Air Jordan Retro 9 “Powder Blue” OG March 23, 2024

🔥

Attachments

• IMG_5845.jpeg
    IMG_5845.jpeg
    997 KB · Views: 333
The 9 was interesting cause it was futuristic and yet a ‘back to the basics’ shoe at the same time.

The futuristic part was the rounded shoe laces and speed lace system and I think it was the first Jordan to use a Phylon midsole? Can’t remember for sure but the whole appearance of the shoe was very modern at the time. Yet, it lacked the straps and bold colorways of its predecessors. There was no fancy color schemes like Bordeaux or Aquas.

I remember people calling them moon boots at the time lol, especially the white/blacks.

I remember being freaked out by the rope laces. My buddy had the white/black/red pair and he was so extra careful with the laces because we didn't know where to get replacements. :lol:

I remember being freaked out by the rope laces. My buddy had the white/black/red pair and he was so extra careful with the laces because we didn't know where to get replacements. :lol:
I could see that yea. I’ve been wearing my Charcoals the last couple days and tbh they don’t feel too bad, though ofc they are long broken in. Not as comfy as 7’s or 8’s. Curios to see how these Powders will feel in comparison.

Locked up a pair at Richard's. Didn't look like they got many. Looked like one of most sizes, but lucky for me, they had two 12's and I managed to get the last pair.
Yeah I was about to say, nobody's talking about how Richards had reservations open starting today. I'm not going to even bother because the Bred 4 release was a hot mess and there was some obvious backdooring going on so I know they'd come up with some BS excuse about how they don't have my size. And then their raffle never gave any results! Insane. I'll just take my chances with SNKRS if I decide to go for em

Yeah I was about to say, nobody's talking about how Richards had reservations open starting today. I'm not going to even bother because the Bred 4 release was a hot mess and there was some obvious backdooring going on so I know they'd come up with some BS excuse about how they don't have my size. And then their raffle never gave any results! Insane. I'll just take my chances with SNKRS if I decide to go for em

I’ve never done the Richards thing and was planning to go at open tomorrow. Oh well.

Yeah, I'm always a little worried on those until I have them in hand. Doesn't matter where it is. FTL, FNL, wherever. But, with the wristband system at Richard's, it's usually pretty solid unless you miss the pickup window.

Buddha, it can't hurt to drop by your Richard's. They have a list of the sizes available and they take your name/number with your size. If your size isn't available, they'll let you know up front. They used to give out wristbands, but they killed that off. Now it's just show up, show your ID, and grab your pair. You have like a 2 hour window at opening to get in and pick up your pair.

Agreed with jshortt jshortt , buddhashark buddhashark definitely go see if you can get your pair. Hell I wouldn't have been at my Richards for the 4s if I hadn't had success there in the past. Things just got real funky on the last drop. And also I have big *** feet, so they may be just getting 1 pair. It was just real shady because there were like 7-8 people in line ahead of me, standing outside, and when it got to the guy in front of me, magically, all they had left were kid sizes. You do the math :lol:

Agreed with jshortt jshortt , buddhashark buddhashark definitely go see if you can get your pair. Hell I wouldn't have been at my Richards for the 4s if I hadn't had success there in the past. Things just got real funky on the last drop. And also I have big *** feet, so they may be just getting 1 pair. It was just real shady because there were like 7-8 people in line ahead of me, standing outside, and when it got to the guy in front of me, magically, all they had left were kid sizes. You do the math :lol:

Yeah, it's always a different deal when people are lined up for the list. Happened to me with the Reimagined 3's. Resellers had their girlfriends with them claiming the big sizes. That said, I've never had any issue with Richard's when I actually get a pair reserved. Always really smooth.

IG pic I came across of the OGs. Looks much closer to what we are getting with the ‘24 retro. Doesn’t show as drastic of a difference in mudguard/heel panel height like that earlier pic posted in here suggests. New pair is close enough for me. I’m all about getting the details right but I’ve learned to pick my battles with some of these retro models. Those Luka pics probably single handily sold these though. Got em looking fire on feet.
IMG_3165.jpeg

I had to swing by Richards to get my kid soccer cleats anyway and was able to reserve a pair. Half the staff didn’t know they were releasing and only two pairs in any size had been reserved already. Thanks guys.

Nice! Also, sounds like you had the true Richard's experience. Nobody seems to know what you're talking about, they ask random people until somebody says "oh, yeah there's a list. Hang on..." :rofl:

Nice! Also, sounds like you had the true Richard's experience. Nobody seems to know what you're talking about, they ask random people until somebody says "oh, yeah there's a list. Hang on..." :rofl:
Exactly that. The fourth guy had the clipboard. This might be a more low key release, but hopefully this location stays like this for a bit. It’s one that just started getting Js at all.

Exactly that. The fourth guy had the clipboard. This might be a more low key release, but hopefully this location stays like this for a bit. It’s one that just started getting Js at all.

Take advantage of that as long as you can. Mine was that way for a couple of years before it got blown up. I think it was exactly the same situation as yours. Didn't get J's, or got them super inconsistently, so nobody knew to go there.

Well, I know that. What I was showing was how the feature of the blue lining is huge in comparison to the 2010 release.
Gotcha. Let’s never speak of them again 🤣 that shape is so awful. I just pulled out my 2012 Olives and some of the differences are hilarious. Like the cuts on these old 9 retros are all paper thin and complete trash. The angle of the toecap curve is practically flat compared to the 2024. I think the missing eyelet screws the shape of all those old ones from that era.

It’s to the point defending old retros you have to write off 20+ years of shoe purchases to defend why these new ones with modest improvements are trash.

IMG_9752.jpeg

IMG_9753.jpeg

2024 with same angle as the two above:

IMG_9750.jpeg

That
Gotcha. Let’s never speak of them again 🤣 that shape is so awful. I just pulled out my 2012 Olives and some of the differences are hilarious. Like the cuts on these old 9 retros are all paper thin and complete trash. The angle of the toecap curve is practically flat compared to the 2024. I think the missing eyelet screws the shape of all those old ones from that era.

It’s to the point defending old retros you have to write off 20+ years of shoe purchases to defend why these new ones with modest improvements are trash.

IMG_9752.jpeg

IMG_9753.jpeg

2024 with same angle as the two above:

IMG_9750.jpeg
That setup tho…

Back
Top Bottom