Air Jordan V 5 Retro Fire Red "Black Tongue" 8/31

can't wait till august
pimp.gif
 one pair for sure hopefully cats sleep. I wouldn't be surprised if idiots were calling these black toes
laugh.gif

The Fire Reds from January are TANKS. Hopefully these are the same way...

...minus the leather SHINE 
laugh.gif

mean.gif

Recently restored the paint on my 06 pair the bottom is stilly clear not Ds icy but not piss yellow, they held up pretty beside the small creases, one of my favs need, looking forward to the 2013View media item 442620

my connect hit me up and said he had a size 8.5 in the black tongue 5s and the fear 4s both for 300 , i went with the black tongues . can't wait to get them should be here this week .

Damn $300 for two months early?! Or $300 for both ($150each)

I would've waited and double up in August.

Lol no $300 a pair . And where I live we barely get Jordan releases , so I rather pay the extra money to have them in my hand then strike out online . I payed 275 for toro 4s a month ago .

Damn... You need to drive down to Mass :lol:

At lease you'll be the only one in your area with a fresh new pair. BTW you made the right choice between the two

The air bubble is WHITE on the 2013 just like the OG's, the 2006 had a BLACK air bubble, other than that 2013 look almost identical to the 2006 IMO disregarding the ice sole difference.  But you really can't compare Retros to OG's anyway

Forget that not for no $300 regardless of the hassle of online cop. I know how he feels about the store not gettin releases cuz its the same here but na im not paying $300. If he was my connect i could see $250 MAX ... $300 could have doubled up in August for $20 more. And if you missed out you could have caught a resell price cheaper than 3.

to each his own .. enjoy folk

Yea these were a must cop for all OG jordan heads, but Im gonna pass just due to the Blue sole.

They looked ok on the Wht/fire reds, and really good on the wht/grapes, but not on these It killed it.

I was hoping they would look good so I could pull the trigger and rock to keep my retro pair DS and have

one to rock but looks like Ill stick with my one pair and keep em fresh in the box......

Passed TWICE on these in the '06 release. My girfirend at the time offered to get them for me for Chrismas (Don't remember the exact release day, but there were still a few around for Christmas that year). Then in early 2007 when I got to Vegas a store called Suite 160 had them for 175$ (over retail for that era of retros). I passed again......And regretted it for 6 years.

I'm probably gonna cop just based on that alone. I don't buy shoes just because I never had the colorway, or just to say that I have that particular sneaker. I either have to really want it, or have missed out on them in the past for some reason.

with all the stuff coming out in and around this time, and all the speculation on other releases, I get the feeling these aren't going to be over hyped. Only time will tell. We'll see closer to the end of August.........

One of my favorite 5s of all time. I hope all the people saying they won't cop because of blue icy soles and smaller netting ect. stick to their word and not cop.

Makes it easier for me to cop.

Yea these were a must cop for all OG jordan heads, but Im gonna pass just due to the Blue sole.
They looked ok on the Wht/fire reds, and really good on the wht/grapes, but not on these It killed it.
I was hoping they would look good so I could pull the trigger and rock to keep my retro pair DS and have
one to rock but looks like Ill stick with my one pair and keep em fresh in the box......

So your going to stare at them for 7 more years?? :rofl:

The leather on those are horrible just so you know. Ppl act like retros are OG's :lol:

One of my favorite 5s of all time. I hope all the people saying they won't cop because of blue icy soles and smaller netting ect. stick to their word and not cop.

Makes it easier for me to cop.

This.

But u know the nters that always complain end up copping them after seeing on feet pics...

I bought 2 pair of these back in 06 so I'm good! I'm glad they are re-releasing for people that missed out the first time. Pictures look pretty good, but I don't really like the blue sole on these though.

good back to school. So will get me some pairs for friends and family and with so many other shoes coming out in august, this will be easier then normal. Not as easy as all these 8's sitting everywhere but wont be too hard

Last edited:
Who said retros were OG? I said these are an OG color way so if your not a true 

Jordan Head then go to the KB, or LJ section and buy them weak *** Kicks.

Who said retros were OG? I said these are an OG color way so if your not a true 
Jordan Head then go to the KB, or LJ section and buy them weak *** Kicks.

The leather is trash on the 06, only good one from that year was the stealth 5.

I don't understand how your keeping the 06 DS for 7 years and now saying how your going to pass on the 2013 and keep yours fresh in the box. Your missing out.... But hey keep staring at them :rofl:

I'm glad these are coming back out, love that blue sole

View media item 383229View media item 383231View media item 383232View media item 383233View media item 383234View media item 383236

I missed out on these back in 06', I'm defiantly copping a pair this time around. Can't wait. :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom