Air Jordan Retro 9 “Powder Blue” OG March 23, 2024

IMG_0158.gif

The truth is somewhere in the middle. These are not a terrible retro by any means, we’ve had Waaaaay worse, even among 9s alone. That said, not an outstanding retro either. They didn’t knock these out the park like they could have. Overall, an ok-good retro depending how picky you are and how much you like 9’s.

The truth is somewhere in the middle. These are not a terrible retro by any means, we’ve had Waaaaay worse, even among 9s alone. That said, not an outstanding retro either. They didn’t knock these out the park like they could have. Overall, an ok-good retro depending how picky you are and how much you like 9’s.
Was about to say same thing. I like them enough to keep my pair but wish the leather was nicer, the mudguard was higher and Jumpman bigger. But the shape is better than I thought and they look good overall.
Honest assessment: If I was confident we’d see these again in better form in 5-7 years, and if I was 10 years younger, I might’ve sent back my pair and waited. But since that’s not the case, I’m still pretty happy to have these.

Was about to say same thing. I like them enough to keep my pair but wish the leather was nicer, the mudguard was higher and Jumpman bigger. But the shape is better than I thought and they look good overall.
Honest assessment: If I was confident we’d see these again in better form in 5-7 years, and if I was 10 years younger, I might’ve sent back my pair and waited. But since that’s not the case, I’m still pretty happy to have these.
Yeah there’s context to all of it. These are a better shape than any IX retro I have and that’s ultimately where I’m at. OG colorways better than they’ve been retro’d to date.

Cryin these are trash is extremely OD if you are a fan of this shoe. Even funnier if you had the garbage 2010 version and these are your big disappointment of 2024 lol

As a retro these really are trash. The only thing they really have going for them is the blue rands and the matte midsole paint. Tiny jumpman, low mudguard, cheap materials…They’re slightly better than the previous trash retro, which were actually better in some aspects (jumpman,mudguard).

Disappointing is the word id use if I had to sum them up in one word.

Not to mention the shade of ‘white’ makes them look like MJ actually played baseball in them and cleaned them off. I’m still keeping my pair tho :nthat:

Saw this review on Diddy’s and he said what I thought..
Shoe felt like plastic not leather. Maybe I just forgot how the OG was. Not in love with it at all and now some nostalgia is lost.

Might return. Which is shocking to me as I wanted these for 30 years.

IMG_3444.png

If there's one IX that's never been released that needs to, it's these (I know the cool grays have been released). I would rock these ALL the time. I know lots of people here don't care for lows, but I've always thought this particular shoe and colorway works insanely well as a low. I might even prefer it to the mids. I like how they managed to keep the mudguard high, too, despite being a low. These things are just 🔥
1712616761607.png

cool greys in 2025?🤬Why does JB hate the Charcoals so much?? At this point it’s almost like a sleeper colorway, yet it was arguably the second most popular colorway back in 94’. Was my favorite 9 back then and still is today.
We’re getting two this year, wouldn’t be surprised if we get 2-3 more next year. I wouldn’t rule out charcoals yet. I almost expect them to be a Black Friday or fall release in 2025.

cool greys in 2025?🤬Why does JB hate the Charcoals so much?? At this point it’s almost like a sleeper colorway, yet it was arguably the second most popular colorway back in 94’. Was my favorite 9 back then and still is today.
My only thought is that in ‘94 they were more popular cuz they were THE black/red Jordan, whereas now they’re just one of them.

Wonder when people decided the Olives were better or more popular than Charcoals. Could never be me lol.

I mean relative to one another, not in general. Obviously 9’s don’t have the popularity of something like a 3 or an 11. But I mean these two particular 9’s. In 94’, hella people had the Charcoals, it was the second most popular 9 right after the white/blacks. A few people had the Powders. I don’t recall seeing even ONE person with Olives in the wild back then. At my school or otherwise.

It’s just strange to me we are going on the 4th retro of Olives and have only seen one (mediocre) retro of the Charcoals, considering a black/red Jordan will always be more popular than a one off like the Olives.

Back
Top Bottom