Air Jordan 7 Retro "Olympic Alternate" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

The shoes were on shelves. Last time I checked, as a customer, you're allowed to touch, smell, feel, try on, press, scratch, etc. before I hand over my hard earned money. Why would you blindly buy a shoe without testing out the product? It's a fingernail. It's not like I took a hacksaw to it. I didn't dig into the leather rather a scratch as if you were scratching an itch on your skin. I went to 2 stores and tested this. This was the result. If anything, the shoes should be recalled.
Smh. Damaging a shoe then leaving it for someone else to buy

seen them in person and they just look like a shoe you would find in the alley. i wouldent even buy them at the outlet. only if they were $60 haha

The shoes were on shelves. Last time I checked, as a customer, you're allowed to touch, smell, feel, try on, press, scratch, etc. before I hand over my hard earned money. Why would you blindly buy a shoe without testing out the product? It's a fingernail. It's not like I took a hacksaw to it. I didn't dig into the leather rather a scratch as if you were scratching an itch on your skin. I went to 2 stores and tested this. This was the result. If anything, the shoes should be recalled.

bout 100-130 tops

Wait, 

So you asked to see some shoes at FTL to only scratch them wit your Hard Nails 

hand them back to the store rep and passed??

Reallly???

You can try and spin it which ever way you want, you damaged the shoe with your nails and put it back on the shelf. Trying on a shoe or feeling the fabric is no way related to you scratching on the leather. Had I have been a sales rep and seen you do that you'd be buying them shoes or hit up for damaging property, shoes aren't on the shelf for people like you to stroll in and damage.

Hate idiots who feel entitlement to do as they please.

Last edited:
Bless your heart for not calling it "raptors".
One of the stupidest nicknames that someone gave a shoe. That was released before they were even a franchise. The second is the "candy cane" which doesn't even have the design of a candy cane.

Last edited:
One of the stupidest nicknames that someone gave a shoe. That was released before they were even a franchise. The second is the "candy cane" which doesn't even have the design of a candy cane.

The Dr. Doom foams are by FAR the stupidest nickname for a shoe... The colors don't even match Dr. Doom.

Last edited:

seen them in person and they just look like a shoe you would find in the alley. i wouldent even buy them at the outlet. only if they were $60 haha
$60 hahaha I don't think they're that bad I'd do $120 for a pair and use em for walking around town, going to the gym, playing ball and have the peace of mind that if I scuff them or **** them up I don't really care because they'd be bottom-tier and discounted. 

You can try and spin it which ever way you want, you damaged the shoe with your nails and put it back on the shelf. Trying on a shoe or feeling the fabric is no way related to you scratching on the leather. Had I have been a sales rep and seen you do that you'd be buying them shoes or hit up for damaging property, shoes aren't on the shelf for people like you to stroll in and damage.

Hate idiots who feel entitlement to do as they please.

You act as if this was malicious intent. Before you're quick to judge, perhaps you should do research. I'm not going to give you the quantum physics barometric pressure of a scratch I conducted on the leather but it is what it is. It was a simple scratch as if you were getting a speck of dirt off the toe. I'll put that on my collection and I've been a collector for a LONG time. For anyone that owns this pair I invite you to check your pairs and see how sensitive the synthetic leathers are. I'll guarantee the brush cleaners you use will scratch these things up quicker than a fingernail would. I put this out there as a consumer to show all of YOU that the materials are subpar. You want an honest review that's an honest review. You want to get at me for defective product you can blame Jordan Brand. People touch shoes all day, throw oils on them, damage boxes, try shoes on, crease them up, etc and you guys want to get at me for defective synthetics on something that's supposed to be "remastered?" Go ahead and waste your $190.

Last edited:

The Dr. Doom foams are by FAR the stupidest nickname for a shoe... The colors don't even match Dr. Doom.

Actually, and I agree the colors don't match up, Dr. Doom wasn't a random nickname for those...the foams were the Dr. Dooms of the Fantastic Four pack.

You're being irrational. I've been collecting 21 years and this is by far the worst Jordan flaw I've ever seen. Like I said it's rather easy to scuff the upper. Whether I'm informing the community here or not, that's up to you to digest but the Alternates damage easily and I think that's an important piece of information people should have before they make a choice to spend $190.
I'm Being IRRATIONAL??? 
laugh.gif

If you been collecting for 21years, I hope you OPT out n quit tomorrow!
You act as if this was malicious intent. Before you're quick to judge, perhaps you should do research. I'm not going to give you the quantum physics barometric pressure of a scratch I conducted on the leather but it is what it is. It was a simple scratch as if you were getting a speck of dirt off the toe. I'll put that on my collection and I've been a collector for a LONG time. For anyone that owns this pair I invite you to check your pairs and see how sensitive the synthetic leathers are. I'll guarantee the brush cleaners you use will scratch these things up quicker than a fingernail would. I put this out there as a consumer to show all of YOU that the materials are subpar. You want an honest review that's an honest review. You want to get at me for defective product you can blame Jordan Brand. People touch shoes all day, throw oils on them, damage boxes, try shoes on, crease them up, etc and you guys want to get at me for defective synthetics on something that's supposed to be "remastered?" Go ahead and waste your $190.
Only thing Defective is your Shopping Ethics!

Stay out my Liquor Store!

No Gin and Juice for you! 
laugh.gif

I'm on team no scratch as well.  Although technically you may be allowed to perform such test in a retail setting, I surmised the act to be frowned upon by many here.  

Personally, if I had damaged a product, I would call my own foul and let it be known to the retailer.  Despite being a display item, that shoe could have been sold.

Back
Top Bottom