air jordan 9

I heard some kid in my school call the white/black-true red 9s the playoff 9s. I wanted to flame him because Michael Jordan supposedly did not play an NBA gamewith these shoes but I could be wrong. Can anyone school me on why people insist on calling them playoff 9s. While you're at it explain to me why 8s arecalled bunnies? If anything the 7s are the bunnies (ie: the retro card and the original Air Jordan 7 commercial).

Some people call the 8's that because they think the straps are like bunny ears.

They are idiots though

Playoff 9's is also stupid - as you said he never wore those in the playoffs.They're not even the "playoff colorway" - the black version ofthe regular season shoe.

bunnies.. ny thing, cause the straps look like bunny ears... and 9 white/black/red aren't playoffs

i never heard anybody call the viii's bunnies. but i can understand the hares for the vii's due to the retro card w/bugs on it....

mutombo VIIIs hell naw
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 2pacalypsmNOW

i heared some people say the mutombo VIII's.
roll.gif
i hear bunnies in ny all the time it gets annoying because somepeople don't even know it by viii's they just know it by bunnies.

IF Mike wore those IX you mentioned, the would be the regular season IX. The Charcole IX would be the playoff IX since it was a black shoe. Mike wore whiteshoes during the regular season, and black shoes during the playoffs.

people like that have no knowledge of sneakers whatsoever

i remember some kid at my school called my ginger 14s fake because he never saw them before and all he wore were pradas...smh @ fake heads

mike never wore the og 9's. he did wear retros (cool grey) with his run on the wizards. 7's and 8's commericals with bugs bunny. 8's asmentioned before............. the straps if positioned a certain way became bunny ears.

Originally Posted by cycopth

mike never wore the og 9's. he did wear retros (cool grey) with his run on the wizards. 7's and 8's commericals with bugs bunny. 8's as mentioned before............. the straps if positioned a certain way became bunny ears.

Didnt he wear the OG IX's when he played baseball?

My only guess on why someone would EVER call the white/black IX's; "Playoff IX's"is because back in 1993 when the Bulls where in the playoffs, a newspaper broke out a picture of Mike running at practice. On his feet: White/black IX's.He was simply testing them out during practice. However, when the picture surfaced it created alot of hype because people saw MJ in something other than theVIII's. I'm sure Nike's phones were ringing off the hook.

2rgdl53.jpg

Bunny VIII's was acquired because of the whole Jordan/Bugs commercials. Yes, the VII's came first but he also wore the VIII's. It's alsoanother dumb nickname in which I refuse to use. EVER.

^^^ Hypebeasts call the 8's the Bunnies...they be like "awwww man u seem them playoff bunnies? those are heat!"..........calm down hypebeasts

Seriously, Mutombo?

"Playoffs" are confusing, just don't use them, PERIOD.
XII "Playoff", which one? Black/White-Red? Michael Jordan wore Black/Red during playoffs too.
XIII "Playoff", again, which one? Black/Yellow-White Red? Michael Jordan wore Black/Red during playoffs too.

Instead of flaming the kid for calling them "Playoff IX", try to tell them to stop using nicknames.

Originally Posted by drznumba1

I heard some kid in my school call the white/black-true red 9s the playoff 9s. I wanted to flame him because Michael Jordan supposedly did not play an NBA game with nines but I could be wrong.
He did wear 9s.... twice:

Versus Detroit:
1586282.jpg

Versus Boston:

1533693.jpg

^^ That does not make White/Black-Red the shoes that Michael wore in Playoffs.
But true, he wore those retros.

Originally Posted by ijapino

My only guess on why someone would EVER call the white/black IX's; "Playoff IX's" is because back in 1993 when the Bulls where in the playoffs, a newspaper broke out a picture of Mike running at practice. On his feet: White/black IX's. He was simply testing them out during practice. However, when the picture surfaced it created alot of hype because people saw MJ in something other than the VIII's. I'm sure Nike's phones were ringing off the hook.

2rgdl53.jpg

Bunny VIII's was acquired because of the whole Jordan/Bugs commercials. Yes, the VII's came first but he also wore the VIII's. It's also another dumb nickname in which I refuse to use. EVER.

Thanks for the pic ijapino ... I miss watching Mike ...

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

Originally Posted by drznumba1

I heard some kid in my school call the white/black-true red 9s the playoff 9s. I wanted to flame him because Michael Jordan supposedly did not play an NBA game with nines but I could be wrong.
He did wear 9s.... twice:

Versus Detroit:
1586282.jpg

Versus Boston:

1533693.jpg
there is nothing like seeing the shoes on jordans feet
now a days its easy to pass on alot of the shoes that are released but ,
back in the day if you seen jordan wearing a pair of shoes
there was no question you had to have them
no matter what they looked like or what people said about them you went out and got them

that was the good old days and i have to say i miss those times

Originally Posted by jphizz07

^^^ Hypebeasts call the 8's the Bunnies...they be like "awwww man u seem them playoff bunnies? those are heat!"..........calm down hypebeasts

ummm...i've been callin em bunnies since 1993
grin.gif

and thats definately been da case in NYC.

Back
Top Bottom