are being mass produced that goes for anything mass produced and even OGs have had this problems it isn't anything new b

did they actually say that...... 

damn xbox or iphones or cars get inspected a 100 times before released my dude tbh.... damn sure plane parts maybe if a QC performance check at different phases of repair or development of an expensive or multi equipment but these  dang shoes are made by 2-3 hands and put on an Assembly line for shipment

QFT.

damn xbox or iphones or cars get inspected a 100 times before released my dude tbh.... damn sure plane parts maybe if a QC performance check at different phases of repair or development of an expensive or multi equipment but these  dang shoes are made by 2-3 hands and put on an Assembly line for shipment
No, Nike/Jordan Brand didn't say that quote directly. It was written by Aaron Kr, a writer for that snearkernews.com website.  I have as much trust in these sneaker websites as I do with The National Enquirer. 

Although it is upsetting that Jordan Brand promised their retros to be 'remastered' as close to the originals, I've always felt that It was a marketing scheme to try to justify their price increase and add demand/hype to their releases.

Finally the family 3 pack came in from eBay. I have a black smug on mines on the suede. First thing my wife said when she opened her box was... Where the hell is my green in the tongues looks like she been on my NY reading the feed as well.

No, Nike/Jordan Brand didn't say that quote directly. It was written by Aaron Kr, a writer for that snearkernews.com website.  I have as much trust in these sneaker websites as I do with The National Enquirer. 

Although it is upsetting that Jordan Brand promised their retros to be 'remastered' as close to the originals, I've always felt that It was a marketing scheme to try to justify their price increase and add demand/hype to their releases.
I think that the one thing that has been a step up from the 2015 retro releases is the leather that they are using on the sneakers.  It's definitely a step up in QUALITY of materials used compared to the 2012-2014 releases.  

The CRAFTSMANSHIP on the other hand is a whole other issue.  Glue stains, scuffs, creases, dirt... That's all problems when the sneakers is being built. And that has been a problem is Nike/Jordan Brand since the OG days.

This. Honestly boggles my mind as to why people complain about this stuff man. I get people spend money on these shoes and they want them to be perfect but these things are massed produced and made by hand in China
laugh.gif
some pairs are gonna be bad and slip through QC because Nike/JB or any company won't waste that much effort on trying to examine all these shoes. They probably look through one pair of a few hundred batches and send them off to retailers and some of them are gonna be bad but what can you do. and to be real most people complaining about defects aren't really even defects just people blowing minor "flaws" out of proportion.

how u gonna quote something that JB didnt even say? if u were really serious, u would have called Nike corporate or maybe JB corporate and filed a complaint there.

joseph probably didnt pass any info onto his team and just closed your chat and forgot about u afterwards lol

Nike said the remaster will come close to the originals as possible, so if the some of originals had defects why wouldnt some of the remaster jordans?

Back
Top Bottom