Air Jordan Retro 9 “Powder Blue” OG March 23, 2024

Jumpman size, shade blue, heel shape, bulkiness etc.... Jesus could come back right now and y'all would find a way to nitpick that.

"Idk the Bible made me think you'd be a bit taller and turning water to wine is kinda played."

aki-and-pawpaw-thinking (1).gif
I know… shoe people on shoe forums critiquing shoe releases. The horror.

Jumpman size, shade blue, heel shape, bulkiness etc....

Niketalk is great for this very reason. There are guys on here who are real nerds about this **** and I am all for it. The shoes need to be dissected in this way for various reasons.

If you want to live in an echo chamber where everything is “copped” and people use terminology like “bricks” and are concerned about resell there’s a whole community for that. They even call each other “army” and “family” and sell matching socks and hoodies.

That’s why we give most of these dudes a hard time because they are corny and signify the “gentrification” if you will, of this hobby that some of us go back to the 80s with and are not about the 🌽

Opinions aren’t always hate.

Trying to decide if I should cop these for kids or just give them the reimagined joints. Bm wants me to get these but they're gonna ruin these the first wear. Might just get em both🤷🏾‍♂️

Edit: grammar.

Last edited:
Trying to decide if I should cop these for kids or just give the reimagined joints. Bm wants me to get these but they're gonna ruin these the first way. Might just get em both🤷🏾‍♂️
Def recommend the reimagined 4s for the kids. My 3 year old has been wearing her pair since the shock drop and they still look basically new.

One of my Fnl connects let me grab
mine (right Sz.10)
& my wifes (left sz.7y) early .
These are decently done , mens blue is slightly brighter then the gs pairs blue.
Mens made in Vietnam, gs made in Indonesia.
The blue on the 2010 powder 9s was a true Unc uniform baby blue,.
The 2024 powder 9 colors kinda mimic the powder 10s we got a decade ago.
I personally prefer the unc powder blue more, but these are still nice .
20240310_144705.jpg

Below is the 2010 powder 9s to reference the unc color....
s-l1200(1).jpg
is the jumpman larger on the 2010 pair?

I wonder why they decided to shrink it to begin with. They’re always ****ing with something

Tightening up the stitching on a jumpman and making it more detailed is a quality upgrade. All these other changes are bs

I wonder why they decided to shrink it to begin with. They’re always ****ing with something

Tightening up the stitching on a jumpman and making it more detailed is a quality upgrade. All these other changes are bs
Ironically the last retro with the original size was these.

You make zero sense with this willingly mess. It’s adding to your original statement of them having credit to begin with.

Shrinking it then flipping it backwards :sick:

Anyone who is in design that will drive you nuts. Especially on the 11s.
Especially on the 9. The shoes branding can be seen with pants or shorts. The last thing you would think they would want is to make it smaller. Im sure when they decided to make the Jumpman face the same direction, it may have needed to be smaller for proper placement. But now theres really no reason for it to be small.

Especially on the 9. The shoes branding can be seen with pants or shorts. The last thing you would think they would want is to make it smaller. Im sure when they decided to make the Jumpman face the same direction, it may have needed to be smaller for proper placement. But now theres really no reason for it to be small.

They’ve displayed so much incompetence in the past, my money is on they flipped it back to make the necessary correction while completely forgetting that they changed the size to begin with

Shrinking it then flipping it backwards :sick:

Anyone who is in design that will drive you nuts. Especially on the 11s.
That leather area on the ankle collar of the 11s was so obviously designed around the shape of the jumpman. It’s almost unbelievable to me that they decided to change that in the first place. I’m surprised they never made the change on the 7s. Would’ve looked equally stupid.

They’ve displayed so much incompetence in the past, my money is on they flipped it back to make the necessary correction while completely forgetting that they changed the size to begin with
They sold so many 9s that way for so long, they probably feel like it wasnt that important. I hope they fix it by the time Charcoals come back though. I highly doubt it.

People complained about the price increases a couple years back but since then, they've used the extra money to fix molds, give us great materials, and bring back a bunch of OGs. JB can do no wrong in my eyes... Gotta salute what they've done the last few years

u2HtR2C.gif

Back
Top Bottom