Air Jordan IV White/Cement 2012 Via Modern Notoriety Update **Nov 2nd 2011** 1st Page VOL ON POINT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by RV019

If they're tech greys, I'll probably just cop an OG pair

Stated so casually.

*Musters up similar example scenario*

"Man, these wooden clogs are too tight for me now. I'm going to cut down a tree and just craft my own pair."

Everybody that is saying theyre not going to cop is going to be complaining after release dayabout reseller price.

Everybody that is saying theyre not going to cop is going to be complaining after release dayabout reseller price.

Originally Posted by Tang

This makes no sense. Some people simply aren't copping because they don't like the outcome. Why would I give two dambs about reseller price if I don't want them to begin with?
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Tang

This makes no sense. Some people simply aren't copping because they don't like the outcome. Why would I give two dambs about reseller price if I don't want them to begin with?
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by calikush

i want 2x. 1 for possible midsole swap.

i'm not one to base qualitatively/justify ones knowledge based on post count...

but what would be the point of this?

You'd be dealing with a hi-level possibily of more crumbles than the bottom of a cookie jar.

(and there ain't nuffin sweet about that, babes).

Originally Posted by calikush

i want 2x. 1 for possible midsole swap.

i'm not one to base qualitatively/justify ones knowledge based on post count...

but what would be the point of this?

You'd be dealing with a hi-level possibily of more crumbles than the bottom of a cookie jar.

(and there ain't nuffin sweet about that, babes).

Originally Posted by Cement Greyman

Originally Posted by CJDynasty

I think I'm going to double up on these. At first I wasn't going to, but since it seems that this will have the cement grey. Sucks though because I probably won't wear one, let alone both. Smh

alien.gif
Are you buying two for collection purposes?  And why does it suck?  Do you HAVE to buy two pairs even though it sucks to do so?

Of course it's for collecting purposes. I sold my 99s so Im replacing those. Because I wear a suit everyday, sneakers just don't make the rotation like they used to. This a classic grail color way and I WANT two pairs. Just sucks because I won't be able to wear them like I would like to.

I think I'm going to double up on these. At first I wasn't going to, but since it seems that this will have the cement grey. Sucks though because I probably won't wear one, let alone both. Smh

alien.gif
Are you buying two for collection purposes?  And why does it suck?  Do you HAVE to buy two pairs even though it sucks to do so?

Of course it's for collecting purposes. I sold my 99s so Im replacing those. Because I wear a suit everyday, sneakers just don't make the rotation like they used to. This a classic grail color way and I WANT two pairs. Just sucks because I won't be able to wear them like I would like to.

alien.gif

Understood.  I think a lot of us have that problem.  We have all these shoes sitting in our closets and not enough time or occasions to enjoy them.  If you're like me you start to wonder what's the point of having all of them in the first place.

alien.gif

Understood.  I think a lot of us have that problem.  We have all these shoes sitting in our closets and not enough time or occasions to enjoy them.  If you're like me you start to wonder what's the point of having all of them in the first place.

For guys saying they'd rather cop OGs or 99s, are you collectors just for the sake of having them or do you actually plan on wearing them? I'm all for copping a better quality older retro or OG most of the time, but it's not even a practical option to do that for these IVs when I wear everything I buy. I respect the guys that are gonna simply pass cuz they really didn't like how these turned out, but as someone who loves the IVs, doesn't have these, and just wants to rock a pair, I mean there honestly isn't any other option besides buying these 2012s that are coming out. I'm sure a few of you are gonna say "I still rock my 99s, they're still fresh as hell, and I ain't copping these new garbage #%#$+" or whatever, and if you have one of those pairs, good for you. But odds are, if I'm buying a DS, VNDS, or NDS pair of 99s right now, those things will go to $%@! and crumble much sooner than later. I guess I could pass altogether, but if I really like this particular shoe/colorway and want to wear them, what other real option do I have? JB obviously knows this and will capitalize on it, but it's the truth.

For guys saying they'd rather cop OGs or 99s, are you collectors just for the sake of having them or do you actually plan on wearing them? I'm all for copping a better quality older retro or OG most of the time, but it's not even a practical option to do that for these IVs when I wear everything I buy. I respect the guys that are gonna simply pass cuz they really didn't like how these turned out, but as someone who loves the IVs, doesn't have these, and just wants to rock a pair, I mean there honestly isn't any other option besides buying these 2012s that are coming out. I'm sure a few of you are gonna say "I still rock my 99s, they're still fresh as hell, and I ain't copping these new garbage #%#$+" or whatever, and if you have one of those pairs, good for you. But odds are, if I'm buying a DS, VNDS, or NDS pair of 99s right now, those things will go to $%@! and crumble much sooner than later. I guess I could pass altogether, but if I really like this particular shoe/colorway and want to wear them, what other real option do I have? JB obviously knows this and will capitalize on it, but it's the truth.

i'm not complaining, i know the retros wont be the same as the ogs but i want a pair that i can wear without the knowing of they will fall apart on the back of your mind. the grey looks lighter too, so its a cop for me.

i'm not complaining, i know the retros wont be the same as the ogs but i want a pair that i can wear without the knowing of they will fall apart on the back of your mind. the grey looks lighter too, so its a cop for me.

Originally Posted by Wayne141

Well said.  It really isn't a good idea to try to get a pair of 99s unless they are for display purposes.  If I never owned a pair of IV's I would probably feel different about these.  If I could get these for $100 I would probably consider them honestly.  I just don't feel they are worth the asking price versus what you get and what I know the Brand is capable of giving us.  Yeah, I know I have only seen pics so how can I judge the quality?  History for one, and if you are a fiend for sneakers like we are that obsess over sneakers a picture tells a lot.  I also realize that you can put the 99s and 2012s side by side and ask 100 people what the differences are the majority wouldn't be able to tell the difference.....this argument can also stated about most fakes as well.  The average consumer couldn't tell or care what the differences are. 

Well said.  It really isn't a good idea to try to get a pair of 99s unless they are for display purposes.  If I never owned a pair of IV's I would probably feel different about these.  If I could get these for $100 I would probably consider them honestly.  I just don't feel they are worth the asking price versus what you get and what I know the Brand is capable of giving us.  Yeah, I know I have only seen pics so how can I judge the quality?  History for one, and if you are a fiend for sneakers like we are that obsess over sneakers a picture tells a lot.  I also realize that you can put the 99s and 2012s side by side and ask 100 people what the differences are the majority wouldn't be able to tell the difference.....this argument can also stated about most fakes as well.  The average consumer couldn't tell or care what the differences are. 

I'm w/ you guys. I'm no collector by any means, and I wear all of mine. this will be my first time buying two pair, because I love this particular shoe that much.

I'm w/ you guys. I'm no collector by any means, and I wear all of mine. this will be my first time buying two pair, because I love this particular shoe that much.

from mn: "...The Air Jordan 4 Retro White / Cement Grey will also be packaged in its retro box, that displays the Flight Jumpman on the top and includes black paper wrapping. However, TEAM GS will have to stick with the Black and Silver box, as well as the “Tech Grey

from mn: "...The Air Jordan 4 Retro White / Cement Grey will also be packaged in its retro box, that displays the Flight Jumpman on the top and includes black paper wrapping. However, TEAM GS will have to stick with the Black and Silver box, as well as the “Tech Grey

Originally Posted by freezyfreeky

Originally Posted by freezyfreeky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom