Air Jordan V 5 Retro Fire Red "Black Tongue" 8/31

These might be the 1st pair of sneakers I might double up on....can't wait!

The first page of this thread is comedy, ******g kids don't even know this was a completely different colorway...

"Black Tongues"... Seriously, :lol:

"The fire reds are releasing this time with a black tongue"... :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's a the reason sneaker culture has been plundered and turned into a game.

That being said, need a pair of these, don't want to rock my DS pair in the closet and burned through my other pair that dropped in December 2006

First Jordan I ever rocked, hand me downs from my cousin back in 1989. Size too big, but I didn't care.

So what do you call them?

They are still considered fire reds. It's like saying the fire reds that released in January are the "3m tongues"

People know they're both the fire reds, but they call them the black and 3M tongue to differentiate between the two.

wow...I'm gonna go ahead and assume that those pictures aren't the finished product or the lightings off or they are the early release "grey market" (fake) joints...

The only shoe that I bought this year (to keep) that I already have was the playoff XII's (and actually, that was last year, wasn't it?). I considered replacing these because mine are yellow, but if those are the pics of the final version, I"ll rock out with the yellow...

The first page of this thread is comedy, ******g kids don't even know this was a completely different colorway...

"Black Tongues"... Seriously, :lol:

"The fire reds are releasing this time with a black tongue"... :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's a the reason sneaker culture has been plundered and turned into a game.

That being said, need a pair of these, don't want to rock my DS pair in the closet and burned through my other pair that dropped in December 2006

First Jordan I ever rocked, hand me downs from my cousin back in 1989. Size too big, but I didn't care.

Let me laugh with you...:lol:

I made the topic :lol:

Those are some funny quotes :lol:

:nerd:

these better not release without the 23....gonna look like a frickin bootleg shoe...

i hope the air chambers are white this time around like the ogs

Last edited:
Just to re-fresh the homies memory, cuz its been a long time.
Theses dropped in Nov of 1990 the start of the 90-91 season.
Not 1989. Not trying to make you seem like you don't know
Anything, just reminding ya.

Damn those pics look bad, I hope they dont look like that when they release :x

Something about that tint allows tarnishes fives to me more than any other clear soled shoe they throw it on

Oh yeah!!! That eggshell pleather is so hard & shiny, reminds me of a hard boiled egg. Screams quality, doesn't it. :smh:

Oh, and you know what really compliments a fire red shoe..............blue soles.

:rolleyes

Stick with my 06's.

Last edited:
Damn, these are baddddd as hell. Definite double up for me, hope they drop without the 23 on the side though. 

glad everyone that disliked the January white/black release can now be satiated (and stop complaining that they like 'the other ones' more)

Back
Top Bottom