Air Jordan Retro 9 “Powder Blue” OG March 23, 2024

And the reason I expect shock drop and EA is because if they’re putting them in the UNC team’s hands in January, they want these to do big numbers in the middle of the tourney and use social media to push them and UNC going into the tourney. All part of the ”free marketing” machine.

1000048992.jpg

The incorrect shade of powder blue that they’ve chosen to used on these may be a deal breaker for me. I hoped like h@!! It was the lighting, but every image and video proves otherwise…

Yeah 9's are just as uncomfortable as the 4's to me, both feel like bricks underfoot and are pinky toe killers. Hopefully they improved the comfort on the 9's like they supposedly did with the upcoming 4's this year.

Yeah 9's are just as uncomfortable as the 4's to me, both feel like bricks underfoot and are pinky toe killers. Hopefully they improved the comfort on the 9's like they supposedly did with the upcoming 4's this year.

Unfortunately the 4's have kind of gone downhill over the years. OG 4's and 5's were some of the most comfortable shoes I've ever had. The retros after 99-00 have gutted the original cushioning. I don't understand it at all.

Unfortunately the 4's have kind of gone downhill over the years. OG 4's and 5's were some of the most comfortable shoes I've ever had. The retros after 99-00 have gutted the original cushioning. I don't understand it at all.
Well I feel once the Jordans became retro's they started declining the comfort because they became more style sneakers instead of on court basketball sneakers where comfort was a more of an important factor. I can say the same for the older air max models such as the 95's, they used to be so much more comfortable when they had larger air bubbles and were actually made for running.

Last edited:

zombiejohnny Well I feel once the Jordans became retro's they started declining the comfort because they became more style sneakers instead of on court basketball sneakers where comfort was a more of an important factor. I can say the same for the older air max models such as the 95's, they used to so much more comfortable when they had larger air bubbles and were actually made for running.
Because the old midsoles were phylon which has more elasticity and shock absorption than current midsoles which are eva. But the phylon also crumbles like we see in a lot of pics from the Jordans made in 99 and older. So take your pic becasue each has its own pros and cons. I’d like to see the protro treatment on Jordan retros like the Kobes.

Back
Top Bottom