Air Jordan OG 1 HIGH ‘85 “Georgetown”

251A1D25-7785-47F8-9090-2224A74BB4E8.jpeg

These are a 8.5/10

I don't know why but this she is underwhelming to me in person. I was excited for them when I saw pics and then hit on SNKRS but now that I have them...It's something...'meh' about them....
Cash out the !

First pair of 85s I threw straight to toe (have NGs on the ice), went tts, been rocking them for a week nonstop and I guess because of higher leather where tongue begins and my high *** instep they are killing me where my toes start, never have that with other 1s... anyone with the same issue?

Same feelings here
I think that’s more common than not. At least for me it is. I’m always hyped to be getting a shoe and when I get it, it doesn’t seem to live up to the expectations I had for it. The material quality is usually to blame but I remind myself that I’m buying overpriced, overhyped and cheaply made Jordans. I keep coming back so it’s not bad enough to completely turn me off.

First pair of 85s I threw straight to toe (have NGs on the ice), went tts, been rocking them for a week nonstop and I guess because of higher leather where tongue begins and my high *** instep they are killing me where my toes start, never have that with other 1s... anyone with the same issue?
It’s probably the really thick insole, which will take time to mold. I threw in EasyFeet insoles and even those are slightly thinner, just enough to make it a much better fit in the toe box. Maybe take a standard AJ1 insole and swap it just to see if it helps?

Need to get .5 size up next time. Or switch out the insoles like CNola CNola mentioned

You can also try stuffing the toebox with socks and applying heat with a blow dryer for 15-30 seconds, allow it to cool. Repeat the process until you get the results you want.

I think that’s more common than not. At least for me it is. I’m always hyped to be getting a shoe and when I get it, it doesn’t seem to live up to the expectations I had for it. The material quality is usually to blame but I remind myself that I’m buying overpriced, overhyped and cheaply made Jordans. I keep coming back so it’s not bad enough to completely turn me off.
I was more excited to get my pair of cardinal 3s from the restock

I guess it is all about what you like

Need to get .5 size up next time. Or switch out the insoles like CNola CNola mentioned

You can also try stuffing the toebox with socks and applying heat with a blow dryer for 15-30 seconds, allow it to cool. Repeat the process until you get the results you want.

Yeah that might be it, I just swapped it with "normal" AJ1 insole and it feels way better, have one pair of AJ1 that is 0.5 size up so the thicker insoles might be ok in them, thank you and CNola CNola

Did some comparisons last night and Interesting that I have two pairs of normal 1's that are higher in cut than these Georgetowns.... weird but I guess I was expecting major height increase

Back
Top Bottom