Air Jordan OG 1 HIGH ‘85 “Georgetown”

How are y'all liking these after a few months of wear?

Do the colors pop in hand?

Did they feel tight and uncomfortable at the beginning, then break in nicely over time?

TTS definitely the way to go?

...I'm thinking about grabbing a pair on eBay.

Did they feel tight and uncomfortable at the beginning, then break in nicely over time?

yes

I really enjoy my pair. I've worn them 5 or 6 times now and they are breaking in nicely. No the colors don't pop, its a pretty mild colorway and that is something I enjoy about them. They do have a solid break in period, as to be expected with the 85 cut and materials. The more wears, the better these will look, IMO. Yes TTS. They run more narrow than a standard 1 high but I have narrow feet so it didn't matter to me. Too much room in the toebox is what makes some people pairs look wavy when broken in.

Ive worn my NG1s now for two years and they're very comfortable now. It took a solid month or two of everyday wear to break them in. Felt like bricks when I first got.

I really enjoy my pair. I've worn them 5 or 6 times now and they are breaking in nicely. No the colors don't pop, its a pretty mild colorway and that is something I enjoy about them. They do have a solid break in period, as to be expected with the 85 cut and materials. The more wears, the better these will look, IMO. Yes TTS. They run more narrow than a standard 1 high but I have narrow feet so it didn't matter to me. Too much room in the toebox is what makes some people pairs look wavy when broken in.
This is great information...thank you. :emoji_pray:

I think I heard that the 85 cut tends to be more narrow, but also a little longer.

...is that right?

This is great information...thank you. :emoji_pray:

I think I heard that the 85 cut tends to be more narrow, but also a little longer.

...is that right?
Yeah that's a fair statement. Not enough for me to consider sizing up, however.

Ive worn my NG1s now for two years and they're very comfortable now. It took a solid month or two of everyday wear to break them in. Felt like bricks when I first got.
That's interesting.

Break in could be a challenge for me.

I only wear my pairs 2-4 times a month.

...like to keep as many shoes in regular rotation as possible.

85's are a do it all pair, to reduce the amount of other pairs you have. They really start to give back once they are worn continuously. And they still look really good after a ton of wear.

That's interesting.

Break in could be a challenge for me.

I only wear my pairs 2-4 times a month.

...like to keep as many shoes in regular rotation as possible.
Every time you wear them just do burpees, calf raises, and lunges and they'll break in in no time. Trust me! :smile:

So I am thinking about doing a trade for these with amother NTer... two questions for folks that have these or might be able to help..

1. I usually wear a 10.5 but have tried on a few pair of high OGs in a 10 and they feel fine, though I have never really wore them. Should I be safe going down .5 in these? Dont have any 85s but some folk here and on YT suggest .5 down.

2. Can this be fixed?

IMG_4730.JPG

Like with ironing... or will it fix itself with wear over time?

So I am thinking about doing a trade for these with amother NTer... two questions for folks that have these or might be able to help..

1. I usually wear a 10.5 but have tried on a few pair of high OGs in a 10 and they feel fine, though I have never really wore them. Should I be safe going down .5 in these? Dont have any 85s but some folk here and on YT suggest .5 down.

2. Can this be fixed?

IMG_4730.JPG

Bro…are you trying to tell me you don’t know your own shoe size?

…seriously?

2. Can this be fixed?

IMG_4730.JPG

If you’re narrow footed, you may survive. I prefer .5 up because how narrow the build is on 85s. Otherwise, it’s not the best route and you may end doing more work obtaining your true size. Save yourself the the stress and get your TTS at the very least.

These are narrow as ****. 85’s in general feel smaller than most Nike shoes. .5 if you’ve got wide foot. I’ve got small *** feet and I wish I got them in half size bigger. I wear a 8 in most shoes, but I feel like these will be alright once they break in. The leather stretches out with wear

These are narrow as ****. 85’s in general feel smaller than most Nike shoes. .5 if you’ve got wide foot. I’ve got small *** feet and I wish I got them in half size bigger. I wear a 8 in most shoes, but I feel like these will be alright once they break in. The leather stretches out with wear
Break them in and they'll fit like normal. Ive got wide feet and they felt sh*tty until I broke them in.

Break them in and they'll fit like normal. Ive got wide feet and they felt sh*tty until I broke them in.
My pair of these just fit way more snug than my black and white 85’s. The toe box on these while walking just hurt my feet dude. I think I just got a bad pair. My black and white ones fit perfect. It’s the damn thick insoles they put in these 85 cut…

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom