Air Jordan V 5 Retro Fire Red "Black Tongue" 8/31

Yep, had that funky smelling paper in mine too...:x Got mine in store at Champs.

JUST SCOOPED UP A SECOND PAIR OF THESE AT FOOT LOCKER FOR $146 USING THE $25 B-DAY COUPON... MAN, I REALLY NEED JB TO GIVE ME A WACK MONTH OF RELEASES SO I CAN TAKE A BREATHER FROM COPPIN' ALL THESE KICKS,LOL! HOLLA...

CED B.

This month..
For the rest of the tear it's still pretty light

help the shoe how? :lol:

i just find it weird but meh, they are direct from NDC so im not worried just thought it was odd.

im trying to remember if it happened with my grapes because i recall this before..

Idk didnt think to much into it but did think it was weird oh well just paper

All the recent pics of the earlier release from this year has me contemplating grabbing them. I passed on release day.

this month is pretty light

the xq's dont look like they are coming over
the domonique 1's are bull
DB V will be a headache & i know those are love/hate
3lab v's will also be a headache & are also love/hate

oct is just the bel-air v's & steel x

so 2 easy months is attainable depending on what u like

Yea August has been brutal for my pockets too... Just glad its going to be an easy next couple months. Going to try for the DB5 and Lab5, but knowing my luck on limited release. It looks like it's going to be an easy Sept/Oct.

November light weight. I want the Laneys for sure. And if the NA BC3 really dropping during Black Friday.

December will be brutal again Taxis and Bred 1 for sure. Maybe the Gamma 11s depending on how it looks in person. Plus Xmas shopping on top of that.

kinda scared waiting for my v's lol after the shaqs and grant hills perfect quality i hope the quality is decent with no major flaws

kinda scared waiting for my v's lol after the shaqs and grant hills perfect quality i hope the quality is decent with no major flaws
You and me both, mines should arrive in the new few days, with all the people complaining about quality I keep thinking mines are going to look like this.

:rofl:

i remember buying 2 pairs of the 06 and one of the pairs cloth under the mesh was all wrinkled and deformed :smh: another pair had a small 2 but a gigantic 3 :lol: and most of the shoes had crooked 23's either i sent one pair back or sold it for retail...

a couple months later i sold the other pair...

I am definately keeping this pair... i think lol

All the recent pics of the earlier release from this year has me contemplating grabbing them. I passed on release day.

THIS

I passed too, they just seemed too plain for me but these pics yall are posting making me wish i would have got them. Im still gonna hold out though since its a break in releases i need to take advantage and calm down from all this spending haha. Maybe ill come across a deal on them later down the road

I got that in my black grapes and same thibg was in my cousin pair of grapes. Folded it looks like 4-5 sheets of that cardboard like paper. No clue why its there in between the shoes. Only 5s have come like that lol. I figured it must be something to help the shoe or they woukdn have done it so i just left it in the box... idk tho

help the shoe how? :lol:

i just find it weird but meh, they are direct from NDC so im not worried just thought it was odd.

im trying to remember if it happened with my grapes because i recall this before..

that paper is def on in all the v's boxes

its just so they dont rub together during shipment & give some ppl more to complain about

also my JJ order came in with no extras... wth JJ :lol: i never get any extra stuff from you :lol:

Last edited:
Quality fine on my pair, laces are a little dirty is my only issue. Glad I picked these up with Discover and ebates NDC cash back. Back to my hunt for black grapes...

I assume you wore then since they won't let you return them.  Curious why you didn't investigate them closely before wearing.

I go over my pairs with a magnifying glass, lol. I hate finding a massive flaw I missed after wearing. I don't usually wear my shoes for months after I buy them anyway, I'll pull them out of the box and flip them over to prevent gravity creasing, like I'll swap the pairs in the box. I'll go over them a bunch of times before wearing.
Wow! Are you serious?

its just so they dont rub together during shipment & give some ppl more to complain about

also my JJ order came in with no extras... wth JJ
laugh.gif
i never get any extra stuff from you
laugh.gif

dang no lotion? i keep trying to order from JJ just to see about these extras people say they get from them. I never luck out though and that $11 they charge for shipping :ohwell: kinda makes me glad i miss out ... ill just take the no sales tax and free ship from NDC lol

also my JJ order came in with no extras... wth JJ
laugh.gif
i never get any extra stuff from you
laugh.gif

dang no lotion? i keep trying to order from JJ just to see about these extras people say they get from them. I never luck out though and that $11 they charge for shipping :ohwell: kinda makes me glad i miss out ... ill just take the no sales tax and free ship from NDC lol

no they dont i paid $168 & change from Jj

Man I am having the most difficult time trying to find a pair of 3M fire reds. Searched eBay Craigslist and amazon. I looked in the forums for them and no luck.. If you kno anything pm me plz, thanks in advance.

lol my pair came. the craftmanship on my pair is pretty good. only a tiny white dot on the rear black part of the midsole...which a sharpie should help

Now what the hell is up with the leather?? :lol: mind you i havent bought a white leather jordan retro since probably 7 years... The leather is worse than my flight 89 retro. and it smells like a roll of tape :lol:

with that said im completely satisfied. kinda bummed the lacelocks dont have nike on them but eh i probably wont use um anyways

and did anybody ever get the official reason why there is tissue around the tongue of the shoe? got my shoes looking like they ready to chow down on some kfc...

my last 6 shoe buys have been perfect. shaqnosis, shaq attaq, olympic fila hill 2 and all star hill 2, toro iv, and now black tongue v... shutting it down til the taxis :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom