Air Jordan IX Wht/Black/Red HOLIDAY 2016

I never really cared about the direction the jumpman face but I went and looked at some of my other nine and didnt realize uncs were correct. I also didn't notice how large they were

To me, the size is a bigger deal than the direction. The smaller Jumpman just isnt proportionate with the rest of the shoe.

What size did you get? I got TTS and I have no heel lift but it feels a little snug on the toes.

I went .5 up. I'm not saying that my heel like slips out, I can just feel my heel lifting maybe a half inch in the shoe. I don't have much of a heel in the first place but think the mix of the stiffness of the midsole and the lack of any kind of collar is what does it for me. Like I've gone .5 up in 3's and 31's for a looser fit but the heel lift is non existent because they have heel/ankle collars.

I went .5 up. I'm not saying that my heel like slips out, I can just feel my heel lifting maybe a half inch in the shoe. I don't have much of a heel in the first place but think the mix of the stiffness of the midsole and the lack of any kind of collar is what does it for me. Like I've gone .5 up in 3's and 31's for a looser fit but the heel lift is non existent because they have heel/ankle collars.
Nothing like that on my pair. I had to break in the shoes a little to feel comfortable in the toes because it felt stiff and it still does. I guess that's the trade-off.

I still can't believe how fast these have disappeared. Does anyone know if they were semi-limited?

Stores didn't receive close to the same amount as true blues or space jams.

That's why I made sure I didn't sleep. Especially depending on the area you're in.

Since I hadn't had these since 2002 I decided to double up even tho they "sat." As it turns out, it was a good move. I'm happy I did. I must say, I didn't expect them to disappear so quickly. I guess it wasn't an immediate sell out due to them dropping between so many hot releases.

Damn these dried up quick. I thought they would sit a bit longer. I was looking for a size 12 at all the malls, but all they had were 7.5's, 8's, and 9's.

Looking for a 8.5 for a friend......Checked online and nothing, even called a few local malls and still nothing. Cant anybody think or know of any place that might have them still?

In the same boat with a size 9....id assume there's gotta be an online restock coming up though.

I went to my local mall nearly a week ago and stock located a pair at FL.When I recieved the pair their was a scratch along the top of the toe box.Needless to say I'm still in search of a size 12.

Since I hadn't had these since 2002 I decided to double up even tho they "sat." As it turns out, it was a good move. I'm happy I did. I must say, I didn't expect them to disappear so quickly. I guess it wasn't an immediate sell out due to them dropping between so many hot releases.

Stock is likely being held for outlets

Because that makes sense to hold back stock to sell below retail later when there are customers willing to pay retail now.

Then why did they do it with the 2011 Banneds, 2013 BT 1s, 2014 LB XIs, etc. Etc.? None of those were B grades and they could've sold them for full retail easily-maybe the foot traffic increases sales of their other outlet products so it is worth it to them.

Last edited:
Then why did they do it with the 2011 Banneds, 2013 BT 1s, 2014 LB XIs, etc. Etc.? None of those were B grades and they could've sold them for full retail easily-maybe the foot traffic increases sales of their other outlet products so it is worth it to them.
2011 Banneds originally released at Nike Outlets, they didn't "wind up" there from not selling. 2013 BT 1s were B grades - both the box lid and the shoe size tag were stamped "B" - I know, I bought a few pairs. In the normal course of a shoe's release, stock isn't intentionally "held back" for outlets. Stock you see in an outlet is a either a buyback from a retailer (FTL, FA, etc) of stock that wasn't selling, unsold surplus from Nike itself, or one offs of returns from consumer purchases.

2011 Banneds originally released at Nike Outlets, they didn't "wind up" there from not selling. 2013 BT 1s were B grades - both the box lid and the shoe size tag were stamped "B" - I know, I bought a few pairs. In the normal course of a shoe's release, stock isn't intentionally "held back" for outlets. Stock you see in an outlet is a either a buyback from a retailer (FTL, FA, etc) of stock that wasn't selling, unsold surplus from Nike itself, or one offs of returns from consumer purchases.

Exactly.

The "Banneds" was part of the gimmick. Banned from retail stores.

Back
Top Bottom