Air Jordan Retro 9 “Powder Blue” OG March 23, 2024

Sold out on snkrs. Told myself I was passing, but I couldn't help myself. That's why I like snkrs tho. If I wind up not being able to accept the shape, mudguard, etc. I can always return them.

Screenshot_20240323_105829_SNKRS.jpg

Nice man! Glad it was an easy one for you. It usually takes them a couple of rounds to get their system down, so I'd say you have another couple of releases there before they figure which way works easiest for the employees running the pickup.
I got a look at the list. Only 4 people had reserved total and they had them on display in the shoe section.

Sold out on snkrs. Told myself I was passing, but I couldn't help myself. That's why I like snkrs tho. If I wind up not being able to accept the shape, mudguard, etc. I can always return them.

Screenshot_20240323_105829_SNKRS.jpg
Definitely not sold out. Was mildly interested in these but didn’t realize this release didn’t have the 23 on the back until I went to checkout. Takes away from the shoe in my opinion.

IMG_8157.png

What??? lol are u serious
Very serious. Wasn’t very big on them to begin with but got a birthday coming up and got some extra cash to splurge with. Was just going to cop these because not much coming out the rest of the year and I missed out on these as a kid. They just don’t hit the same to me without the 23. Judging by the FSR still available on NDC I’m not the only one.

Very serious. Wasn’t very big on them to begin with but got a birthday coming up and got some extra cash to splurge with. Was just going to cop these because not much coming out the rest of the year and I missed out on these as a kid. They just don’t hit the same to me without the 23.
Hit more without the 23. That’s how they suppose to be lol

Alright, quick review. I currently own zero 9s but I’ll compare to 2010 white/black and 2012 olives from memory.

It’s definitely a true summit white upper. It’s not as noticeable on its own since it’s against black, but if you put it right next to something white you’ll notice. The only benefit to this is it may somewhat delay how long you’ll have until the upper and the outsole no longer match. The collar lining is the only part that’s a true cerulean color. The midsole and back logo are darker than UNC jerseys but not as off as the 2014 powder 10s.

All the upper materials are thin to medium thickness and very flimsy. However, the upper is stiff and the mudguard, back, and top of collar are very soft. It’s nice to have that soft material in the toe as it ads one element of comfort (the only one). They fit longer than previous 9s I’ve owned. They are just as narrow, but the softer mudguard material stops them from killing the pinky toe (at least immediately). Narrow footers could probably go half size down (or TTS if you typically size up on 9s).

The cushioning is Air Brick. No improvement there. There also appears to be less arch support than usual. That, coupled with how flimsy the upper is, makes the medial side of the collar flare out if your ankle rolls inward. I’ll probably add an arch support to mine, which should help.

Overall I’m satisfied at retail, but will obviously catch a discount if I can within the 90-day return window.

Congrats to those that wanted these and got them.

Go Heels!

Update: still pinky toe killers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom