Air Jordan retro IV THUNDER QUICKSTRIKE 12/22 before the end of the year

What was the perceived quality overall on these vs other iv's released this year? Mine seem to be great except for one very minor missed stitch.

to me.... Cavs > Thunder/Bred > WC (flawless but pleather) > Mili > Varsity

I'd switch around the Thunder & Cavs and this would be perfect.

Also, for the owners of the 2005/6 version, hows the quality comparison?

Just curious.

Oh, no I was just ranking how much I like each pair. I don't have the Cavs so I can't comment on their quality. As far as look though, I just don't like them

I dont know whats worse, yours or mine. Good MIDSOLE (REAR) below  VVVVVV

GLUE COMING ON MIDSOLE DETATCHING ITSELF FROM THE SHOE STRAIGHT OUT THE BOX

AND A BUG FROM CHINA IN THE YELLOW PAINT. 
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

NDC pair came in and they came in one pair pre-creased after I looked closely...
mad.gif
mean.gif
 along with a glue stain on the side of the toebox...

Come on man..

So far from what ive seen, the spizikes are now manufactured better than the jordan xi and the jordan iv thunder that i received, back to back.

what's the different between this release and the one released in '06?

i know that with each retro that comes out, they change something up to distinguish one from another.

was the '06 version prone to cracking on the midsole like every other IV?

I believe the yellow is slightly different and the air unit color. Most like the material in look is a lil different as well. I'm still waiting for my 2 pairs and its already 6:30! I wanna see em in person already!

Seriously thinking of doubling up on the thunder 4's. Could be had for a lil bit over retail :rolleyes

But might just save this up for a possible double up on lightning (God willing)

Last edited:
The material on these should have been on the black cements
When I look at it, it's pretty close. It seems like the same material IMO. The thunders just seems to be cut a little shorter which gives it more of a durabuck look.
Sounds like you and I are on the same page as far as the material goes, it just seems different than any other pair of J's I've ever owned.  These and the Black/Red 7's.  It looks like durabuck, but it doesn't feel like it.  Night and day compared to a shoe like the Varsity Red 6's, though.

Pics wouldn't really do it justice as the short hairs seem to mimic a durabuck like material aesthetically, but the feel is just slightly different.

Maybe I'm just overanalyzing, though.
laugh.gif

Material definitely feels different from my blk/cement IV's and Thunders. The durabuck on the Thunders feel more soft and appear darker in color. The blk/cement is shorter in grain and ashy in color.

After a long 2 weeks, Finally both pairs got delivered today. And of course UPS came at 7:30PM and had me waiting like a stalker.
Both my pairs came flawless without any imperfections at all. Really happy about that. Even if I wanted to nitpick, I couldn't.

These are still sitting where I'm at. I bought a 9.5 for my bro today and there's still a 9 left. I was shocked! Didn't even know they dropped over here. I could've got me a pair right then and there.

Back
Top Bottom