Air Jordan Retro 9 “Powder Blue” OG March 23, 2024

image.jpg

To label these remastered may be funny but let's be honest here, this is as close as we will get with these. Not sure if there needs any other label. Minus the jumpman size, which is huge to me, they nailed this release. Not really trying to wait another 14 to find out. Personally, these are remastered as they will ever be.

Really? I think your joking. Right?
Did I really look like I was laughing?
No no I was not joking.
It is just impossible that this shoe had a blue tongue just for Mike even if sample was made sometimes, but for this shoe i have some concerns.
I think it is an effect of fleeting light because the tongue was a brillant black.
If you watch the globe icon at the back, it also stands out black because the pull tab is black and the poor video quality explain that and i don't think the globe was black...
But i have to admit, i've watched the video several times and yes we can imagine sometimes the tongue is blue.

Last edited:
Did I really look like I was laughing?
No no I was not joking.
It is just impossible that this shoe had a blue tongue just for Mike even if sample was made sometimes, but for this shoe i have some concerns.
I think it is an effect of fleeting light because the tongue was a brillant black.
If you watch the globe icon at the back, it also stands out black because the pull tab is black and the poor video quality explain that and i don't think the globe was black...
But i have to admit, i've watched the video several times and yes we can imagine sometimes the tongue is blue.

You have some weird takes, dude. If that pic isn’t doctored, the tongue is definitely blue. You can’t go by the grainy ancient video. What exactly would magically make the tongue appear blue when the shoes clearly have black laces? That would be a hell of a coincidence of an optical illusion that a black tongue looks blue on a colorway that also happens to include a similar color blue.
I can see how the black pull tab could make the globe look black on an old video. But that’s the opposite of a black tongue looking blue when there’s nothing else blue around it to trick the camera.

I saw these in store a few weeks back and the leather felt as hard and crappy as the 2010 pair. They really could have used a similar leather on these that they used on the toebox rand on the reimagined 3s since that didnt have a tumble.

You have some weird takes, dude. If that pic isn’t doctored, the tongue is definitely blue. You can’t go by the grainy ancient video. What exactly would magically make the tongue appear blue when the shoes clearly have black laces? That would be a hell of a coincidence of an optical illusion that a black tongue looks blue on a colorway that also happens to include a similar color blue.
I can see how the black pull tab could make the globe look black on an old video. But that’s the opposite of a black tongue looking blue when there’s nothing else blue around it to trick the camera.
Watch the video and make a pause at 0:07. There is a lot of light. With a shiny black tongue, i'm sure it can modify the color, or make a mirror effect, or a 3M material.
You know, this era used a little bit of magic powder.

The piece stitched going up the middle of the tounge matches the upper as far as materials go. I think in your theory here your saying the mesh turned blue in the pic. Then why would there not be a perfect black strip seen going up to the top?

The piece stitched going up the middle of the tounge matches the upper as far as materials go. I think in your theory here your saying the mesh turned blue in the pic. Then why would there not be a perfect black strip seen going up to the top?
I still think the pic is fake. Even if you make a zoom on the shoes, you can't see a difference between the lace and the tongue.
Watch the midsole, you can't see the jumman. If you can't see the jumpman you can't make a real distinction of the laces.

Forget this idea of a blue tongue!!

It's crazy that these, along wit the military blue 4s, seem to get weaker and weaker by the pic.

Both were at the top of my list coming into 2024.

Wild to pass on both but here we are.

i bought 3 pairs and tried to find the best as far as shape and mud guard. picked the 2 best shoes and returned the rest

I waited to long. Can't find an 11.5 and I knew when they released I shoulda prolly just .5 sized up. Smh

good thing I’m wearing them and not analyzing pics or they might get “weaker”. Anyone got crystals to charge the strength of these?

Back
Top Bottom