Air Jordan Retro 9 “Powder Blue” OG March 23, 2024

Yeah, the mudguard on those Grant Hills are trash. One of the many reasons I got rid of my pair.

The mudguard on my 9’s don’t bother me as much as I would have thought but I’m definitely going to grab a 2nd pair tomorrow to pick the “perfect” pair. I went through that with the Cherry 12’s. I wonder which factory made the best pairs. Here’s my size tag if anyone was wondering. Factory VY

51779CED-4C15-4E04-A7CE-2C7D0AEBC41D.jpeg

Yeah, the mudguard on those Grant Hills are trash. One of the many reasons I got rid of my pair.

The mudguard on my 9’s don’t bother me as much as I would have thought but I’m definitely going to grab a 2nd pair tomorrow to pick the “perfect” pair. I went through that with the Cherry 12’s. I wonder which factory made the best pairs. Here’s my size tag if anyone was wondering. Factory VY

51779CED-4C15-4E04-A7CE-2C7D0AEBC41D.jpeg

Both of mine (1 Richard's, 1 FNL) are from that factory and look EXACTLY the same.

Agree with you 💯 but just keeping it a buck, inconsistencies like this are found on loads of retros, not just these 9s.
I enjoy your videos, man. And that’s not something I say often when it comes to sneaker vids :lol:
much appreciated , i will keep doing my videos then. I am an OG head and i had them and remember them differently than most people who only had certain shoes when they were retroed.

After trying them on, damm they look great. So much nostalgia. I had 2010 pair, but never the OGs in this c/w. Only problem is I went with my normal size 11 and they fit super snug like the recent playoff 8s. I really need an 11.5 in these, but I have an almost flawless pair so that's not good. Gotta swap tho cause I refuse to be uncomfortable atp.

The bigger jumpman on the 2010 midsole looks much better. Not sure if these are thr same size JRepp23 JRepp23 but the 2010s look like a full size (or 2) bigger. If they are in fact the same size, then the '24 pair clearly has a better shape. I love the matte midsole on the '24 as opposed to the glossy finish on the '10.

The leather quality is thick and stiff. It's also not as shiny on the '24. Overall, the '24 woulda been close to perfection if...

1. Jumpman on midsole was bigger
2. Leather was a little softer
3. Mudguard was higher

Screenshot_20240328_080650_Brave.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom