Air Jordan IX "Johnny Kilroy" 10/6/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

^ The truth!

People will change their mind, come release.

Mark my words. "I WILL NOT BUY THESE AMERICAN BAND STAND EDITION IX'S"!!! Some of you guys will probably be right on the "Limited" tag, because JB knows that they don't want these to sit on the shelf, so they're not going to press their luck on a "GR" tag. There are way too many other shoes coming out this winter, for anybody to give these atrocious shoes a second guess. These will only sell out with the "Limited" tag and even then I would doubt that JB will produced many of these. I can only think of Mase and Puff Daddy with shiny suits on, when these pic's were released.

I'm not hoping on the 1970's "Soul Train" and/or American Band Stand" colorway. You can bet that.

"Kilroy kicks butt" how clever...
eyes.gif

These things look so last-minute, thrown-together sloppy. They should change the lace-loops to red instead of silver/grey and the silver/grey color around the sides should be white. Basically like a pair of reverse black/white IX's but without the contrast stitching like Gentry had.

hmmm, the silver looks cheesy somehow. If they just made the midsoles and the tumbled leather into medium grey
or neutral grey, I would like them more.

Those new pics still don't do anything for me.

However, I do like that the shape is decent, hopefully the Cool Grey's and Olive's look good.

I wanted at least 2 pair of the 9's.... I was thinking cool grey and olives, changed to these and olives.....

They really screwed these up. Who is going to buy this with the raptors, bc 4s, bred 11s, and bred 13s releasing. I don't think the commercial will carry these that much. I know he Kilroy was a bull in the commercial but they shoul've done something with a lot of unique colors because it was a mystery. Something along the lines of the Leroy Smith 1 and make it limited. All they did was reverse the og white/black 9.

These got on sale written all over them. They could have come up with something a little better in terms of color combination.

i dont get the hype for the olives and the cool grey 9s they were always the weekest ones where im from
it was only the white and black og, charcoal jawns, and the white grey and blue jawns that were hot
if you had the olives u turned the olive part black in a heartbeat

Not sure on these yet, but I think I'm leaning towards getting them. I always liked those ads as a kid.

IMHO, they have done exactly what they should have done with these, perfect tribute to Johnny.

Originally Posted by RD803

auto-cop..one to wear one to stare
haha two pairs...really? Let me know when you decide to sell them down the road to get something nicer. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom