Air Jordan V 5 Retro Fire Red "Black Tongue" 8/31

was told it is meant to protect the tongue by keeping the knot directly off of it when tied 
lol wut... that is the dumbest thing I've heard in this thread. personally I've never worn lace locks with any shoe I just take them off and store them in small champs bag I have kept over the years along with a few shrouds and other things that came with shoes. I think the lace locks add a tiny amount of visual appeal to the shoe but it's more trouble when tieing than worth imo

I just keep the lace locks in they don't really bother me tooth but I can see how they can be a hassle for people

anybody getting their NDC orders shipped?
im having trouble logging in to check
What is going on with the web site NDC couldn't even make a size selection the day of the tweet for the fire reds. still today cant shop on their site...

Who else has this problem?

On my 5's I use to rock my lace locks stock at the top...then I stopped being lazy and relaced em and moved em to the middle of the shoe..looks good to me

This past Friday when i unDS'd a pair of my black grapes, I couldn't decide whether to keep the lace locks on or off because I didn't feel like adjusting them the way I like. Ended up taking the time and keeping them on the shoe because 5s look sloppy without the lace locks, in my opinion.

Will do the same with these 

Lace locks on > Lace locks off 
nthat.gif

Was never planning on picking these up and have been offline all weekend.
So I didn't get to see how fast (or slow) they dried up online...
How long were the popular sizes available at the Eastbay family and FNL?
Were people still copping at 1pm EST? Noon? 10am?
:nerd:

Why does it matter? They sold out.

Gotta have the lace locks they dont stay locked and you cant hoop in em. from my 99 mets to my 2011s. It really does make the shoe. Wish they would have came with the flightclub tag. Yall ain even talkin bout that. But a shoe i didn have in06 or 90 since thats the i was born. They coo. No buyers remorse this time.

Why does it matter? They sold out.

Because I'm curious, sailor... I figured these would sit awhile.
Still tons in stores all over.
You felt compelled to respond to me with that brilliant report?

Never seen anyone wear em that low in the lace pattern, but it works nicely.
yeah I've never seen it either...most people like it near the top...found it to be a tad uncomfortable at the top for me and a hassle when unlacing/lacing...in the middle is fine because it's out the way, feels locked down...adds style...and if I do wear jeans over the tongue you can still see it...but everybody has their own preference..boredom struck and I just started playing around with different styles

5s without lace locks? What........... The...... Fu...........
I agree, but that's only because we're used to seeing them like that from the original release.  If they first came out with no lacelocks, we would think nothing of it and still consider it a fresh kick lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom